• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The hush money indictment

I’ve been wondering how many Secret Service agents would call in sick if Mr Trump gets sentenced to some time in prison.

I’ve been wondering how many Secret Service agents would call in sick if Mr Trump gets sentenced to some time in prison.
Nowhere near as many that should.
I don't understand that.
Put Trump in solitary confinement , as appropo, in a high security prison, and providing secret services protection is a piece of cake.
What am I missing here?
Tom

ETA ~What about Gitmo? We still have that don't we? ~

I'd be fine locking him in a closet at Trump Tower.

Meanwhile, Karen McDougal will not be taking the stand. I think the Prosecution feels that her testimony would be too objectionable because Trump having relationship with her isn't a reason why he'd payoff Stormy Daniels. So in order to not give the defense viable chances to object and gain back a little credibility, they are going to forgo her testimony.

I think we have to be getting near the end. I'm pondering if Cohen is even going to testify. Not certain what he provides at this point.

I'm pondering if Cohen is even going to testify. Not certain what he provides at this point.
I think he has to. He is the only witness to Trump’s direct involvement. Almost anything he can testify to is corroborated by circumstantial evidence or other witnesses’ testimony, so I think the value of his testimony outweighs his credibility issues.

Before Cohen testifies, D.A. called some "unimportant" witnesses who testified to the paper trail. Since Cohen is accused of being a liar, it was important not to let him be the only one talking about Trump's signatures on checks, etc.

Will 12 jurors convict? If so, how long will we need to wait before Trump is actually incarcerated?

And if one juror refuses to convict, will there be a retrial? How long will it take for that to start?

Before Cohen testifies, D.A. called some "unimportant" witnesses who testified to the paper trail. Since Cohen is accused of being a liar, it was important not to let him be the only one talking about Trump's signatures on checks, etc.

Will 12 jurors convict? If so, how long will we need to wait before Trump is actually incarcerated?

And if one juror refuses to convict, will there be a retrial? How long will it take for that to start?
Will Trump be out pending appeal? He can get up to four years for each of the 34 charges. Usually only in the case of short sentences are convicts allowed to remain free pending appeal, like Bannon's four month sentence. Another determining factor is is he likely to win on appeal. Not bloody, I would think. We'll see how fast the jury comes back. But then there is the problem of his Secret Service protection. What special arrangements would have to be made to incarcerate a former president? Hopefully that can be remedied soon.
Introduced three weeks ago: H.R.8081 - DISGRACED Former Protectees Act. To terminate United States Secret Service protection for felons.

Back
Top Bottom