• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The News in a Note

One thing you said is something I'd like to ask you to reconsider. My views are based upon my poverty and disabilities.

You said that "the first $10,000" of income should be exempted from Social Security withholding.

Allow me to posit that if Congress were to change the laws any time soon (say, 2024-2028 or so), then, the laws ought to exempt the first $40,000 of a workers' pay from Social Security tax or withholding; furthermore, they shall be forever qualified to receive benefits.

I try to keep my proposals moderate lest detractors call me a Marxist and demand I turn in my Cabal of Centrists card.
Anyway the imminent threat of fascist take-over still looms despite a New York jury's verdict and right now we must focus on that rather than tout progressive dreams.

omg this is a humor thread? We're all lost.

My clown routine falls flat and embarrasses my children. Want to see some card tricks instead?

I don't identify as a progressive at all, nor Marxist. Marx didn't identify as a Marxist, so, why would I.

There is no word for my views, unless there is. Progressive is not the word at all that describes my actual political and social policy views.

With all due respect, I am in no position to label such an idea as mine without substantial worldwide input.

Progressives support their rights under the US Constitution and their very precious Western Civilization. These are not values I can actually discuss at this time or perhaps in writing.

I mean sure, I can definitely discuss some of our rights under law, how they came to be, and or my unhinged and uneducated opinions about survival and stuff. But that's what you see as a progressive view, and perhaps some progressives might agree with me regarding laws, rights, and issues.

But I'm too toxic for them and their Nazi-Defending friends, so, it's not easy to bounce my ideas off of anyone else's brain grooves. Nobody really gets my jokes except some lawyers and some mental healthcare providers and recipients. If I can't crack jokes about the First Amendment and the same ACLU I've held a card for and volunteered for and with, and yes, Larry Frankel's memory IS a blessing; then, how can I opinionate about political matters or society, or do a deep-dive into [info] without roasting myself and everyone I know and love, like it's the early Aughts and everyone is straight blonde Lisa Lampanelli or totally coked out wife beater Charlie Sheen?

Words, sigh. I only know
English.

Back
Top Bottom