• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

40 is the new 60?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Usually the numbers go backwards, but Trump is always up for something new and is trying to shrug off his latest polling numbers by debuting Trumpcision®.

Trump Tweet said:
The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time...
Well, the poll was actually pegging him at 36%. But apparently 40% is close enough when using Trumpcision®. And thanks to the wonders of Trumpcision®, 40% is just as good enough as an actually good polling number... when you account for "at this time".

Which is great for Trump because once things start looking up for him (by around the time he hits rock bottom), his numbers will blast through the ceiling and be higher than 100%, because we all know, Trump is simply too great to be held back by a mere ratio.

And to be fair to Trump, I think his numbers are a bit artificially low, much due to the fact he hasn't accomplished anything, other than to get lawyers richer via lawsuits over a "temporary" travel ban that shouldn't be needed now and selecting a guy that people told Trump to select for the Supreme Court. So once stuff actually starts happening, his polling should improve.

And let's be fair, he is the Modern President... maybe too modern... could even be futuristic... because in the Future, tweeting will be viewed as "action", and in that world, Trump would be high atop all of us on a pedestal, receiving the glory and adoration he thinks he deserves.

But for now, we'll need to rely on Trumpcision® (36 ≈ 40 -> 60) to tell that Trump is actually adored by America.

At this point, what's it going to take for him to get into the 20-somethings? That's what I want to know.

It's at that point that the GOP would be willing to impeach him because it would mean that he was losing the drooling mouthbreathers who yell "MAGA!" if Trump fucked their dog on the White House lawn.

But yes, Trump is a fucking idiot. And his idiot supporters will use an online poll from Alex Jones that says Trump is at 105% approval rating, as opposed the fake news, etc.

It's OK, none of his supporters care. And their heads would detonate if you tried to explain to them that 36% is 10% less than 40%.
Could kill them all by following that up with the fact 40% is 11.1% more that 36%.

But you said 36% is 10% less than 40%.

:eek:

*BAM!!!*

"At this point, what's it going to take for him to get into the 20-somethings? "
Well, according to him, all he has to do is reach out and grab those 20-somethings.

Usually the numbers go backwards, but Trump is always up for something new and is trying to shrug off his latest polling numbers by debuting Trumpcision®.

Trump Tweet said:
The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time...
Well, the poll was actually pegging him at 36%. But apparently 40% is close enough when using Trumpcision®. And thanks to the wonders of Trumpcision®, 40% is just as good enough as an actually good polling number... when you account for "at this time".

Which is great for Trump because once things start looking up for him (by around the time he hits rock bottom), his numbers will blast through the ceiling and be higher than 100%, because we all know, Trump is simply too great to be held back by a mere ratio.

And to be fair to Trump, I think his numbers are a bit artificially low, much due to the fact he hasn't accomplished anything, other than to get lawyers richer via lawsuits over a "temporary" travel ban that shouldn't be needed now and selecting a guy that people told Trump to select for the Supreme Court. So once stuff actually starts happening, his polling should improve.

And let's be fair, he is the Modern President... maybe too modern... could even be futuristic... because in the Future, tweeting will be viewed as "action", and in that world, Trump would be high atop all of us on a pedestal, receiving the glory and adoration he thinks he deserves.

But for now, we'll need to rely on Trumpcision® (36 ≈ 40 -> 60) to tell that Trump is actually adored by America.

This may be a subdivision of Bistro Math. There is nothing artificial about Trump's numbers. He really is doing that bad. Simply put, if he were doing better, his approval rating would be higher. If anything, the ratings maybe inflated because so many of his supporters are hanging on, in hope that he will actually accomplish something.

Trump's entire campaign was based on promises of the impossible. He put himself here. Except for the travel ban, which became an enthralling distraction, he has not acted on any of his other promises. His original platform was based on executive orders, which did not require Congressional action.

It's OK, none of his supporters care. And their heads would detonate if you tried to explain to them that 36% is 10% less than 40%.
Could kill them all by following that up with the fact 40% is 11.1% more that 36%.

*BAM!!!*

LOL

I had a very painful conversation with a shop assistant just after the 10% GST was introduced in Australia.

I had a 10% off voucher, and she said "Well, the price was $100 before GST, so that will be $100 please". I said, "No, that's $99". Then the fight started.

*BAM!!!*

LOL

I had a very painful conversation with a shop assistant just after the 10% GST was introduced in Australia.

I had a 10% off voucher, and she said "Well, the price was $100 before GST, so that will be $100 please". I said, "No, that's $99". Then the fight started.
It would depend if the tax goes on pre-voucher. You see one day Loren's wife...

LOL

It would depend if the tax goes on pre-voucher. You see one day Loren's wife...

Loren's wife and his experience traveling in police states notwithstanding, it's $99 whether you apply the discount before the tax, or the tax before the discount.

$100+10%=$110; $110-10%=$99
$100-10%=$90; $90+10%=$99

Back
Top Bottom