• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Christian American does dumb shit

This is what happens when you say that some religion itself and not circumstance leads to violence.

When you kill and torture a lot of innocent Muslims like the US did in Iraq this makes many Muslims very angry.

A tiny percentage of those angry people will commit acts of violence.

Religion can give the OK but it is not the cause.

The causes of unrest in the ME are political, not religious.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ed-a-mosque-with-bullets-and-his-life-changed

So here's a guy who shoots at a mosque in USA as revenge for the Paris attacks. That's like shooting a Swede as revenge for the US invasion of Iraq.
I tend to prefer to read about such, more than watch vids, so I found this article. Yeah, the idiot was drunk and acted out what so many alt-right/fundagelicals spew forth... I think the real story is the mosque leaders reaching out with forgiveness and got to meet with the guy. Then the guy got to speak at one of their events and get to know his neighboring place of worship.
https://thinkprogress.org/this-man-...-holes-now-theyre-forgiving-him-615f3d17e144/
At the end of the meeting, the leaders invited Hakey to deliver his apology to the mosque at a scheduled event on “True Islam,” part of a nationwide campaign launched by the Ahmadiyya Muslim community that seeks to combat both rising Islamophobia and rising extremism by forging interfaith dialogue. Haley accepted, and met with Mannan and 50 other mosque members this past Saturday to voice his formal apology, according to the Hartford Courant.
<snip>
Still, Mannan said the mosque would offer Hakey what support they could, guided by their faith and the their motto — “love for all and hatred for none.”

“The Quran says everybody deserves a second chance,” Mannan said. “This is a personification of the real values of Islam. This is what real Islam is doing. It’s forgiving. It seeks to build bridges. It seeks to transform foes into friends.”

This is what happens when you say that some religion itself and not circumstance leads to violence...

^^^ That

This is what happens when you say that some religion itself and not circumstance leads to violence...

^^^ That

Unrest leads to radicalization. Not any religion.

Bomb enough US cities and torture enough innocent US citizens and the crazies will take over quickly.

I tend to prefer to read about such, more than watch vids, so I found this article. Yeah, the idiot was drunk and acted out what so many alt-right/fundagelicals spew forth... I think the real story is the mosque leaders reaching out with forgiveness and got to meet with the guy. Then the guy got to speak at one of their events and get to know his neighboring place of worship.
https://thinkprogress.org/this-man-...-holes-now-theyre-forgiving-him-615f3d17e144/
At the end of the meeting, the leaders invited Hakey to deliver his apology to the mosque at a scheduled event on “True Islam,” part of a nationwide campaign launched by the Ahmadiyya Muslim community that seeks to combat both rising Islamophobia and rising extremism by forging interfaith dialogue. Haley accepted, and met with Mannan and 50 other mosque members this past Saturday to voice his formal apology, according to the Hartford Courant.
<snip>
Still, Mannan said the mosque would offer Hakey what support they could, guided by their faith and the their motto — “love for all and hatred for none.”

“The Quran says everybody deserves a second chance,” Mannan said. “This is a personification of the real values of Islam. This is what real Islam is doing. It’s forgiving. It seeks to build bridges. It seeks to transform foes into friends.”

That's in the video to. and I can corroborate the statement. I've read the Quran. It goes on and on about the importance of forgiveness and giving second chances.

Bomb enough US cities and torture enough innocent US citizens and the crazies will take over quickly.

If so much as one US city gets bombed, all Hell will break loose. I think most educated and awake people are aware of that?

I'm not saying this as a patriot, nationalist, xenophobe, isolationist, or any of those way-too-often tossed-around tags. I state it as a simple fact, regardless of where I live. Yeah, I happen to live in the states. I'm glad about where I live, but it's more a matter of gratitude. Do I feel superior? Fuck no. If you want the truth, and I'm pretty sure my posting record will bear me out on this, I feel quite inferior, in the grand scheme of things.

All that being said (which will most likely be ignored, as it's been ignored time and time again as I post on this site):

Who exactly are these "crazies" who will "take over quickly?"

Alright, he's certainly overboard in my book, but what power does he have now, as a professor?

Anyway, I get your point.

However, if a US city is bombed, even a sane person knows that retaliation would be utterly justified and absolutely necessary. It would be a discussion, at that point, about the measure of retaliation.

If so much as one US city gets bombed, all Hell will break loose. I think most educated and awake people are aware of that?

Yah - all fourteen of them (not counting myself of course).
Prezidint Rump is well down the road to making sure there are no educated and awake people paying attention. Can you say "deVos"?

I'm not saying this as a patriot, nationalist, xenophobe, isolationist, or any of those way-too-often tossed-around tags. I state it as a simple fact, regardless of where I live. Yeah, I happen to live in the states. I'm glad about where I live, but it's more a matter of gratitude. Do I feel superior? Fuck no. If you want the truth, and I'm pretty sure my posting record will bear me out on this, I feel quite inferior, in the grand scheme of things.

All that being said (which will most likely be ignored, as it's been ignored time and time again as I post on this site):

Religious nuts.

They are everywhere.

The US is a very fundamentalist nation. Filled with insane religious fundamentalists. People that know exactly what the gods in the heavens are thinking and want.

People that oppose things like the theory of evolution.

In time of war when all sanity is thrown out it is these types that can take over.

Religious nuts.

They are everywhere.

The US is a very fundamentalist nation. Filled with insane religious fundamentalists. People that know exactly what the gods in the heavens are thinking and want.

In time of war when all sanity is thrown out it is these types that can take over.

Sure they "can", in an extreme situation (which is highly unlikely). But no, they will not "take over". They do not have the power to "take over". Sure, absolutely, they will stir shit up. But the US is armed to the teeth, in ways the general populous doesn't even know about, and there are checks and balances that go beyond redundancy after redundancy, check after check after check, and then THAT gets checked.

How will "religious nuts" suddenly change the way things work? They can't. They won't.

No "types" will take over. That is hysteria.

Religious nuts.

They are everywhere.

Sure they "can", in an extreme situation (which is highly unlikely). But no, they will not "take over". They do not have the power to "take over". Sure, absolutely, they will stir shit up. But the US is armed to the teeth, in ways the general populous doesn't even know about, and there are checks and balances that go beyond redundancy after redundancy, check after check after check, and then THAT gets checked.

How will "religious nuts" suddenly change the way things work? They can't. They won't.

If what the US did to Iraq was done to the US; a foreign power invades and removes all existing power structures, disbands the military, disbands the police; the crazies will take over before you can say; "What's happening?"

Try to stick with the scenarios (what actually happened to some other nation at the hands of a greater terrorist power) conclusions are drawn from.

Very few nations, Spain excepted, are as arrogant and short sighted as was the US after the great tax cut of 2001 got blown out of our consciousness by 911. Now we have our own Saddam Hussein wannabe with no real control of power handles which is about the same as what we did to Saddam et co. Let's see what happens with that.

What exactly do we call religious extremest? Is it not an extreme position to believe (in the 21 century) in supreme beings, flying horses, animal arks, resurrections? If suspending logic and accepting faith is not an extreme position in thinking then it is little wonder people end up in Waco or Jonestown. It is the mindset of the religious that is extreme because it allows for any and all actions to seem reasonable according to faith and not the end results.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ed-a-mosque-with-bullets-and-his-life-changed

So here's a guy who shoots at a mosque in USA as revenge for the Paris attacks. That's like shooting a Swede as revenge for the US invasion of Iraq.

Conservative American Christians are just as bigoted as atheist conservatives.

Thus if one Muslim does something, all billion plus Muslims should be held accountable, but don't you dare apply the same generalizations to white people or conservatives or Christians or atheists. (Radical Muslims make similar generalizations about westerners, Jews, Christians, atheists, Americans, etc. That's why Wahabi extremists are willing to kill 3000 random civilians in New York over an American military base in Saudi Arabia.)

It's always the same.

Americans built a military base in Saudi Arabia, therefore any and all Americans should be held accountable.

Some Catholics were pedophiles, therefore we should treat all Catholics as peepholes.

Some Muslims practice child marriage, therefore all Muslims are pedophiles.

Some Muslims killed people in Paris, therefore you can kill any Muslims anywhere in the world for revenge, because all Muslims should be held accountable for what some Muslims do.

Some Jews shot up a refugee camp, therefore let's fire missiles at a civilian population in any Israeli city. Some Jews did a bad thing, therefore we can kill any Jews we want in revenge. They're all the same and can be treated as a monolithic whole.

Some Christians are creationists, therefore all Christians are anti-science extremists who think the world is flat.

For those of you who are not American, remember what a hasty generalization fallacy is. The plural of anecdote is not data.

If you are American, fuck you. The founding fathers spent enough time talking about collective punishment. You have no excuse for indulging this kind of bad logic.

Religious nuts.

They are everywhere.

In some ways, they already have taken over: need I remind you of Betsy DeVos? This is also the country which first gave Roy Moore a judgeship, then another after he'd been removed for violating the Constitution, and now he's a legitimate Senate candidate. :eek: His original, overdue removal from the bench should have been the end of his political career. I get what you're saying about checks, because he did get removed. But the fact that we still have to continue to actively oppose efforts to get ID taught in schools means that they've not given up efforts to take over. We must remain vigilant against such incursions on our secular state.

Back
Top Bottom