• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Creator and Idealism vs Computational Simulations

I don't think set theory has a fuzzy confidence like that
AI is still a massive construction of stuff built on digital binary processes.

This talks about the history of analog computers and analog computers used for AI in artificial neural networks (ANN).

3:30 about analog computers:
single purpose, non-repeatable, inexact but powerful, fast, energy efficient

17:30 - about the analog chip doing matrix multiplication (used in ANN)
17:40 - analog chip: 25 trillion math operations per second, 3 watts of power
17:55 - newer GPUs: 25-100 trillion math operations per second, $1000, 50-100 watts of power

19:20 talks about the "perceptron" (ANN) using an analog computer in 1958 (also 3:40)

So in a small way analog computers can be used with artificial intelligence (involving ANN)

Cardinal sets applied to how computers work, any books or articles or papers to reference
You do realize everything in a Turing machine is related to addressing, yeah? This is very basic stuff. Or perhaps "low level"?

Addresses, registers, states, these are all operations on sets. For example there is a set of four single bit truths (unity, zero, inversion, identity). From these binary truths a system may be arranged in a number of ways such that they express larger gates, eight of which are larger scale versions of the single bit truths applied by only one input, and eight of which make define meaningful interactions.

Do you not see how the graph model of a computer is built from set theoretical operations?

We can define "addition" in these terms, and addition with carry, but we can also define such operations on floating point numbers, or fractions or even complex numbers, it just becomes a little more complicated: linear rather than boolean algebras come into play.

All of this is the assembly of assumptions that materials behave in some fixed way.

I don't need to rely on QM properties of transistors either. I can make as much out of water valves or redstone torches or dwarven water pumps or gear assemblies...

Anything at all, so long as it behaves in such a fixed way can be so modeled.

There is in fact language and philosophy operated even by chimps, as basic as it may be. There is as much done by slime mold amoebae: to send a message, a chemical is released, as limiting as this vocabulary may be, generally to "everyone on me, let's make a slime-mold slug" or "orgy time". Some slime molds in the action of this accomplish exploring various philosophies for how to respond to this, through the process of "survival selection" of adaptation. It's not a very effective strategy, doesn't allow a wide complexity of action, nor does it make for a wide availability of adaptation.

With chimps, a scream and an aggressive act operate much of social interactions, though philosophy can be spread in simple terms. As it is, we already have seen various troops of chimps inducting new members into a differing culture that puts focus on less violence among their population.

Occasionally we even observe chimos engaging in group reprisals for those who do not honor their traditions, yet more primitive philosophy.

I think it's quite silly to think that our near ancestors have so little in common with us. As it is, I literally have cats, in my house right now, that know how to speak. As to philosophy, while I know they have them, it is impenetrable as to what they may be.

I think the (absent) level of charity you afford to the world around you will not serve you very well.
Gobbledygook.

Still do not see a link between cardinal sets and designing computers. Sets can be used to describe many things.

If by graph model you mean state diagrams, then yes.

Scroll down to the state diagram.

Modern processors and complex logic are designed with software languages like VHDL.

When one does not want to do the work to learn, one synthesizes philosophical mumbo jumbo. Almost like a theology.

You and I have no common ground for technical discussion, I will leave it here.

Back
Top Bottom