• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

a ha - Profile of the Norwegian Refugee

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
OSLO, NORWAY - Back in 1985, a band consisting of a trio of musicians made their first big break in America with a top single hit, "Take on Me". They would release a few more albums with decent success and separated after 1998 after having success as a band.

However, success in the music industry doesn't mean success in Norway. The band hit hard times, trying to get by on their royalties and touring earnings. But the massive taxation in Norway to deal with their failing pickled herring economy took away most of the money they had earned selling records. In merely two years, Morten Harket was reduced to having to sing six octaves ranges on street corners for money and Magne Furuholmen was selling plasma just to pay his rent.

Desperate to make ends meet again, the band collaborated on another set of albums, some critically reviewed as their best work, to acquire enough wealth to live for the next few years. Despite their second wave of success, the band still only managed a couple years after their "final tour" before needing to join up again to release a new album and a perform a live acoustic set for MTV.

With the never ending economic set backs, the band has decided they will be filing paperwork with the US Government to become American Citizens.

"It isn't easy," noted Morten Harket. "We love our beloved Norway, but it is just too hard to make a living. Even being successful pop/rock musician doesn't mean a stable enough income. This is why you don't see many bands from Norway."

You actually had me there, Jimmy.

I had to google Morten Harket and find this:

What is Morten Harket's net worth?
Morten has amassed quite a fortune since his rise to fame in the 80s.

He has an estimated fortune of £46million.

This is through royalties for his music, and also touring with his band.

What is Morten Harket up to now?
Morten is back with A-Ha and the guys are going to be heading out on the road again.

The boys are going on a Europe-wide tour in 2018.

They will only be stopping in the UK for one date.

to be sure this was a Jimion piece

Morten is back with A-Ha and the guys are going to be heading out on the road again.

Seems that the Horten Market is up!

Seems that the Horten Market is up!

Yes, despite the claims that his rock opera, 'Tommy', was the result of plagiarism.

As Doctor Seuss revealed, in his tell-all exposé, 'Horten Hears The Who'.

Back
Top Bottom