• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A message from the Department of the Obvious

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
One of the things that comes along with being a member of a forum that is open to anyone who wants to be here, is anyone can get in.

Although, we hope people come here for honest back and forth discussion, it doesn't always happen that way. Some people come here strictly for the purpose of being heard and not listening. Every forum has these people. Their real purpose is to draw attention to their home web pages and forums.

This is one of those cases where there is no "good fight." There is no debate or argument. No matter what logical and factual statements are made, the response is a variation on "Click the link and you will see you are mistaken."

All these people want is attention for their peculiar cause and keep their thread on the front page. There is no counter argument or rebuttal. The only effective action is inaction. When there is no response to their flat earth kind of philosophy, they move on.

This should be obvious.

I disagree with you. If you google some random junk I mention and then watch a six hour video that I say will be there, you'll be able to see why I'm right.

One of the things that comes along with being a member of a forum that is open to anyone who wants to be here, is anyone can get in.

Although, we hope people come here for honest back and forth discussion, it doesn't always happen that way. Some people come here strictly for the purpose of being heard and not listening. Every forum has these people. Their real purpose is to draw attention to their home web pages and forums.

This is one of those cases where there is no "good fight." There is no debate or argument. No matter what logical and factual statements are made, the response is a variation on "Click the link and you will see you are mistaken."

All these people want is attention for their peculiar cause and keep their thread on the front page. There is no counter argument or rebuttal. The only effective action is inaction. When there is no response to their flat earth kind of philosophy, they move on.

This should be obvious.
Sounds like a decent start to a preamble to the User Registration agreement and why we'll close a thread on someone.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with you. If you google some random junk I mention and then watch a six hour video that I say will be there, you'll be able to see why I'm right.
Newton's Fourth Law of Physics - An argument's value is inversely proportional to the number of YouTube links used to support it.

This should be obvious.

You have a cool thread title and just wanna be recognized for it. You ain't foolin' me!

This should be obvious.

You have a cool thread title and just wanna be recognized for it. You ain't foolin' me!

I have many faults, but modesty is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom