• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

(A)theism and neurosis (another1's derail from the "anxiety vs letting go" thread)

another1

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Christian
Well I like the thread and I've been to anxious with my cell, meaningless conversations about video games, not working because work is stupid, being steamrolled by the RX industry and eating to consider your point. In wagon wheel times people had REAL anxiety. Is someone going to shoot me and violate my body before and/or after death or will I catch a currently incurable disease today? Still they did what was necessary. I don't know if that anxiety fueled them or just cautioned them. Anxiety seems to be a drug now. Avoiding the cliché is impossible when I absolutely must make the point that the culprit is television. The media in general has a spooky office where everyone wears Ball masks. They meet every so often and line out their horrifying adverts and disgustingly violent shows to submit watchers into a trance-like state of constant anxiety. Get up, go bowel, eat, take a fluoride shower, slam caffeine, light cigarette, burn dead animals to go to a job that is ouroborically pointless, worry about the beastly buzzing things in our pockets that tether us to a false reality and go home to watch Special Victims unit. That seems to be what people do, to me. Returning to an archaic state of mind helped me significantly for years, but left me anarchically enraged when I had a moment of "clarity" when washing up in an Exxon restroom. Still I had much less anxiety than I do today, while keeping up with the Joneses' better cutlery set. Right now I use my hands to eat because I no longer care about much of anything except mental and spiritual rewards. When there is a family to raise that is impossible, so seeing the sucking of green beans straight from the can and ingesting minus the chewing would seem odd. It would make one think that I am sleeping on a bed without sheets while still in street clothes a sign of "giving up", and that I am compensating for the externally caused anxiety I have. I see it as waiting. My best guess is that God will ruin this conversation, so I will spare you 12 paragraphs here, but most things in the physical world I see as meaningless. Loving your family is of course number one on any sane person's list. Doing good deeds and all of the things that are made to sound stupid at this point in history I think are still important. I don't mean writing off taxes by throwing things away or 501c3 charity stuff. I mean literally good damn deeds.

I have to steal from a pseudoscientific friend by saying that we are all morphogenetically connected through psychic resonance, and that we are all the same entity experimenting on itself. I partly believe that, yet I would word it differently. If I am anxious and in a room with you long enough... you will be anxious. Add a hundred more people into the room and eventually we will be snickering at each other, bickering and even resorting to physical violence for no apparent reason. Rewind 150 years going back and back... people would be working together to stoke the fire and sing songs. Humanity has come too far technologically and I believe that technology is a key point in my rambling. When they come to shut off my water soon (because work is stupid) my cellphone may be at the bottom of the dry toilet beneath the mound of poo that is metaphorically the modern society I find myself drifting away from, as my anxiety drifts away just as fast.

Anxiety does help people get things done. Anxiety as an abstract word that I think you understand. Anxiety can also help you die. What a common word anxiety is in modern times.

I couldn't do God's work without blogging. Also the anti technopananist movement. Both are the same, really. That would make me unhappy. :(

This is the anarchism thread isn't it?

I couldn't do God's work without blogging. Also the anti technopananist movement. Both are the same, really. That would make me unhappy. :(

This is the anarchism thread isn't it?

No, this s a neurosis thread.

Onward Christian soldier marching as to war?

Neurosis goes without saying when dealing with the Godless. Onward sitting Atheists vehemently typing in the endless search for God, who controls your fingers ironically.
If I work, I generally expect pay. You work for the same boss... but boss man hides you in the basement.
God needs more attention... please respond quickly!

Neurosis goes without saying when dealing with the Godless. Onward sitting Atheists vehemently typing in the endless search for God, who controls your fingers ironically.
If I work, I generally expect pay. You work for the same boss... but boss man hides you in the basement.

Neurotics are contrasted with schizophrenics who have command delusions, an invisible spirit telling them what to do.

Is neurosis specific to atheists, or do they just have a different set of problems? On that note, why is religiosity even coming into this discussion?

God, who controls your fingers ironically.
how does he do it ironically? Does he make a special smirk with his mouth as he controls your fingers? Does he wear a t-shirt with an edgy cartoon on it?

You sound pretty adamant about this. But... is it possible that your God doesn't need our attention at all?

Is neurosis specific to atheists, or do they just have a different set of problems? On that note, why is religiosity even coming into this discussion?

Hyperbole aside, she is on a mission from god.

I invoked neurotic in response to her ratrher silly injection attacking atheists.

O the old forum I think preaching was prohibited in the lounge.

Good job. Onward!

The proper place for attacking atheists is the religion forum. Preaching on someone's personal thread is poor form. We've seen it all before..

Start your own thread declaring who you are and about, and pick a specific topic to attack regarding atheists.

So far you appear to be yet another theist lacking substance looking for a personal self aggrandizing pulpit.

You have a platform here, but we have heard it all before. The battle is in your head, not ours.

My best guess is that God will ruin this conversation, so I will spare you 12 paragraphs here, but most things in the physical world I see as meaningless.
And see, that would be the difference. That'swhy you insisting that we're all really theists doing God's work is just going to fall on deaf ears.

I've seen you describe your god as totally agreeing with you in all respects. And you've given god responsibility for your cats being dead and your partner leaving you and, now, for the collapse of the derail you're posting.

Being an atheist, i have to take responsibility for my own posting. If i fail to get my point across, it's on me. Or maybe my readers. But certainly not some whimsical superbeing ruining the post for some ultimate goal.
Things happen. Some are my fault. Some are to my credit. Some are because we live in a big, uncaring universe that does not prevent tragedy, nor does it ensure all tragedy ends up with a positive effect.

But i cannot ease my conscience or my fears by the thought of a magical script and everything running in the way the happy skybeast desires.

That's your security blanket.

Well I like the thread and I've been to anxious with my cell, meaningless conversations about video games, not working because work is stupid, being steamrolled by the RX industry and eating to consider your point. In wagon wheel times people had REAL anxiety. Is someone going to shoot me and violate my body before and/or after death or will I catch a currently incurable disease today? Still they did what was necessary. I don't know if that anxiety fueled them or just cautioned them. Anxiety seems to be a drug now. Avoiding the cliché is impossible when I absolutely must make the point that the culprit is television. The media in general has a spooky office where everyone wears Ball masks. They meet every so often and line out their horrifying adverts and disgustingly violent shows to submit watchers into a trance-like state of constant anxiety. Get up, go bowel, eat, take a fluoride shower, slam caffeine, light cigarette, burn dead animals to go to a job that is ouroborically pointless, worry about the beastly buzzing things in our pockets that tether us to a false reality and go home to watch Special Victims unit. That seems to be what people do, to me. Returning to an archaic state of mind helped me significantly for years, but left me anarchically enraged when I had a moment of "clarity" when washing up in an Exxon restroom. Still I had much less anxiety than I do today, while keeping up with the Joneses' better cutlery set. Right now I use my hands to eat because I no longer care about much of anything except mental and spiritual rewards. When there is a family to raise that is impossible, so seeing the sucking of green beans straight from the can and ingesting minus the chewing would seem odd. It would make one think that I am sleeping on a bed without sheets while still in street clothes a sign of "giving up", and that I am compensating for the externally caused anxiety I have. I see it as waiting. My best guess is that God will ruin this conversation, so I will spare you 12 paragraphs here, but most things in the physical world I see as meaningless. Loving your family is of course number one on any sane person's list. Doing good deeds and all of the things that are made to sound stupid at this point in history I think are still important. I don't mean writing off taxes by throwing things away or 501c3 charity stuff. I mean literally good damn deeds.

I have to steal from a pseudoscientific friend by saying that we are all morphogenetically connected through psychic resonance, and that we are all the same entity experimenting on itself. I partly believe that, yet I would word it differently. If I am anxious and in a room with you long enough... you will be anxious. Add a hundred more people into the room and eventually we will be snickering at each other, bickering and even resorting to physical violence for no apparent reason. Rewind 150 years going back and back... people would be working together to stoke the fire and sing songs. Humanity has come too far technologically and I believe that technology is a key point in my rambling. When they come to shut off my water soon (because work is stupid) my cellphone may be at the bottom of the dry toilet beneath the mound of poo that is metaphorically the modern society I find myself drifting away from, as my anxiety drifts away just as fast.

Anxiety does help people get things done. Anxiety as an abstract word that I think you understand. Anxiety can also help you die. What a common word anxiety is in modern times.
Are you related to this dude?
www.timecube.com

Back
Top Bottom