• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Trebek Dead at 80

GenesisNemesis

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanist, Scientific Skepticism, Strong Atheism
https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/alex-trebek-jeopardy-host-dead-dies-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer/

Alex Trebek -- the revered and beloved "Jeopardy!" host since 1984, whose calm but witty presence was must-see television for millions of Americans -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

A "Jeopardy!" spokesperson tells TMZ, "Jeopardy is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends."

The TV icon had been battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer since announcing the news back in March 2019. He immediately started chemo after the diagnosis but made no plans to retire and continued hosting his game show ... as impressively as ever.

If I believed in an afterlife, I'd say "He's moved on to another genre of existence".

If you don't get the joke, watch this: [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNK8R-YuEc[/YOUTUBE]

I think it's a weird coincidence that Sean Connery and Alex Trebek died so close to each other.

I had a strong drink in his honor. He always made me feel comfortable with not knowing shit when I watched the show. They better not replace him with Jay Leno I'd be livid.

Edit: He was the Bob Ross of game shows. I knew I couldn't paint a damn thing but he convinced me that all I needed was reminding.

I had a strong drink in his honor. He always made me feel comfortable with not knowing shit when I watched the show. They better not replace him with Jay Leno I'd be livid.

Edit: He was the Bob Ross of game shows. I knew I couldn't paint a damn thing but he convinced me that all I needed was reminding.

His replacement will likely be Ken Jennings, the all time greatest Jeopardy champion. He's been working behind the scenes and occassionally giving video clues to some categories for the past several months. He's the Vegas odds favorite (yes, of course they have betting lines on it).

Back
Top Bottom