• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Always" to ax female symbol from sanitary products packages in nod to trans users....GOD HELP US!

Half-Life

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptical
"Always announced it will remove the Venus symbol from its menstruation products packaging following calls by transgender advocates, who said its parent, Procter & Gamble, was alienating trans and gender-nonconforming customers by not acknowledging that they, too, can experience menstruation."

“Could someone from Always tell me why it is imperative to have the female symbol on their sanitary products?” Twitter user Melly Bloom, one of those advocates, tweeted over the summer. “There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...e-symbol-sanitary-products-packaging-n1069721

More insanity from leftists. A trans woman can not have a period because they are a man! Therefore, the product is for FEMALES, not MALES. Very simple. Saying, "Men can have periods!" is just downright anti-science. They are not men having periods, they are women having periods.

Just who the hell do these leftists SJW's think they are? These people are so offended and outraged at everything that they have to force a company to cater to less than 1% of the population. Why can't they just buy the product with a female logo on it without being offended? The product is the same, they didn't change it. Just go into the store and buy it. Why do they need changed labels before they can be comfortable buying something?

The snowflake generation has really gone to new heights. God help us all. Think about the anti-Christian agenda. A company will cater to trans people but Starbucks refuses to write "Merry Christmas!" on their cups because they don't want to cater to Christians. Even though the majority of people in this country are Christian, it's a big no-no to say "Merry Christmas!" Cater to trans, ignore Christians. Pretty sick agenda here.

No one cares but you. Really, with all the stuff going in this world, and the removal of a symbol from a product causes a meltdown from you? Hmmm, I wonder who the real snowflake is.

Someone asked a question.
A corpotation made a move to increase their customer base and improve their profile in the market.

Halfie is triggered, and gives them free advertising. How in the fuck is this business decision a 'leftist' issue?

Some forty years ago, i read a Playboy article where the reporter spent some time with transvestites.
At one point a feminine product fell out of one person's purse. They had a few different explanations, IIRC.
Some just felt more complete with the right accessories. Also, if another woman asked to borrow one, it was a lot easier to offer one than to explain that you never menstruated.
But, anyway, Halfie, there has been a male market for Always' products longer than you have been alive. Longer than Procter & Gamble have been making Always.
What POSSIBLE difference did it make to you before you knew, or now that you know?

"Always announced it will remove the Venus symbol from its menstruation products packaging following calls by transgender advocates, who said its parent, Procter & Gamble, was alienating trans and gender-nonconforming customers by not acknowledging that they, too, can experience menstruation."

“Could someone from Always tell me why it is imperative to have the female symbol on their sanitary products?” Twitter user Melly Bloom, one of those advocates, tweeted over the summer. “There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...e-symbol-sanitary-products-packaging-n1069721

More insanity from leftists. A trans woman can not have a period because they are a man! Therefore, the product is for FEMALES, not MALES. Very simple. Saying, "Men can have periods!" is just downright anti-science. They are not men having periods, they are women having periods.

Just who the hell do these leftists SJW's think they are? These people are so offended and outraged at everything that they have to force a company to cater to less than 1% of the population. Why can't they just buy the product with a female logo on it without being offended? The product is the same, they didn't change it. Just go into the store and buy it. Why do they need changed labels before they can be comfortable buying something?

The snowflake generation has really gone to new heights. God help us all. Think about the anti-Christian agenda. A company will cater to trans people but Starbucks refuses to write "Merry Christmas!" on their cups because they don't want to cater to Christians. Even though the majority of people in this country are Christian, it's a big no-no to say "Merry Christmas!" Cater to trans, ignore Christians. Pretty sick agenda here.

"God help us"?

Really?

"God help us"?

Are you even a real Christian? Do you even know what the 1st commandment is? Here is a refresher...

THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GOD BEFORE ME!

And here you are... upset... that some company is taking a PAGAN symbol off of their product.

Maybe you need a little bit of introspection to think about this topic a little bit. As a Christian, not as a conservative talking point regurgitator. Are you REALLY upset that pagan symbols are disappearing from popular consumer products? I mean that extra paragraph you added to the end of your OP should have tickled some sort of cognitive dissonance... but ... I guess that I STILL expect too much from you.

No one cares but you. Really, with all the stuff going in this world, and the removal of a symbol from a product causes a meltdown from you? Hmmm, I wonder who the real snowflake is.

This makes no sense. The people who care are the TRANS PEOPLE! They are the ones who are melting down by the female symbol on the packaging.

And I'm the problem? Get real!

A corpotation made a move to increase their customer base and improve their profile in the market.

Halfie is triggered, and gives them free advertising. How in the fuck is this business decision a 'leftist' issue?

How does this increase their customer base?

Are you saying trans people would not be able to buy a product just because it has a female symbol on it?

If a "trans man" wants to buy tampons, why do they need to erase the female symbol before they can buy it?

Are there any Trans people starting threads and yelling hysterical things like "GOD HELP US?"

This makes no sense. The people who care are the TRANS PEOPLE! They are the ones who are melting down by the female symbol on the packaging.
As Keith&Co. pointed out, Proctor and Gamble made a business decision to improve their image among their customer base. zorg points out that P&G is removing an image of a pagan god. My guess is you had no idea about this product or its packaging. Yet here you are, having a hissy fit about the packaging of a product.
You're the one with dumb OP.

As Keith&Co. pointed out, Proctor and Gamble made a business decision to improve their image among their customer base. zorg points out that P&G is removing an image of a pagan god. My guess is you had no idea about this product or its packaging. Yet here you are, having a hissy fit about the packaging of a product.

Just don't complain then when we mention all the stuff companies deliberately do to alienate Christians.

How does this increase their customer base?
right there in the next post.
Are you saying trans people would not be able to buy a product just because it has a female symbol on it?
nope. Made obvious in the next post.
If a "trans man" wants to buy tampons, why do they need to erase the female symbol before they can buy it?
they don't HAVE to. That's shy it comes under 'Marketing.'

"Buy from us because we don't choosevto exclude you."

This is, by the way, the EXACT SAME decision and marketing message from Starbucks.
If you have a holidsy at midwinter, whether it's Christmas, Solstice, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Mardi Gras, or New Years, we hope you enjoy it, and won't exclude you."

Just don't complain then when we mention all the stuff companies deliberately do to alienate Christians.

Oh, we will. Because you have gone in a singke bound from 'won't cater to Xians' to 'purposefully alienate Xians,' but the business did nothing different. You just took an impersonal business decision as a personal attack.

Funny, you were the one hoping a business could choose not to do business with Xians if thry wanted. But your peepee is in a wrangle because they won't streamline their marketing for you.

And i still must ask, what difference is it to you? Why does it matter?

Oh, we will. Because you have gone in a singke bound from 'won't cater to Xians' to 'purposefully alienate Xians,' but the business did nothing different. You just took an impersonal business decision as a personal attack.

Funny, you were the one hoping a business could choose not to do business with Xians if thry wanted. But your peepee is in a wrangle because they won't streamline their marketing for you.

You are right they don't have to put "Merry Christmas!" on the cups. They want to cater to the minority, just like with the gender-neutral tampons.

However, this is stupid. "Let's look like bigots against the majority group, and let's look like champions for the minority group!" It's dumb.

You are right they don't have to put "Merry Christmas!" on the cups. They want to cater to the minority, just like with the gender-neutral tampons.

However, this is stupid. "Let's look like bigots against the majority group, and let's look like champions for the minority group!" It's dumb.

Hate to break it to you champ, but the people who get their panties in a twist over "Happy Holidays" and men's shaving ads...they're not the majority. Believing multinational corporations knowingly, deliberately and willingly take steps to alienate parts of their consumer base is the sort of thing people who got their marketing degree either from PragerU or Trump University.

Also, I'm pretty certain the chances of you being placed in a scenario where you would have to purchase feminine hygiene products is pretty infinitesimal, so relax.

Oh, it's another brilliant "someone is triggered" argumenrt here at the forum. BRILLIANT!!!!! I thought Higgins had the patent on this but others share his remarkable keen intellect it seems.

I just wish I was the one who could come up with intellectual gems like this!

If you want to object to my post I just got one thing to say: "sorry my post triggered you triggered motherbitches!!1!!".

you are SUCH a snowflake. If they were catering to the minority, thry would put an atheist slogan out there. "The gospels place Jesus' birth in springtime," maybe.
And if P&G wanted to cater, they'd market a different line of products. Sometimes, or Recently. "with that extra crotch room, if you haven't fully transitioned, yet."
"Happy Holidays" is MORE INCLUSIVE than "Merry Xmas."
Only aspecial Xian sniwflake would take it as anti-Xian bigotry to be included in a group that's bigger than they are.
And dropping the planet Venus from a box is only an attack on 'the majority' in a specual snowflake snowglobe.

you are SUCH a snowflake. If they were catering to the minority, thry would put an atheist slogan out there. "The gospels place Jesus' birth in springtime," maybe.
And if P&G wanted to cater, they'd market a different line of products. Sometimes, or Recently. "with that extra crotch room, if you haven't fully transitioned, yet."
Only aspecial Xian sniwflake would take it as anti-Xian bigotry to be included in a group that's bigger than they are.
And dropping the planet Venus from a box is only an attack on 'the majority' in a specual snowflake snowglobe

Not really Keith. When we say, "All lives matter", which includes black lives, blacks say we are racist.

Spinning it around now in a 180 now, Keith?

And dropping the planet Venus from a box is only an attack on 'the majority' in a specual snowflake snowglobe

Not really Keith. When we say, "All lives matter", which includes black lives, blacks say we are racist.
no, just granmar-challenged.
no, you just flail when cornered and pretend that moving the goalpost is advancing the argument.

Nope. Using innocuous phrases to hide a racist agenda is a time honoured tradition. The premise of Black Lives Matter is to highlight and address the disproportionate amount of black people being killed by Law Enforcement Officers. The premise of All Live Matters is to trivialize this uncomfortable truth under the guise of an innocent catchphrase.

Oh, it's another brilliant "someone is triggered" argumenrt here at the forum. BRILLIANT!!!!! I thought Higgins had the patent on this but others share his remarkable keen intellect it seems.

I just wish I was the one who could come up with intellectual gems like this!

If you want to object to my post I just got one thing to say: "sorry my post triggered you triggered motherbitches!!1!!".
"Triggered" is a description of reaction, not an argument. Once you learn to distinguish the difference, you might save us these hissy fits.

Back
Top Bottom