• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

An optical "illusion" -- perceptual phenomenon: effing awesome!

Made me nauseous like when I get an ocular migraine. Might want to use caution if prone to epilepsy.

I found myself concentrating on any point on the outside edge of the moving diamond and it stops moving. I didn't read the entire article but the on/off time must be critical to induce the illusion of movement.

One should concentrate on what is changing. My guess is that if edge colors are changing in concert you'll experience one motion phenomena and if the are changing alternatively you will find another motion phenomena. It has to do with the brain not being prepared to resolve time of edge change with color more or less like inserting sound in silent space can generate a sense of sound continuity.

WE are good at processing time, image moving and sound moving, if they are normally occurring in an environment where we generally habit.

For me the image seemed to be moving upward even though it wasn't moving at all.

Back
Top Bottom