• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And she called me stupid

I would try to avoid problems by having $200 on hand which I display to the other party. I then consciously put the two hundred on the table with my hand atop the cash. I remind the other party of their obligation to me and suggest they use $100 of the two hundred under my hand to settle their debt to me. The other party can object but they don't yet have possession of the two hundred. I take back the two hundred. But I remain in the room giving the other party time to reconsider the situation. All they have to do is ask for accounts to be settled whereupon I'll give then $100 dollars and say accounts settled.

Nice try. But, you have only until Midnight to pay; otherwise, you have won to keep the upper hand—yet FAILED in another and important way. Recall, there was a time limit. If you’re a microsecond or more late to pay, you will not have done what it is you said you would.

Debtors are the most blind people I’ve ever met. You can’t just agree to one thing and later make a promise to do another thing and consider yourself a person of your word because you did what you said you would. You became a piece of shit the moment you made the latter promise and being a person of your word becomes irrecoverable the moment the clock strikes twelve.

Naw. As I see it a contract spoken is a thing of honor and not one entirely of law. One can be called a liar by either party. So provisions are made in handshake law to permit such as I set forth.

I don’t care about the legality of it; moreover, I’m not phased by its enforceability. If we meet upon the stump in the wilderness and without even so much as a handshake or spit to seal a deal, if you look me in the eyes and I utter the words that I shall be back with food in exchange for fixing my broken leg, no boulder, storm, nor nary a reason, let alone an excuse, will stop my every efforts to honor my commitment.

Back
Top Bottom