• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Answers in Genesis and fractals

I think that's how alleles or whatever can work. It also distinguishes between dominant and recessive genes or something like that.

The point is I think it is possible for...
What "you think" is uninformed nonsense. It looks a little bit like actual genetics, if you tlit it at exactly the right angle; But it's really not.

No matter how realistic your palm-frond control tower with its coconut shell headset for the controller, no cargo planes will ever land.

This stuff looks a little bit like what geneticists do, but it's never going to be actual genetics.

In attempts to get cargo to fall by parachute or land in planes or ships again, islanders imitated the same practices they had seen the military personnel use. Cult behaviors usually involved mimicking the day-to-day activities and dress styles of US soldiers, such as performing parade ground drills with wooden or salvaged rifles.[9]The islanders carved headphones from wood and wore them while sitting in fabricated control towers. They waved the landing signals while standing on the runways. They lit signal fires and torches to light up runways and lighthouses.[10][better source needed]

In a form of sympathetic magic, many built life-size replicas of airplanes out of straw and cut new military-style landing strips out of the jungle, hoping to attract more airplanes.[11] The cult members thought that the foreigners had some special connection to the deities and ancestors of the natives, who were the only beings powerful enough to produce such riches.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

I think that's how alleles or whatever can work. It also distinguishes between dominant and recessive genes or something like that.

What "you think" is uninformed nonsense. It looks a little bit like actual genetics, if you tilt it at exactly the right angle; But it's really not.
Note I updated my post significantly including a link to a "ask-a-geneticist"
The cards are meant to be an analogy to how it works showing how skin can be darker or lighter than either of the parents.

What "you think" is uninformed nonsense. It looks a little bit like actual genetics, if you tilt it at exactly the right angle; But it's really not.
Note I updated my post significantly including a link to a "ask-a-geneticist"
The cards are meant to be an analogy to how it works showing how skin can be darker or lighter than either of the parents.
I saw that before I replied.

It's still nonsense.

There's a tiny grain of truth in there, but it's pointless to chase after it; The Pacific Islanders aren't wrong to believe that control towers and runways were a necessary precursor to the arrival of cargo, but that doesn't mean that their sympathetic magic will create more.

There's a tiny grain of truth in there, but it's pointless to chase after it; The Pacific Islanders aren't wrong to believe that control towers and runways were a necessary precursor to the arrival of cargo, but that doesn't mean that their sympathetic magic will create more.
Thanks for your information about cargo cults. I had been under the impression that it had something to do with religious cults rather than imitating technology.

Thanks for your information about cargo cults. I had been under the impression that it had something to do with religious cults rather than imitating technology.
It was in fact a religious cult imitating technology.

I seem to have had problems related to the excluded middle lately.

I seem to have had problems related to the excluded middle lately.
Fallacies are like bad spots in an unclear trail. We can't see them all and our eyesight has its golden years. It never lasts forever and we never see them all. The wise of us walk the path with friends for just that reason, so that when we twist our legs our legs stepping in a hole, someone else can help us out.

Back
Top Bottom