• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Antifa may be in for a surprise

skepticalbip

Contributor
Searching for reality along the long and winding r
Basic Beliefs
Everything we know is wrong (to some degree)
An interesting development. It looks like people who are quite disturbed by the violence perpetrated by Antifa are beginning to seek legal redress.

http://www.abc2news.com/newsy/petition-calls-on-white-house-to-label-this-farleft-group-terrorists

Petition Calls On White House To Label This Far-Left Group Terrorists

More than 250,000 people have signed a petition calling on the White House to label "antifa" as a terrorist organization…..

The petition has gained more than 250,000 signatures in just a few days. It argues that terrorism is "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" and blames the group for violence against police officers….

Now that the petition has the required number of signatures, the White House has 60 days to respond.

This is a first amendment right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The empowering laws require that 100,000 signatures be acquired within 30 days - this petition has 250,000 signatures in just a couple days. The empowering laws require that the White House respond within 60 days.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Will it be pretty much just ignored or will there be a major change in how Antifa demonstrators are handled by law enforcement and federal prison terms given to those engaged in their violence rather than misdemeanor charges.

The Petition

Terrorism is defined as ‘the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims’. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

Is there really direct evidence that Antifa has influenced people to kill police officers?

I thought Antifa was descriptor of loosely knit but geographically separate groups of people instead of an actual organization. If my view is accurate, this is basically an attempt to intimidate free speech in the noble attempt to reduce violence.

Is there really direct evidence that Antifa has influenced people to kill police officers?
Yeah, that's a brazen claim. And relatively new one that I wasn't aware of. While they have committed isolated acts of vandalism, that is a far cry from murdering cops.

You know who hates cops? Lots of Trump supporters.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
It'll be interesting to see how Trump goes.

An adult would issue this to Homeland Security or the FBI for investigation. Is there an organization, does it really qualify, is the complaint just being pissy and finger pointing. Trump taking a hands-off approach, to make it a Law Enforcement response to the petition rather than making one more thing that's all about Trump.

I expect an Executive Order, though, which will be seen as Trump having a tantrum, lashing out at anyone who disagrees him. And the language will be vague and sweeping, encouraging the cops to respond to just about anything as terrorism, further polarizing, and further angering, and driving up recruitment on all sides...

Regardless of whether they are "terrorists", their "punch a Nazi" campaign seems to pretty clearly meet the current "progressive" standard for incitement of violence.

Well, with white supremacists murdering people in the streets, it's nice to know that the government is taking the situation seriously and going after the organizations which are against having white supremacists murder people in the streets.

And before any snowflakes start whining about it, yes, I am aware that the murderer was an isolated individual with a distorted interpretation of their philosophy and he does not represent the views of all white supremacists, many of whom are fine people. #NotAllRacists

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
It'll be interesting to see how Trump goes.

An adult would issue this to Homeland Security or the FBI for investigation. Is there an organization, does it really qualify, is the complaint just being pissy and finger pointing. Trump taking a hands-off approach, to make it a Law Enforcement response to the petition rather than making one more thing that's all about Trump.

I expect an Executive Order, though, which will be seen as Trump having a tantrum, lashing out at anyone who disagrees him. And the language will be vague and sweeping, encouraging the cops to respond to just about anything as terrorism, further polarizing, and further angering, and driving up recruitment on all sides...
More likely a Tweet that reads:
Likely Trump Tweet said:
America has petitioned to label Anita a terror grouper. DHS get on it. MAGA!

Well, with white supremacists murdering people in the streets, it's nice to know that the government is taking the situation seriously and going after the organizations which are against having white supremacists murder people in the streets.

And before any snowflakes start whining about it, yes, I am aware that the murderer was an isolated individual with a distorted interpretation of their philosophy and he does not represent the views of all white supremacists, many of whom are fine people. #NotAllRacists

And let's not forget that BernieBros have committed 100% of the actual recent shootings of congressmen. Let's get them on the list for sure.

And let's not forget that BernieBros have committed 100% of the actual recent shootings of congressmen. Let's get them on the list for sure.

He was an isolated individual with a distorted interpretation of Bernie's philosophy and does not represent the views of all petulant, pretentious, lazy, good-for-nothing dipshits.

#NotAllBernieBros

He was an isolated individual with a distorted interpretation of Bernie's philosophy and does not represent the views of all petulant, pretentious, lazy, good-for-nothing dipshits.

#NotAllBernieBros

Is there some sort of guide I could read that would tell me when a rogue nutjob can be said to represent a whole group and when a rogue nutjob is nothing more than a rogue nutjob?

#NotAllBernieBros

Is there some sort of guide I could read that would tell me when a rogue nutjob can be said to represent a whole group and when a rogue nutjob is nothing more than a rogue nutjob?

If he's a Muslim he represents the whole group.

If he's a Nazi, he only represents himself, but the rest of the group are still all Nazis, so painting them with a broad brush and associating them with a murderer isn't something that anyone outside of the Nazi party gives a particular shit about - we can all feel free to generalize since the only people harmed are Nazis. It's technically wrong to do, but ... meh.

If he's a left winger, he only represents himself and anyone even alluding to the group that he's in is a horrible person who wants to divide everyone racially - likely because they're a Nazi and that's the kind of thing that Nazis do.

And of course if he (or she) claims to be a libertarian, they're not, unless officially designated as such by Jason Harvestdancer.

If his membership in a group would require change, he's a nutjob.

"Require change" like when you go to McDonalds order a #5 combo and hand them a $20?

An interesting development. It looks like people who are quite disturbed by the violence perpetrated by Antifa are beginning to seek legal redress.

This is a first amendment right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The empowering laws require that 100,000 signatures be acquired within 30 days - this petition has 250,000 signatures in just a couple days. The empowering laws require that the White House respond within 60 days.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Will it be pretty much just ignored or will there be a major change in how Antifa demonstrators are handled by law enforcement and federal prison terms given to those engaged in their violence rather than misdemeanor charges.

The Petition

Terrorism is defined as ‘the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims’. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

Bring it on. Let's take depositions and then go to court.

Suppose this petition is granted. Why wouldn't current antifa demonstrators simply change their allegiance while behaving in the same fashion? After all, if you just punch a neo-nazi that does not automatically make you a member of antifa.

The Petition

So the Nazis and KKKers are not terrorists but antifa is. Do you also think that Obama is a terrorist but not al Queada? Just how consistent is your ideology?

Regardless of whether they are "terrorists", their "punch a Nazi" campaign seems to pretty clearly meet the current "progressive" standard for incitement of violence.

So are you in favor of pursuing terrorism charges against anyone who recommends punching Nazis, or only if they are found to be carrying a currently valid Antifa Membership Card?

...if you just punch a neo-nazi that does not automatically make you a member of antifa.

Are you SURE?

#NotAllBernieBros

Is there a difference between advocating for universal health insurance and advocating for the inherent rights of the white race?

Might one more readily lead to violence?

#NotAllBernieBros

If you share a common ideology, he is a rogue nutjob. If you have opposing ideologies (or anything else) he represents a group. I think that is how it works.

Back
Top Bottom