• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are the UK/US or other western democracy's any better than North Korea?

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
You won't find anything at all on main stream media but it appears Julian Assange is being physically mistreated in the UK right now. Honestly, I am wondering how soon it will be he goes the same route as Epstein:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ng-hmp-belmarsh-wikileaks-trial-a8936136.html

IMO, Assange should be viewed as nothing more than a real whistleblower simply telling the truth as awful as that may be. So how do you get into such trouble just telling the truth? It does not take much I guess if the truth is something that certain people do not want told.

But regardless of how you may feel about Assange and what he has done, should he be treated like a North Korean prisoner? I think not.

You won't find anything at all on main stream media but it appears Julian Assange is being physically mistreated in the UK right now. Honestly, I am wondering how soon it will be he goes the same route as Epstein:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ng-hmp-belmarsh-wikileaks-trial-a8936136.html

IMO, Assange should be viewed as nothing more than a real whistleblower simply telling the truth as awful as that may be. So how do you get into such trouble just telling the truth? It does not take much I guess if the truth is something that certain people do not want told.

But regardless of how you may feel about Assange and what he has done, should he be treated like a North Korean prisoner? I think not.
How is medically treating a prisoner somehow on par with how North Korean treats their prisoners? Or is your complaint that people who violate bail conditions in North Korea are not imprisoned?

According to the article, Wikileaks noted:

article said:
He had “already significantly deteriorated after seven years” inside the embassy, it added in a statement posted to Twitter.
So the Embassy mistreated him too?

Assange is a puppet who is little interested in truth, otherwise, the documents he'd leak wouldn't be quite as 'selective' in the targets. Snowden is a hero / patriot. Assange isn't.

You won't find anything about him being physically mistreated in the article you linked, either. It only indicates that he has been transferred to a medical wing due to physical deterioration and weight loss. There is absolutely no indication that he is being mistreated.

Also, to answer the question in the title of the post: "Yes".

Assange sought political asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in 2012 to avoid sex offences charges in Sweden.

To. me, he appears to be a chicken shit that chose to hide out in the Ecuadorian embassy instead of going back to Sweden to be tried for sexual assault. No Western country is perfect, and the US often treats its prisoners in inhumane ways, but I wouldn't compare what goes on in Western countries to what goes on in North Korea. I have no idea where you are coming from based on. your link. It just says that the man's health is deteriorating and he's been transferred so he can receive medical care.

Now if you'd like to start a thread about the injustices in the American prison and justice system, I'm listening.

I agree that Snowden is a hero and Assange is not. Assange's reveals were very selective in nature. But I do appreciate truth being told to the people, even if it is selected truths. I can't see Assange as a villain for it.

I agree that Snowden is a hero and Assange is not. Assange's reveals were very selective in nature. But I do appreciate truth being told to the people, even if it is selected truths. I can't see Assange as a villain for it.
But if he's only telling SOME true, he's omitting other truths.
If i tell the people about all the evil committed by the Elves, but not a word about any evil done by the Dwarves, am i telling Hobbits the truth or lies?

That depends on who you are and what role you are serving and how you present yourself.
So when Assange puts out Russian emails stolen from Democrats and spills them at particularly important moments in the election process that only benefited Trump (like when a dump came immediately after the 'grab them by the pussy' thing), what does that tell us about the motives of Assange?

Everyone blooms in prison; so it's obviously malfeasance by either the Deep State, the Democrats, or both.

It always strikes me funny when people speak so loudly against the release of truths like these but avoid actually addressing the truths themselves. Same happened with Snowden. That truth is getting to the people is presented as the bigger problem, obscuring the truth itself that has been revealed.

It always strikes me funny when people speak so loudly against the release of truths like these but avoid actually addressing the truths themselves. Same happened with Snowden. That truth is getting to the people is presented as the bigger problem, obscuring the truth itself that has been revealed.
So it looks like you are walking back your comment about things depending "on who you are and what role you are serving and how you present yourself."

Snowden released information because he discovered a grossly unconstitutional surveillance program. Assange released information to embarrass the US (Iraq War) and influence an American election (2016). Assange's goal is to propel the agenda of another nation.

So it looks like you are walking back your comment about things depending "on who you are and what role you are serving and how you present yourself."

Snowden released information because he discovered a grossly unconstitutional surveillance program. Assange released information to embarrass the US (Iraq War) and influence an American election (2016). Assange's goal is to propel the agenda of another nation.

Shouldn't the agenda of being embarrassed about the Iraq war and ashamed at the lack of transparency in our democratic process be our agenda too, or is it off-limits because Russia likes it?

Don't the American people deserve to know the truth about the Iraq war? So what if it embarasses the administration?

Apparently you ought not have good things if Russia wants you to have them. Being anti-russia is more important than being for yourselves.

Shouldn't the agenda of being embarrassed about the Iraq war and ashamed at the lack of transparency in our democratic process be our agenda too, or is it off-limits because Russia likes it?
Jolly Penguin said the agenda of the leaker mattered. If they want to walk it back, by all means. But it was their statement which they are walking away from that I'm talking about.

Who said the agenda matters? Maybe I missed that. I said his role and how he presents himself matters. Is he a government official responsible and accountable to the people? Does he present himself as leaking a complete and balanced picture? Or is he just a leaker trying to get a particular truth out? Snowden and Assange were both the latter as far as I am aware. That you so quickly attribute partisan motives to Assange makes me think he is very much the latter.

Assange sought political asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in 2012 to avoid sex offences charges in Sweden.

To. me, he appears to be a chicken shit that chose to hide out in the Ecuadorian embassy instead of going back to Sweden to be tried for sexual assault. No Western country is perfect, and the US often treats its prisoners in inhumane ways, but I wouldn't compare what goes on in Western countries to what goes on in North Korea. I have no idea where you are coming from based on. your link. It just says that the man's health is deteriorating and he's been transferred so he can receive medical care.

The sex stuff was all found out to be bull shit. And everyone knew that at the time including the women. It was simply the method used in order to entrap Assange who was smart enough to know better.

The fact that the sex charges have been since dismissed without a trial supports this as well.

You won't find anything about him being physically mistreated in the article you linked, either. It only indicates that he has been transferred to a medical wing due to physical deterioration and weight loss. There is absolutely no indication that he is being mistreated.

Also, to answer the question in the title of the post: "Yes".
The article I posted is a main steam article.

I could have posted other articles that show him in a near death state. But had I posted from those other sources you would be attacking the credibility of those sources. And then placing your hands on your ears and shouting "la, la, la la, I dont hear anything" .

So I posted a main stream article. And it should be telling what they even can admit.

No truer words ever spoken.

Back
Top Bottom