• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are the UK/US or other western democracy's any better than North Korea?

Who said the agenda matters? Maybe I missed that. I said his role and how he presents himself matters. Is he a government official responsible and accountable to the people? Does he present himself as leaking a complete and balanced picture? Or is he just a leaker trying to get a particular truth out? Snowden and Assange were both the latter as far as I am aware. That you so quickly attribute partisan motives to Assange makes me think he is very much the latter.
Except I was raising this issue during the George W. Bush Administration.

You won't find anything at all on main stream media but it appears Julian Assange is being physically mistreated in the UK right now. Honestly, I am wondering how soon it will be he goes the same route as Epstein:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ng-hmp-belmarsh-wikileaks-trial-a8936136.html

You won't find anything about him being physically mistreated in the article you linked, either. It only indicates that he has been transferred to a medical wing due to physical deterioration and weight loss. There is absolutely no indication that he is being mistreated.

Also, to answer the question in the title of the post: "Yes".
The article I posted is a main steam article.

I could have posted other articles that show him in a near death state. But had I posted from those other sources you would be attacking the credibility of those sources. And then placing your hands on your ears and shouting "la, la, la la, I dont hear anything" .

So I posted a main stream article. And it should be telling what they even can admit.
There is no evidence in anything you have posted that Mr. Assange is being mistreated. None. Nor is there anything in your OP or posts that provide any reason why any rational person would compare Mr. Assange being medically treated in prison with how people are treated in North Korea.

The lack of a cogent and coherent train of thought in the OP and responses make your position appear to be driven by delusion rather than reality.

You won't find anything at all on main stream media but it appears Julian Assange is being physically mistreated in the UK right now. Honestly, I am wondering how soon it will be he goes the same route as Epstein:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ng-hmp-belmarsh-wikileaks-trial-a8936136.html

You won't find anything about him being physically mistreated in the article you linked, either. It only indicates that he has been transferred to a medical wing due to physical deterioration and weight loss. There is absolutely no indication that he is being mistreated.

I could have posted other articles that show him in a near death state. But had I posted from those other sources you would be attacking the credibility of those sources. And then placing your hands on your ears and shouting "la, la, la la, I dont hear anything" .

So I posted a main stream article. And it should be telling what they even can admit.
:thinking:

Assange sought political asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in 2012 to avoid sex offences charges in Sweden.

To. me, he appears to be a chicken shit that chose to hide out in the Ecuadorian embassy instead of going back to Sweden to be tried for sexual assault. No Western country is perfect, and the US often treats its prisoners in inhumane ways, but I wouldn't compare what goes on in Western countries to what goes on in North Korea. I have no idea where you are coming from based on. your link. It just says that the man's health is deteriorating and he's been transferred so he can receive medical care.

The sex stuff was all found out to be bull shit. And everyone knew that at the time including the women. It was simply the method used in order to entrap Assange who was smart enough to know better.

The fact that the sex charges have been since dismissed without a trial supports this as well.
No, it does not. Some of the charges were dropped due to the statute of limitations on them.

Who said the agenda matters? Maybe I missed that. I said his role and how he presents himself matters. Is he a government official responsible and accountable to the people? Does he present himself as leaking a complete and balanced picture? Or is he just a leaker trying to get a particular truth out? Snowden and Assange were both the latter as far as I am aware. That you so quickly attribute partisan motives to Assange makes me think he is very much the latter.
Given the timing of the Democrat documents release, it is easy to conclude Assange was interested in more than a "complete and balanced picture".

Given the timing of the Democrat documents release, it is easy to conclude Assange was interested in more than a "complete and balanced picture".

Exactly. So there's little to complain about regarding him revealing what he did. If the administration wanted to come clean with the whole truth to the American people they could. He exposed them for not doing so and revealed some of the truths they were hiding. I call that a good thing.

To then make the narrative about him instead of about what the government is hiding from you is a disservice to the American people.

Exactly. So there's little to complain about regarding him revealing what he did.
He didn't release the Hollywood Access tape, nor Trump's taxes. So the "balance" comment is a bit BS on your part as his release clearly had a partisan agenda.
If the administration wanted to come clean with the whole truth to the American people they could.
Obama =/ DNC

Exactly. So there's little to complain about regarding him revealing what he did. If the administration wanted to come clean with the whole truth to the American people they could. He exposed them for not doing so and revealed some of the truths they were hiding. I call that a good thing.

To then make the narrative about him instead of about what the government is hiding from you is a disservice to the American people.
Assange's release of Democratic emails about the 2016 election had nothing whatsoever to do with the gov't administration or the Iraqi war. His timing of the release of those documents does raise questions about his motives.

Assange is a puppet who is little interested in truth, otherwise, the documents he'd leak wouldn't be quite as 'selective' in the targets. Snowden is a hero / patriot. Assange isn't.

Seconded. Snowden leaked the minimum he needed to to make his point.

Assange is simply out to hurt the west. Personally, I suspect Wikileaks was subverted by the Russians (or possibly the Chinese) long ago. It would have been a major intel coup for either of them, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have made the attempt and when you pit amateurs against pros what do you expect the outcome to be?

Assange sought political asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy in 2012 to avoid sex offences charges in Sweden.

To. me, he appears to be a chicken shit that chose to hide out in the Ecuadorian embassy instead of going back to Sweden to be tried for sexual assault. No Western country is perfect, and the US often treats its prisoners in inhumane ways, but I wouldn't compare what goes on in Western countries to what goes on in North Korea. I have no idea where you are coming from based on. your link. It just says that the man's health is deteriorating and he's been transferred so he can receive medical care.

The sex stuff was all found out to be bull shit. And everyone knew that at the time including the women. It was simply the method used in order to entrap Assange who was smart enough to know better.

The fact that the sex charges have been since dismissed without a trial supports this as well.

The sex stuff isn't bullshit, that's just a translation problem.

The actual alleged act was stealthing and I've seen nothing to say that's bullshit. The western press reported it as "rape" but that's because of how Swedish law is written--we have several shades of sex crimes short of rape, they call a much wider range of acts "rape" and have degrees to it. She didn't consent to sex without a condom, Swedish law treats that (his performing sex in a fashion he knew she didn't consent to) as a form of rape. No male bovine excrement involved.

No, it does not. Some of the charges were dropped due to the statute of limitations on them.

Which is stupid in my book.

The reason behind the statute of limitations is sound. However, I don't see that it should apply in a case like this where he was aware of the allegations and capable of mounting a defense. The US handles this in a much more sensible fashion--the clock applies to filing charges, not to trial.

He didn't release the Hollywood Access tape, nor Trump's taxes. So the "balance" comment is a bit BS on your part as his release clearly had a partisan agenda.
If the administration wanted to come clean with the whole truth to the American people they could.
Obama =/ DNC

Re-read what j actually wrote. I didn't say it was balanced. I said he didn't have any obligation for it to be balanced. He can be as partisan as he wants. If it's still true what he gets out, then that's a service. It's on the administration or DNC or whoever if they want to come clean and reveal the whole truth. That's not his role, assigned or claimed.

Assange's release of Democratic emails about the 2016 election had nothing whatsoever to do with the gov't administration or the Iraqi war. His timing of the release of those documents does raise questions about his motives.

His motives are irrelevant. If it's true then that should probably be a story, and one far more important and interesting than how that truth got out. Same with Snowden, who did make more of an effort to be unbiased on what he leaked.

His motives are irrelevant.
No, they are not. We do not know if everything he leaked is true or if it left out exculpatory information.

It is very well known that what Assange was avoiding wasn't facing rape charges in Sweden, he was avoiding being extradited from Sweden to the US.

His treatment in the UK jail is a small sample of what he was worried about. Yes, I am sure he is getting medical "treatment".

Don't the American people deserve to know the truth about the Iraq war? So what if it embarasses the administration?

Because they only blamed the dems! Assange was bought and paid for by the republicans. Then they abandoned him. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

Don't the American people deserve to know the truth about the Iraq war? So what if it embarasses the administration?

Because they only blamed the dems! Assange was bought and paid for by the republicans. Then they abandoned him. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

Are you being sarcastic?

There is no evidence in anything you have posted that Mr. Assange is being mistreated. None. Nor is there anything in your OP or posts that provide any reason why any rational person would compare Mr. Assange being medically treated in prison with how people are treated in North Korea.

The lack of a cogent and coherent train of thought in the OP and responses make your position appear to be driven by delusion rather than reality.

I hope you are right laughing dog. I really do.

I will say this though. If Assange does show up later committing a so called (Epstien style) suicide, we may look back again to this post and evaluate who is in the state of delusion.

Your statements seem a bit conflicted, are there main stream articles, or not?

Regardless, it doesn't matter what condition Assange is shown to be in, what matters in this context is how he came to be in that condition. If it can be demonstrated that there is reason to believe that Assange is in that condition because of mistreatment while in a US or UK prison, then it would be a good idea to go ahead and demonstrate it. Of course, if your sources are unreliable in that regard, then I am sure you will be brought to task for it, but why don't you give it your best shot, anyway?

His motives are irrelevant.
No, they are not. We do not know if everything he leaked is true or if it left out exculpatory information.

The holders of that information (be it the DNC or the government) can release the entirely of everything. Nothing is stopping them from doing so but themselves. If he got this much out, good for him. He's under attack for getting out what he did. Do you also want him under attack for NOT getting out what he didn't? And again, what he got out should probably be looked into. If its disproved then he's engaged in propaganda. If its verified, then he's let out the truth, and people should be asking why it was hidden from the public in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom