• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Australian Politics derail from US President 2016

angelo

Deleted
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Or perhaps the cleaning lady!

If you mean cleaning up the corruption, waste and mismanagement which plagues the Washington political process, then yes, she is the lady you want.

Clinton 2016. It's Your Time.
I'm not sure about that. We over here had a female pm for three years. Her government lurched from one crisis to the next. Spending money we didn't have was her specialty. Many say her government was the worst this country ever had!

If you mean cleaning up the corruption, waste and mismanagement which plagues the Washington political process, then yes, she is the lady you want.

Clinton 2016. It's Your Time.
I'm not sure about that. We over here had a female pm for three years. Her government lurched from one crisis to the next. Spending money we didn't have was her specialty. Many say her government was the worst this country ever had!

1) 'Many' is not the same as 'Tony Abbott and his supporters'; Abbott originated this claim, and it has been clear for at least two years that believing what Abbott says on any topic at all is likely to be disastrous.
2) Whatever problems the Gillard government had do not appear to have been caused by (or even related to) her gender; Do you have any reason to think that they were?
3) The Gillard government was the only minority Australian federal government since WWII. Do you imagine that a male PM - from either party - could have avoided 'lurching from one crisis to the next' without a lower house majority?
4) There is no doubt that the current PM is amongst the worst this country has had, by many measures. As he is still in office, it may be too early to judge; but he will have to have a spectacular recovery from his current position to avoid challenging Billy McMahon for the title of 'worst ever'. Gillard doesn't even make it into the top three 'worst', based on polling results, or on commentary by political experts. (McMahon, Holt and Gorton topped the 'worst' list according to a 2004 survey of experts by The Age; The three worst by 'highest Neilsen approval ranking achieved' (since 1972) were McMahon, Keating and Abbott).

You have to accept that something is badly wrong for a right-wing PM like Abbott, when an overseas, right-wing think tank, such as the Council on Foreign Relations has this to say:

Tony Abbott, however, is in charge of a regional power, a country that is the twelfth largest economy in the world and the only rich world nation to have survived the 2008-9 financial crisis unscathed. Yet in less than two years as prime minister, Abbott has proven shockingly incompetent, which is why other leaders within his ruling coalition, following a set of defeats in state elections, may now scheme to unseat him. They should: Abbott has proven so incapable of clear policy thinking, so unwilling to consult with even his own ministers and advisers, and so poor at communicating that he has to go.

Abbott’s policies have been all over the map, and the lack of coherence has often made the prime minister seem ill-informed and incapable of understanding complex policy issues. In press conferences, Abbott has offered mixed public messages about some of the health care reforms that were at the center of his agenda, and sometimes has seemed unsure himself of what health legislation has actually been passed on his watch. He also has seemed unsure of what he promised in the past regarding Australia’s major public broadcaster – he promised not to touch it – before he went ahead and made cuts to it. He also looked completely baffled on climate change issues at the G20 summit in Australia last year.

Abbott also does not seem to think it necessary to even discuss policy proposals with his top ministers and other leading members of his conservative coalition. His lack of consultation has made it harder for him to pass some critical legislation. In addition, he appears to have one of the worst senses of public relations of any prime minister in recent Australian history. At major economic summits, he has embarrassed Australia with his coarse rhetoric. He recently decided to give an Australian knighthood to Prince Philip, husband of British Queen Elizabeth II, even though nearly half of Australians would prefer the country to be a republic, and even those who support the monarchy disdain actions that look like Canberra sucking up to the British royals. Australia had not given out its own knighthoods for nearly decades, and even to many monarchists the very idea of Australian knighthoods seemed archaic. And if Abbott was going to give out archaic knighthoods, Prince Philip was a bizarre choice. Even among the conservative supporters of Abbot’s coalition, giving a knighthood to the notoriously gaffe-prone and fusty Prince Philip went down badly. Abbott did not appear to have consulted with most of his top ministers before deciding to give Prince Philip the accolade.

I challenge you to find an overseas commentary (from either side of politics) on Gillard that comes anywhere close to being as scathing as this.

Her gender had a lot to do with it seeing how she played the gender card for all it was worth! The mistake Abbott made was falling for it hook line and sinker.

I'm not an Abbott fan. In fact far from it, and I still think Malcolm Turnbull should be leader of the Liberal Party. In fact there's a danger that this government will be a one term gov unless they change leaders. But then again, Shorten is even more on the nose than Abbott. So it may even itself out. Yes I agree the government has made many mistakes in the first few months in power. But then again, look at the mistakes Rudd made in his first few months in office!

Her gender had a lot to do with it seeing how she played the gender card for all it was worth! The mistake Abbott made was falling for it hook line and sinker.

I'm not an Abbott fan. In fact far from it, and I still think Malcolm Turnbull should be leader of the Liberal Party. In fact there's a danger that this government will be a one term gov unless they change leaders. But then again, Shorten is even more on the nose than Abbott. So it may even itself out. Yes I agree the government has made many mistakes in the first few months in power. But then again, look at the mistakes Rudd made in his first few months in office!
'The' mistake? Tony Abbott is one big bundle of mistakes, wrapped up in error, and served in a cockup sauce with a side of incompetence. :rolleyes:

After his first few months in office, Rudd had a Neilsen approval rating that was the highest ever recorded for an Australian Prime Minister.

And Gillard's performance as PM had (if you will excuse my French) Sweet Fuck Tout to do with her gender.

I'm not sure about that. We over here had a female pm for three years.
Let's see this in syllogistic form.

Angelo thinks Julia Gillard was a poor national leader,
Julia Gillard is a woman,
therefore,
Angelo thinks all women are poor national leaders

I call it the Dinosaur Fallacy; a special case of the Illicit Minor.

Her government lurched from one crisis to the next.

Let's see:

- two leadership crises, over a year apart from each other
- Labor's unsustainable boat people policy

and...what else? You must have a low threshold for calling something a crisis, a threshold which has since mysteriously been raised sky high since the incumbent morons came into power.

Spending money we didn't have was her specialty.

She also does a killer lasagne.

The International Monetary fund has declared the Howard government to be more profligate than any of the Whitlam, Rudd or Gillard governments.

Let me spell that out for you: Howard wasted more money than Gillard. But of course you never would have realised that by consuming conservative news media. The Australian, for instance, published multiple article attempting to discredit the IMF and maintain the lie that the Coalition can run an economy.

As the incumbents are demonstrating, the Coalition hasn't the faintest idea how to run an economy. They shut down emerging markets, they kill off existing markets, they damage relations with the nation's trading partners, and they have their snouts in the fucking trough.

And they are spending money we don't have faster, and more recklessly, than Rudd/Gillard.

Many say her government was the worst this country ever had!

These are probably the morons who think Wind Turbine Syndrome should be taken seriously.

But then again, look at the mistakes Rudd made in his first few months in office!

*Looks at the mistakes Kevin Rudd made in his first few months of office*

Yes, I agree: Abbott has made many, many more mistakes and has been far worse for this country.

'The' mistake? Tony Abbott is one big bundle of mistakes, wrapped up in error, and served in a cockup sauce with a side of incompetence. :rolleyes:

After his first few months in office, Rudd had a Neilsen approval rating that was the highest ever recorded for an Australian Prime Minister.

And Gillard's performance as PM had (if you will excuse my French) Sweet Fuck Tout to do with her gender.
No her gender had fuck all to do with her incompatibly, but she sure as hell played that card didn't she? She turned every criticism of her incompetent government as an attack upon herself because she was a woman.

No her gender had fuck all to do with her incompatibly, but she sure as hell played that card didn't she? She turned every criticism of her incompetent government as an attack upon herself because she was a woman.

Horseshit. She was attacked by Abbott and his ilk because she was a woman - an attack vector you are repeating right now.

If you were attacked, not for your ideas, but for your gender, then defending yourself by pointing out the bigotry inherent in the attack is not 'playing' a card.

r738936_6026149.jpg

"Ditch the Witch" and "JuLIAR, Bob Browns Bitch", are not exactly scathing critiques of policy, are they?

:rolleyes:

Horseshit. She was attacked by Abbott and his ilk because she was a woman - an attack vector you are repeating right now.

If you were attacked, not for your ideas, but for your gender, then defending yourself by pointing out the bigotry inherent in the attack is not 'playing' a card.

r738936_6026149.jpg

"Ditch the Witch" and "JuLIAR, Bob Browns Bitch", are not exactly scathing critiques of policy, are they?

Yes they were! Who brought in the carbon tax?

r738936_6026149.jpg

Sorry, are you seeking to suggest that 'witch' and 'bitch' are references to 'Carbon Tax'?

Sorry, are you seeking to suggest that 'witch' and 'bitch' are references to 'Carbon Tax'?
That protest was about Gizzards carbon tax she brought in after promising " no government I lead will bring in a carbon tax. ". Which of course her and the Looney Greens brought in almost immediately she was re elected by the skin of her lying teeth with the help of two dissatisfied independents who couldn't stand Abbott. Again, had Turnbull been the leader the, Labor would have been out on their arses.

That protest was about Gizzards carbon tax she brought in after promising " no government I lead will bring in a carbon tax. ". Which of course her and the Looney Greens brought in almost immediately she was re elected by the skin of her lying teeth with the help of two dissatisfied independents who couldn't stand Abbott. Again, had Turnbull been the leader the, Labor would have been out on their arses.

Then why don't the signs say "no carbon tax" instead of calling her a "witch" and a "bitch" ?

Then why don't the signs say "no carbon tax" instead of calling her a "witch" and a "bitch" ?
I think there were out of sight of the cameras. She [Gizzard] had lost the main body of Australian people by then, by the way she knifed Rudd in the back.

I think there were out of sight of the cameras. She [Gizzard] had lost the main body of Australian people by then, by the way she knifed Rudd in the back.

So are you ready to admit that the only signs we do see in the photo have nothing to do with policy and are an attack on her as a woman?

I am so sick of all Commonwealth Australian politicians at the moment, regardless of gender, party, colour, religion etc. There are currently 150 of the wallies. We should have the GG prorogue parliament, declare all seats vacant, tell the current inhabitants that are are ineligible to stand again in any seat and have an election. I do not believe that 150 brand new members could be any worse than the clowns we currently suffer.

I couldn't agree more!! And furthermore, cut all their perks ASAP. They all have their snouts in the trough!

Someone call the rescue helicopter! Bishop just fell on her sword !!

So now we need a new speaker; someone more trustworthy than Bronwyn Bishop, who has relevant experience.

I wonder if Tony has Peter Slipper's phone number?

So now we need a new speaker; someone more trustworthy than Bronwyn Bishop, who has relevant experience.

I think Christopher Pyne secretly wants the speaker job.

I think Christopher Pyne secretly wants the speaker job.

Oh fuck no. No. Fuck. No.

Fuck. Off.

Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom