• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Australians are the richest people in the world.

"....in the US, for example, the top 0.1 per cent of US households hold as much wealth as the bottom 90 per cent..." :eek:

191k, eh? That's almost enough for a deposit for a 1 bedroom apartment in Sydney ;)

Not true. Petrol's back to $1.55/L. Jokes aside, not sure about the number crunching here. Last time I checked, overall Australia is swimming in credit debt.

Not true. Petrol's back to $1.55/L. Jokes aside, not sure about the number crunching here. Last time I checked, overall Australia is swimming in credit debt.

Queenslanders cut their wrists if it's more than $1.45.

Jokes aside, I understand the figures are for net wealth - debts of all kinds are included in the calculation. (Which is why the figures are so low compared to Sydney property prices).

I have just emptied my pockets and opened my wallet.

I would love to see a 'grey nurse' ($50) or any paper money for that matter.
I need to find who has my share ask for it nicely.

Is a calm sense of self-satisfaction worth anything?
And Turnbull is gone. that must be worth something.

I have just emptied my pockets and opened my wallet.

I would love to see a 'grey nurse' ($50) or any paper money for that matter.
I need to find who has my share ask for it nicely.

Is a calm sense of self-satisfaction worth anything?
And Turnbull is gone. that must be worth something.

A grey nurse was $100. And we haven't had paper money for more than twenty years...

A grey nurse was $100.

Why?

I find a webpage that says it's because of the gray nurse shark, but there's no fish on any of the $100 notes whose images I can find on the web.

The lady on the $50 was at least involved in children's charity work...

P-11955_2.jpg

It was called a grey nurse because of its colour. Since then, Australian notes have switched to being comprised of a polymer compound to reduce counterfeiting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_one_hundred-dollar_note

Australians are the richest people in the world - and the USA doesn't even make the Top Ten:

Not in the least surprised. I know where I'd move to.

It was called a grey nurse because of its colour. Since then, Australian notes have switched to being comprised of a polymer compound to reduce counterfeiting.

So you Aussies have Alec Baldwin on your money? I thought he was Canadian?

And here I thought it was Sean Connery and wondering why they would have a bloody Scot on their currency.

So you Aussies have Alec Baldwin on your money? I thought he was Canadian?

And here I thought it was Sean Connery and wondering why they would have a bloody Scot on their currency.

As I said, that was the old pre-1996 $100 bill. The newer, plastic one looks like this:

IuhZqmrXDBSAZro-800x450-noPad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom