• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Backup software for Win 7 Home version?

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Ugg, I'm helping a friend out: I cleaned the usual spyware crap off their Win 7 computer. Now I'd like to setup auto backups. They have a network drive that is plugged into their router. I'd like to set the Win 7 computer to do auto backups at night to the network drive, but it seems that feature is missing from the Home version (you can only backup to a local drive). Is there any free software that trustworthy? It would be nice if it did both image and and file level backups. If there is no good free option what's the best inexpensive option?

Ugg, I'm helping a friend out: I cleaned the usual spyware crap off their Win 7 computer. Now I'd like to setup auto backups. They have a network drive that is plugged into their router. I'd like to set the Win 7 computer to do auto backups at night to the network drive, but it seems that feature is missing from the Home version (you can only backup to a local drive). Is there any free software that trustworthy? It would be nice if it did both image and and file level backups. If there is no good free option what's the best inexpensive option?

http://www.overclockedtechies.com/2012/02/windows-7-home-premium-network-backup/

Just as an aside, if anyone's ever looking for freeware, I've found THIS site to offer particularly good software. It has fair ratings, it's very good at telling you upfront what comes with the software (bundled, ads, malware, etc) and it's well organized.

Just as an aside, if anyone's ever looking for freeware, I've found THIS site to offer particularly good software. It has fair ratings, it's very good at telling you upfront what comes with the software (bundled, ads, malware, etc) and it's well organized.
Bookmarked. It's hard to know who to trust these days. Sourceforge has been bundling crap in old projects. Cnet is filled with crap. And 90% of the internet sites are pushing/reviewing crap so they can get q percentage of the sales.

Back
Top Bottom