• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Batgirl canned

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Oh... only if so many other DC movies could have had the same outcome, instead of being released, the world could have been a better place.

The movie was in post production which means they spent most of the money already.
article said:
"As directors, it is critical that our work be shown to audiences, and while the film was far from finished, we wish that fans all over the world would have had the opportunity to see and embrace the final film themselves. Maybe one day they will insha'Allah."
There were doubts a long time ago when people were second guessing the use of Drumnadrochit as Gotham City. Okay, that isn't true.
article said:
Batgirl, which already wrapped production, cost an estimated $90 million to make. While it was intended to be a direct-to-HBO Max release, executives reportedly decided to axe it because they felt it "simply did not work" despite costly reshoots. The New York Post reported that during test screenings, the film was poorly received.
You read that correctly, the film was so bad, it was discovered on Hunter Biden's laptop.

Hopefully this becomes a new trend, where DC comic book movies don't get released until they start making good ones.

Wow! Just think of how bad a movie has to be that throwing $90M down the toilet is considered the best possible outcome.

Highlander 2 costed $34M and they still released it, even earned a little bit back on that investment before audiences realized how they just got scammed.

Maybe it will be leaked like that Wonder Woman pilot. Tho I can’t see how Batgirl could be as bad as that pilot

Yeah, at some point it will be leaked and it'll be obvious why it was never released. If I was a betting man, I'd say it was probably so woke, even the most wokety wokesters be like, "Damn, that was too woke even for me!".

There must be some gimmick in this film. I see the Batgirl actress is Latina Latinx, but since intersectionality is super trendy now, there must be more to it. Maybe she's non-binary, or trans or Muslim...or all three!

I'd still watch it. Can't get enough DC.

At first glance I thought that said Batgirl Caned (I thought DAMN this forum is kinkier than I thought)
I mean, it's not too late for you to go out and get a Batgirl costume and see what we can make happen...

Yeah, I've been wondering what the real story is, as well. The only thing I could think is that it is really really really bad and that the actress really stinks (because they keep saying she was fine, they'll use her again in something else. As what? Wallpaper??)

Yeah, I've been wondering what the real story is, as well. The only thing I could think is that it is really really really bad and that the actress really stinks (because they keep saying she was fine, they'll use her again in something else. As what? Wallpaper??)
New CEO of the company doesn't like the direct-to-streaming model, said in an investor call this week it's not a valid business model.
The tax quarter is ending in a few weeks, shit-canning the movie now means they can write the entire thing off as a 'loss' which studios do for HUGE tax writeoffs with bad movies - in fact, it's an open secret in Hollywood that studios will make films they know will be a flop so that they can use it as an excuse to get into a lower tax bracket.
Rumor says the film was getting about a 60% positive rating from test audiences, which isn't good but is far from a total shit show.

So basically, this movie got axed as a financial strategy.

Back
Top Bottom