• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson links Lucifer to Hillary

Colonel Sanders

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Come on people. This shit's too easy to pass up.

Here's how it went: Hillary, while in college, admired Saul Alinsky (I don't know who he is), and Alinsky apparently was an author who, in one of his books wrote something about Lucifer being the first radical.

In syllogistic form:

Hillary liked Saul Alinsky
Alinsky wrote a line about Lucifer

Therefore, Hillary either:

A. Worships the Devil
B. Is a tool of the Devil
C. Is actually the Devil
D. A, B, and C

I'm guessing the answer is D. It's the only conclusion to be derived logically from the premises.

Lucifer's attorneys are considering suing Carson for slander.

I had planned on watching Carson speak, because I was expecting something extra special. Alas, my plans were foiled.

I know you all have told me... different skill set... but I still can not believe this man was ever a neurosurgeon. I just can't.

Been Carson, a brain surgeon that needs a brain surgeon

Been Carson, a brain surgeon that needs a brain surgeon
y
Or maybe he performed brain surgery on himself and screwed up.

Very seriously, I have always assumed that he was either on some serious meds or that he needs to be. He seems to be suffering from some kind of cognitive impairment when he speaks.

Not just neurosurgeon. HEAD of the dept at Johns Hopkins. How?
Also, why is he no longer head of neurosurgery? What made him retire?

y
Or maybe he performed brain surgery on himself and screwed up.

Very seriously, I have always assumed that he was either on some serious meds or that he needs to be. He seems to be suffering from some kind of cognitive impairment when he speaks.
It is really hard to tell with Trump supporters. Are they sick or just really really out of touch with reality?

It is really hard to tell with Trump supporters. Are they sick or just really really out of touch with reality?

There was something wrong with Carson before he became a Trump surrogate.

If you look at his overall accomplishments, even after leaving his surgery career, it just doesn't fit with Carson as he appears now. I'd love to see some old video clips of him to see if he had that same weird way of speaking. I'm also curious if he was always a religious nut, or if that is relatively recent, too

He truly seems brain damaged to me

I know you all have told me... different skill set... but I still can not believe this man was ever a neurosurgeon. I just can't.

In a way, I find it comforting because it's the perfect example of the fallacy of the argument from authority. Here, it's "Ben Carson is a brain surgeon, which means he's obviously intelligent, so he must know what he's talking about."

But that's obviously untrue.

Intelligence is such a mysterious thing. I know that I do not have the intelligence skills to do brain surgery. For example, I can't do algebra--I'm really, genuinely incapable of it. Something in my brain is incapable of processing it. And because of that, I was shut out of a career in the sciences. But I know I'd beat the shit out of Ben Carson in a religious debate, as could any person here.

The fact that he has the skills to do brain surgery but lacks intellectual capacity for other things is just kind of part of the diversity of the human condition. Maybe someone can articulate it better than that.

I think surgeons may be like engineers or mechanics.Skilled in one area,but not in many others.

In a way, I find it comforting because it's the perfect example of the fallacy of the argument from authority. Here, it's "Ben Carson is a brain surgeon, which means he's obviously intelligent, so he must know what he's talking about."

Intelligence is such a mysterious thing. I know that I do not have the intelligence skills to do brain surgery. For example, I can't do algebra--I'm really, genuinely incapable of it. Something in my brain is incapable of processing it. And because of that, I was shut out of a career in the sciences. But I know I'd beat the shit out of Ben Carson in a religious debate, as could any person here.

The fact that he has the skills to do brain surgery but lacks intellectual capacity for other things is just kind of part of the diversity of the human condition. Maybe someone can articulate it better than that.

I understand what you are saying, but it is more than that with him. How can a surgeon work with his eyes closed? His movements seem so unfocused. Was he, perhaps, self-medicated for stage fright or something? If not, was he always like this?

I understand what you are saying, but it is more than that with him. How can a surgeon work with his eyes closed? His movements seem so unfocused. Was he, perhaps, self-medicated for stage fright or something? If not, was he always like this?

Think of Carson as a very good mechanic. It is just the machine he's working on is the brain.

If you look at pictures from his career, his eyes back then were wide open not like now. It's weird, but it's definitely new.

If you look at pictures from his career, his eyes back then were wide open not like now. It's weird, but it's definitely new.

I wonder if that is why he retired when he did. He was quoted as saying he wanted to go out at the top of his game (paraphrasing).

On the other hand, his speech at the RNC - while weird as hell - did not have the same barely conscious vibe as his presidential debates.

Back
Top Bottom