• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bigger Paychecks Anyone?

Malintent

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I just got my first 2018 paycheck. it is exactly 3 dollars LESS than last year, under the new tax withholding.

Anyone getting a bigger check, as promised?

Serves you right for having that $10 million mortgage, I guess.

Huge 4% raise at my company. Won't see it until this weekend though. Our company is just pouring buckets of money over all of the employees. No one is being spared from this massive prosperity.

Bigger, but only because the new company (went through a merger in Q4 '17) didn't deduct state taxes. Whoops.

Next full check will be smaller, because the new company is smaller and therefore insurance is more expensive. Like, double. That will eat up any tax cut I might have enjoyed.

They'll be using the old withholding tables until the IRS has a chance to promulgate new ones.

I figure March or April before the payroll processors have a chance to catch up...

Just got the pay stub for tomorrow's check.
My tax withholding for the period went down by 5 dollars.
My check, however, is 16 dollars less than last payday's, from the deductions for insurance and such.

Just got the pay stub for tomorrow's check.
My tax withholding for the period went down by 5 dollars.
My check, however, is 16 dollars less than last payday's, from the deductions for insurance and such.

Yabut ya gotta cherish that $5. Try not to spend it all in one place!
I'm sure the Trump faithful will be lining up to praise their reduced paychecks as signs of Cheato's magnanimity.

Clearly you aren't aware that Obama is the reason for rising medical costs... which were notoriously stable and static before 2009.

They'll be using the old withholding tables until the IRS has a chance to promulgate new ones.

I figure March or April before the payroll processors have a chance to catch up...
Probably by March. The IRS has said they will issue guidance for the new withholding tables by the first part of February and are requesting that payroll processing software companies make every effort to update their software in February too.

I support accounting software and given the time of the year it may be problematic for developers to complete this that quickly since they are still dealing with 2017 payroll reporting issues caused by year end software updates. I have yet to see any commercial business accounting software NOT have issues at year end.

So those of us on the front lines get to hear the moaning and groaning about how we are "stealing" money from the employees. I just can't wait for next year when a bunch of these same people raise the roof when they don't have enough tax withheld to cover their actual taxes, or the complaints about how they aren't getting a bigger paycheck since they claimed 20 gazillion dependent deductions which will no longer be taken into account when the new tax tables take effect.....

Yeah, I am feeling very snarky today.

Ruth

Back
Top Bottom