• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bill Cosby - J A I L - O

He's something less than a turd. I think he'll hang himself eventually, or find some other means.

Date rape drug perp uses the same defense as the abortion-on-demand lobby.
They don't feel pain - no harm no foul.

Its a shame how this all turned out. He was a big part of my childhood. I pretty much had his records memorized and watched Fat Albert and The Cosby Show regularly. Always thought he was a great mentor and role model for kids and young black men. Guess you really never know someone.

To be fair though, it the date rape drug perp has the same empathy as the Pro-Lifers. "Fuck you bitch! Your reproductive system is mine!"

Its a shame how this all turned out. He was a big part of my childhood. I pretty much had his records memorized and watched Fat Albert and The Cosby Show regularly. Always thought he was a great mentor and role model for kids and young black men. Guess you really never know someone.
Agree

I wish I could hear tape of "He doesn't own a plane, you asshole!" (Cos's outburst on the prosecutor seeking to deny bail.) I'm guessing there was no recording allowed in court. I was hoping he said it in character, either as Fat Albert or in that "ubble-bubble" voice that the impressionists all use for Cosby Prototype Voice.

It's so rare that rapists actually face justice for what they did, and even more rare for celebrity rapists to get convicted.

While I'm glad that a celebrity rapist actually got convicted, of course I have to wonder what role race played in all of this. For example, many conservatives and libertarians insist that rape never happens or almost never happens and that accusations are always false accusations made by women to persecute/oppress men, and yet somehow every conservative (and libertarian, who are completely different, honest!) is able to believe that Cosby was guilty of the very thing many of them insist never happens. You can't tell me race doesn't play some kind of role in that

It's so rare that rapists actually face justice for what they did, and even more rare for celebrity rapists to get convicted.

While I'm glad that a celebrity rapist actually got convicted, of course I have to wonder what role race played in all of this. For example, many conservatives and libertarians insist that rape never happens or almost never happens and that accusations are always false accusations made by women to persecute/oppress men, and yet somehow every conservative (and libertarian, who are completely different, honest!) is able to believe that Cosby was guilty of the very thing many of them insist never happens. You can't tell me race doesn't play some kind of role in that
Perhaps.
I do think some some conservatives were disappointed that this happened to Cosby.
Remember, at times Cosby seemed to blame poorer African Americans for their own predicament. I think many right-wingers saw him as a good Black.

Nah, that’s a dumb comparison because that’s not the argument of anyone. It’s not that fetuses don’t feel pain, it’s that they don’t have cognition of anything in the first trimester. Unlike the women who have plenty of cognition when they recover from the drug, and many had it during the drug, they just couldn’t make their bodies react.

So, yeah, that’s a dumb comparison that is just making up a pretend bad argument and then saying “look how bad this argument is!” No kidding, you built it that way. It doesn’t reflect reality, though, so it’s dumb.

So, yeah, that’s a dumb comparison that is just making up a pretend bad argument and then saying “look how bad this argument is!” No kidding, you built it that way. It doesn’t reflect reality, though, so it’s dumb.
Yeah, never saw anyone waving a 'they don't feel pain' sign outside of a state legislature.

The argument they DO make, 'My body, my choice,' is pretty much diametrically opposed to the rapist, 'Your body, my choice.'

I'm glad his victims got justice, but I'm sad that this happened. He had such a wholesome public persona, and many people grew up respecting what they thought he was. His work on childhood education was admirable, even though he wasn't.

Is it awful that I don't fully believe every one of his accusers?

No, not at all. Each accusation needs to be viewed based on its own merits. It's not outside the realm of possibility that once the accusations started rolling in, some scammers decided to jump on the bandwagon in order to get a pay day.

If something doesn't sound credible to you, you should never feel bad about not accepting it as factual.

Thanks Tom. This actually makes me feel better.

No, not at all. Each accusation needs to be viewed based on its own merits. It's not outside the realm of possibility that once the accusations started rolling in, some scammers decided to jump on the bandwagon in order to get a pay day.

If something doesn't sound credible to you, you should never feel bad about not accepting it as factual.

Your claim that it makes you feel better doesn't sound credible to me, so I'm not accepting it as factual and I don't feel bad about that.

Ok........Oh I see what you did there!

Regardless, I meant it in all sincerity. As a woman, I felt really guilty not taking all of them at face value......like I was betraying women.

Your claim that it makes you feel better doesn't sound credible to me, so I'm not accepting it as factual and I don't feel bad about that.

Back
Top Bottom