• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Billy Bush: Yes, Donald Trump, You Said That

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Basic Beliefs
atheist
He said it. “Grab ’em by the pussy.”

Of course he said it. And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator. Along with Donald Trump and me, there were seven other guys present on the bus at the time, and every single one of us assumed we were listening to a crass standup act. He was performing. Surely, we thought, none of this was real.

We now know better.

Some of what Natasha Stoynoff, Rachel Crooks, Jessica Leeds and Jill Harth alleged involved forceful kissing. Ms. Harth said he pushed her up against a wall, with his hands all over her, trying to kiss her.

“He was relentless,” she said. “I didn’t know how to handle it.” Her story makes the whole “better use some Tic Tacs” and “just start kissing them” routine real. I believe her.

Kristin Anderson said that Mr. Trump reached under her skirt and “touched her vagina through her underwear” while they were at a New York nightclub in the 1990s. That makes the “grab ’em by the pussy” routine real. I believe her.

President Trump is currently indulging in some revisionist history, reportedly telling allies, including at least one United States senator, that the voice on the tape is not his. This has hit a raw nerve in me.

I have faith that when the hard work of exposing these injustices is over, the current media drama of who did what to whom will give way to a constructive dialogue between mature men and women in the workplace and beyond. The activist and gender-relations expert Jackson Katz has said that this is not a women’s issue — it’s a men’s issue. That’s a great place to start, and something I have real thoughts about — but it is a story for another day.

Today is about reckoning and reawakening, and I hope it reaches all the guys on the bus.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/opinion/billy-bush-trump-access-hollywood-tape.html

Kristin Anderson said that Mr. Trump reached under her skirt and “touched her vagina through her underwear” while they were at a New York nightclub in the 1990s. That makes the “grab ’em by the pussy” routine real. I believe her.

President Trump is currently indulging in some revisionist history, reportedly telling allies, including at least one United States senator, that the voice on the tape is not his. This has hit a raw nerve in me.

I have faith that when the hard work of exposing these injustices is over, the current media drama of who did what to whom will give way to a constructive dialogue between mature men and women in the workplace and beyond. The activist and gender-relations expert Jackson Katz has said that this is not a women’s issue — it’s a men’s issue. That’s a great place to start, and something I have real thoughts about — but it is a story for another day.

Today is about reckoning and reawakening, and I hope it reaches all the guys on the bus.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/opinion/billy-bush-trump-access-hollywood-tape.html

Meh. Makes no difference whatsoever to the 30% who are too brainwashed to discern fact from fiction.

He needs to put into physical action other than typing. Is he calling out men who degrade women in his presence? Or is he still letting it slide. He is so yesterday.

There are lies, damned lies, and really boneheaded stupid lies.

RBSLs are the lies that no one believes and all they do is draw attention to the situation and reinforce the impression that the liar is an idiot. If Trump could keep his mouth shut about the Access Hollywood tape, it would remain in the realm of believe it or not history. It was hashed over twice at the time and nothing happened.

When Trump talks about it, the cycle starts all over again.

Why the fuck are we trusting the word of Billy Bush here anyways?

This is a guy who just sat there and laughed while Donald Trump made jokes about sexually assaulting women. He seems to lack the level of integrity needed for us to view him as an honest source.

This is a guy who just sat there and laughed while Donald Trump made jokes about sexually assaulting women. He seems to lack the level of integrity needed for us to view him as an honest source.
His take was that there are seven other people on the bus and they all thought Trump was lying his ass off.

CNN is currently reporting on a bunch (maybe the majority?) of Democrat senators calling for Al Franken to resign because of the allegations against him of sexual misconduct years before he was elected a senator.

I do not understand this logic. Same for Trump. If this is something these people are alleged to have done a decade before they were elected to office and has nothing to do with the job they are doing, why should they resign?

Fake news! The tape was obviously fabricated by a Trump impersonator like that meanie from Saturday Night Live! [/conservolibertarian]

- - - Updated - - -

CNN is currently reporting on a bunch (maybe the majority?) of Democrat senators calling for Al Franken to resign because of the allegations against him of sexual misconduct years before he was elected a senator.

I do not understand this logic. Same for Trump. If this is something these people are alleged to have done a decade before they were elected to office and has nothing to do with the job they are doing, why should they resign?

Because even if the incidents are past the statute of limitations, it sends the message that this behavior is unacceptable.

Yes, anyone who would find that sort of thing amusing, would certainly be the type to fabricate the entire story.

Fake news! The tape was obviously fabricated by a Trump impersonator like that meanie from Saturday Night Live! [/conservolibertarian]

- - - Updated - - -

Because even if the incidents are past the statute of limitations, it sends the message that this behavior is unacceptable.

First, nothing has been proved in either case at law. So why is there no presumption of innocence?

Second, so what if the behaviour was unacceptable if it was a decade ore more ago and before they ever took office?

Third, even if the behaviour was unacceptable to your moral outrage meter, should his constituency not have to vote him out?

- - - Updated - - -

First, nothing has been proved in either case at law. So why is there no presumption of innocence?
Photo of Franken. Self-admission of Trump (Access Hollywood tape on assault, Stern program for learing at naked teens).

Photo of Franken. Self-admission of Trump (Access Hollywood tape on assault, Stern program for learing at naked teens).

That is evidence. Not verdict. Nothing has be proved at law.

Nothing has to be proven for impeachment either. If the house's consensus is that he should go, they can impeach him for eating Big Macs.

One case involves a photo, which is pretty decent evidence. The other case, self-admission of guilt... ie, pleading guilty of sorts.

Nothing has to be proven for impeachment either. If the house's consensus is that he should go, they can impeach him for eating Big Macs.

As well they should. That increases his cholesterol count and puts him at higher risk of a heart attack. Given that he's receiving government funded health care, that basically means that he's robbing the taxpayer. :mad:

As well they should. That increases his cholesterol count and puts him at higher risk of a heart attack. Given that he's receiving government funded health care, that basically means that he's robbing the taxpayer. :mad:

All that aside, he should be impeached for that because it shows a lack of class and dignity as should be required of the Leader of Free McWorld.

All that aside, he should be impeached for that because it shows a lack of class and dignity as should be required of the Leader of Free McWorld.

And for the whole treason thing with Russia. And for obstruction of Justice. And for using the US government as a piggy bank for him and his family and friends. And for that hairdo.

Back
Top Bottom