• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bishop told kids that Santa isn't real - church apologises

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
A Roman Catholic diocese in Italy was forced to apologise after a Bishop told a group of children that Santa doesn't exist - leaving parents outraged.
"No, Santa Claus does not exist. In fact, I would add that the red of the suit he wears was chosen by Coca-Cola exclusively for advertising purposes," Antonio Staglianò, the bishop of Noto in Sicily, said during an event celebrating the feast day of Saint Nicholas.

I guess children should be entitled to have their fairy tale like beliefs.... including belief in Bible stories.... :rolleyes:

Message from Santa Claus. "Dear Antonio Stagliano, I hear you've been saying there is no Santa Claus. How would I like it if I said there's no Antonio Stagliano?"

Eldarion Lathria

Message from Santa Claus. "Dear Antonio Stagliano, I hear you've been saying there is no Santa Claus. How would I like it if I said there's no Antonio Stagliano?"

Eldarion Lathria
If somebody said I don't exist, then I'd realize I have a PR problem. I could solve that problem by torturing people, but unlike God, I have morals. Santa is like that too: He doesn't lose his head if people don't believe in him.

Back
Top Bottom