• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bob Dole Has Passed Away

A man who wielded great power and accomplished very little with it. His was the first presidential campaign to create a website, though.

he was Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976. they barely lost to Jimmy Carter and Walter Mondale.

May he rest in cat shit, but may we never forget that he was just the front man of the GOP.

He wasn't the worst of them. The kind of old guard they try to smear and purge from the party for "disloyalty" to Trump these days. But no great believer in human rights either.

He wasn't the worst of them. The kind of old guard they try to smear and purge from the party for "disloyalty" to Trump these days. But no great believer in human rights either.
Agreed. Similar to Bush Jr, he's been elevated somewhat by the doushiness of Trump.

I had actually thought that he died some years ago....With Bob Dole, I feel one could at least respect that he had the courage of his convictions, something that I don't think is true of Bush Jr. and certainly not of Trump, if one counts anything Trump says as being evidence of his convictions. IMO, Trump's only actual conviction is in self promotion and every word he utters is in service to that single goal.

Reading his war record he was a very tough, brave individual.
Looking at his scruples as regards his bad faith, I expect that he was exactly the sort of monster I'm glad I never met so as to need to shoot, damn the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom