• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can current AI predict quarks from the available data of 1963?

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Specifically if you could enter all of the 1963 and earlier data and theoretical framework of that time into an AI system today (2019) could it work?

I know not much about particle physics, but it is really cool to see how the particle zoo was in the early sixties. Also seems like a good challenge for AI to sort through various rules to come up with some underlying commonalities.

If you want to make it more difficult for the AI, maybe go back to 1960 data and theory and postulates.

Last edited:
AI means many things to many people. If the conclusion can be arrived at by applying a set of rules, yes I'd say as a generalization.

For me AI means applying large numbers of rules in combinations many times as afforded by a computer.

I would label the Star Trek Data as AC, artificial consciousness. An analog to human creative through.

Genetic algorithms use an evolutionary process that involves trial and error and exploring expanding paths.

Back
Top Bottom