• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

can someone please tell me how a fertilized egg is not a human being?

JC1432

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
follow the evidence
considering the fact that if the fertilized egg in your mother's womb was extinguished would you be here today?

first of all. you did exist, and if allowed to continue to exist you would be who you are today, same person. but since you got killed, then you would not be hear today. the point is that a human was killed, not if you care.

first of all. you did exist...
Where? How so? You mean the little bundle of chemicals was me?

I don't think of that fetal bundle of flesh as human. I became human when I was an aware being with an interest in my existence as a "me".

Is acorn a tree? If one never was, there would be no one to regret it. A fertilized egg has too few of the characteristics of a human being to be considered fully human.

I don't think of that fetal bundle of flesh as human. I became human when I was an aware being with an interest in my existence as a human "me".
hello! that fertilized egg has YOUR DNA in it. that cell multiplied and multiplied and you are those cells and person. do you know anything about embryology

I don't think of that fetal bundle of flesh as human. I became human when I was an aware being with an interest in my existence as a human "me".
hello! that fertilized egg has YOUR DNA in it.
So does your hair. You still cut it though, killing that human life.

hello! that fertilized egg has YOUR DNA in it.
So does your hair. You still cut it though, killing that human l
that is not a good analogy. the fertilized egg is you, if you kill it you die. fact, as you grow organs you become more developed, but that is you.

Can you refute what i said...yes or no answer please

sure. embrology says you go through many stages of growth. you start out as an egg, then the egg divides and divides, getting a heart, forming body parts, being born, learning to talk, HELLO this is embryology of the human. have you NEVER heard of embryology? there is a specific medical specialty for that

sure. embrology says you go through many stages of growth. you start out as an egg, then the egg divides and divides, getting a heart, forming body parts, being born, learning to talk, HELLO this is embryology of the human. have you NEVER heard of embryology? there is a specific medical specialty for that
But the egg has not yet gone through those stages of growth - until it has done so, it still merely an egg

the egg, CONTINUALLLY - without any interruption - divides and divides and grows. thus the continuality is YOU continuing to exist. you just don't magically appear. how do you think you showed up on this earth?

I'm not seeing how embryology determines the value of the fetus.

Anyway I'll drop trying to determine what I as a person am (since, after all, I'm talking with a guy who doesn't know the difference between an egg and a human being). How about this instead... If my mother felt she had a reason to abort the fetus that would eventually have become me, then my non-existent dead little ghostly egg-self would want to say to her: "If difficulty was avoided in your life by doing that then all is well".

hello! that fertilized egg has YOUR DNA in it. that cell multiplied and multiplied and you are those cells and person. do you know anything about embryology
Mate, the last big shit you took had YOUR DNA in it.

It ain’t special.

JC1432, if you understand all of the above, how are you making the claim in your other thread that every time a human being grows an arm it is an entirely random process, and not a process coded by information inherited from previous generations and held in common throughout the human race?

Mate, the last big shit you took had YOUR DNA in it.

It ain’t special.

Yeah but.., a big lump with DNA in it, evolving to the 'refined specimen' it is now ( he says, holding his nose). Couldn't it be "special, in some way at least, because of "natural selection?"

Back
Top Bottom