• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Carnivores vs humans in the Bible

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
Genesis 1:29-30
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”
So originally humans and animals were herbivores....

In Genesis 4 Abel kept flocks that he'd eat....

According to the Bible I think animals only became carnivores after the Flood....

From Answers in Genesis:

They don't seem to mention a Bible verse where animals became carnivores....

Since humans were apparently eating meat a lot earlier than animals you'd expect humans to have more carnivore-like features than animals.... but animal carnivores are much more suited to meat eating than humans...

See:
The following points help prove that a natural human diet is, in fact, vegan
i.e. humans don't require any meat to be healthy while on the other hand this is different for carnivorous animals in many biological ways....

I guess you could talk about omnivores though as I said humans apparently don't require any form of meat-eating....

According to the Bible I think animals only became carnivores after the Flood....
Well, according to the morons at Answers in Genesis at least...

Biologically, humans are as classic an omnivore as you can get, similar to other opportunistic omnivores like bovines, or bears. We are healthiest when we have occasional meaty meals, but the majority of our diet is plant-based, ands its likely we scavenged more than we hunted for most of our recent evolutionary trajectory.

Well, according to the morons at Answers in Genesis at least...
The only good alternative I could think of is that animals turned into complete carnivores at the same time as humans started eating meat - at the time of the fall.....
Though that means that the Ark had carnivores that required a diet of meat....!
We are healthiest when we have occasional meaty meals, but the majority of our diet is plant-based, ands its likely we scavenged more than we hunted for most of our recent evolutionary trajectory.
Or maybe we are healthiest when we have some fish - which is kind of not a regular meat in a way.....

animals-with-human-teeth-15.jpg

to this?

e7yyUEG8OztfmMhwjc5vt4eO2iSA1xYgZ9lpmj0kv4o.jpg

I remember reading about YECs saying that some herbivores apparently have carnivore-type teeth.... I found this:
Hippo-Herbivore-Canine-Teeth1.jpg

Also:
That seems to say that humans are "frugivores"

Isaiah 11

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

The immanent coming God's Holy Mountain as prophesied in Isaiah did not of course happen. And if God could eliminate cruel predation in the animal kingdom, why doesn't God go ahead and that?

The Bible explicitly tells us God is good, merciful, compassionate, fair and just.
God is love. A god who could eliminate animal predation but does not is none of those sub-goodnesses.

See also Isaiah 65:25.

I am trying to think of a meat eater in the wild that does not scavenge when the opportunity presents itself.

Back
Top Bottom