• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christian Missionary Says Demon Made Him Molest African Orphans

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-made-molest-kenyan-orphans-article-1.1893920
An accused child molester from Oklahoma is claiming that a demon named Luke forced him to commit disturbing sexual acts against children. Matthew Lane Durham, 19, faces life in prison for allegedly raping and molesting up to 10 Kenyan orphans during a missionary trip to the Upendo Children's Home near Nairobi between April and June of this year. In oral and written statements, the Edmond teen allegedly confessed that he spanked, caressed, and engaged in sex acts with young girls and boys at the orphanage. He also wrote that he would force the children to watch while he touched himself. In chilling text messages between Durham and unnamed friends, obtained by KFOR, the teen reveals that he believes he’s a victim of demonic possession. “How can i not hate this thing inside of me? It takes me at night and i am powerless over what luke wants. Yes i named him i know how crazy that is. He whispers in my ear all day and hes so hard to resist” [sic] Durham wrote in text messages released by prosecutors. The teen claimed he tried to pray the demon away, but the spirit wouldn’t budge. “You honestly have no idea...i’ve prayed so much, but every night luke gets what luke wants,” [sic] Durham wrote.

LUKE????? I thought demons were supposed to have names like Graz'zt, Yeenoghu, or Lolth

Ever notice how when someone from the Catholic church molests children, the journalist makes it very clear that it was a Catholic doing the molesting, but when a non-Catholic molests children, they don't bother to mention the denomination?

The teen claimed he tried to pray the demon away, but the spirit wouldn’t budge. “You honestly have no idea...i’ve prayed so much, but every night luke gets what luke wants,” [sic] Durham wrote.
Awwww. Asking your invisible friend to take away your other invisible friend didn't work so you....asked some more?

The teen claimed he tried to pray the demon away, but the spirit wouldn’t budge. “You honestly have no idea...i’ve prayed so much, but every night luke gets what luke wants,” [sic] Durham wrote.
Awwww. Asking your invisible friend to take away your other invisible friend didn't work so you....asked some more?

If the very real damage to these children wasn't so horrific I'd laugh out loud at your comment, and applaud its pointed accuracy.

If the very real damage to these children wasn't so horrific I'd laugh out loud at your comment, and applaud its pointed accuracy.
The damage is so horrific i have to laugh.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-made-molest-kenyan-orphans-article-1.1893920
An accused child molester from Oklahoma is claiming that a demon named Luke forced him to commit disturbing sexual acts against children. Matthew Lane Durham, 19, faces life in prison for allegedly raping and molesting up to 10 Kenyan orphans during a missionary trip to the Upendo Children's Home near Nairobi between April and June of this year. In oral and written statements, the Edmond teen allegedly confessed that he spanked, caressed, and engaged in sex acts with young girls and boys at the orphanage. He also wrote that he would force the children to watch while he touched himself. In chilling text messages between Durham and unnamed friends, obtained by KFOR, the teen reveals that he believes he’s a victim of demonic possession. “How can i not hate this thing inside of me? It takes me at night and i am powerless over what luke wants. Yes i named him i know how crazy that is. He whispers in my ear all day and hes so hard to resist” [sic] Durham wrote in text messages released by prosecutors. The teen claimed he tried to pray the demon away, but the spirit wouldn’t budge. “You honestly have no idea...i’ve prayed so much, but every night luke gets what luke wants,” [sic] Durham wrote.

LUKE????? I thought demons were supposed to have names like Graz'zt, Yeenoghu, or Lolth

The demon named Luke is of course he himself, but he assigned the responsibility.

Like in Star Wars, "Luke I am your Father." /Darth Vader voice

This missionary stuff is a mass psychosis. The humanitarian aspects are understandable enough but when this shit happens you know you're dealing with tortured minds.

Why did he name his penis Luke? That's kind of bland and generic. If he'd been forced to do it by General Luke or Luke the Mighty, the story would make sense but if you're not going to put any effort into naming your penis, why give it a name in the first place?

I'm being completely serious. While I'm usually the first in line to bash evangelicals, there are evangelical activists desperately trying to raise awareness of the fact that this same problem exists in evangelical ministries, but most of the public isn't aware of this fact because the media keeps acting like this is an exclusively Catholic problem.

Because the public isn't aware of the problem, evangelical ministries can get away with doing horrible things to hide the problem (e.g. telling child victims that they will go to Hell if they tell the police or anyone else), just like the Catholics used to. The Catholic leadership can't get away with it anymore because of public scrutiny, and that's exactly what these evangelical activists are trying to inflict upon the evangelical leadership, and they're doing it for (from what I can tell) is all the right reasons.

Edit: Aw crap. For some reason I thought you were responding to my post. I'm leaving this response as-is because I think that the media's bizarre bias has serious consequences for a lot of children.

Why did he name his penis Luke? That's kind of bland and generic. If he'd been forced to do it by General Luke or Luke the Mighty, the story would make sense but if you're not going to put any effort into naming your penis, why give it a name in the first place?
I call mine Demogorgon

Back
Top Bottom