• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christianity as idolatry

Yet again Learner does not asnswer a fundamnetal quetion on ethics and mod rlity as prodcribes by Jesus.

1. Do you approve of divorce?
2. Do you accept marriage as man and woman, then rejecting gay marriage?
3. Do oiu reject sex outside of marriage?

Personally I do not care, it up to individuals to decide for themselves.

When yiu arrive at the Pearly Gates to get into heaven St Peter will ask you why you did not testify to the words of Jesus, and will direct yiu to an elevator going down to Hell.

A Catholic priest has a sophisticated comprehensive catechism to quote.

Jesus died a Jew and a rabbi if the accounts have any truth. Didn't the Romans put a sign on the cross, King Of The Jews? He was 'crowned' with a crown of thorns.

Jesus insisted on being baptized by John but you say it doesn't matter? Ritual cleansing wth water was a very deep Jewish tradition. In Jerusalem the public cleansing pools from the time of Jesus are still visible.

Typical Christian selective following of the gospels. You are making up your own self satisfying version of Christianity, a sect of one? Very common.

Yet again Learner does not asnswer a fundamnetal quetion on ethics and mod rlity as prodcribes by Jesus.

1. Do you approve of divorce?

Where applicable. Example: Abusive partners who could cause serious harm and then there's adultry.

2. Do you accept marriage as man and woman, then rejecting gay marriage?

I can't go along with it (especially in the church) because of the biblical confliction. But, having said that, I DO believe people should have the free will to do what they choose, whether I agree with it or not.

3. Do oiu reject sex outside of marriage?

That's what's written in the bible ... so I can't go along with it.

Personally I do not care, it up to individuals to decide for themselves.

When yiu arrive at the Pearly Gates to get into heaven St Peter will ask you why you did not testify to the words of Jesus, and will direct yiu to an elevator going down to Hell.

I don't know that one. What's elevator in ancient Hebrew?

A Catholic priest has a sophisticated comprehensive catechism to quote.

Jesus died a Jew and a rabbi if the accounts have any truth. Didn't the Romans put a sign on the cross, King Of The Jews? He was 'crowned' with a crown of thorns.

Did He die a pharisee, sadducee, Esene, Zealot, a Maccabee?

Jesus insisted on being baptized by John but you say it doesn't matter? Ritual cleansing wth water was a very deep Jewish tradition. In Jerusalem the public cleansing pools from the time of Jesus are still visible.
I think we are talking of two different contexts of baptism. Surely you are not suggesting John is going to baptise every single believer too, other than Jesus?

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Matt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Typical Christian selective following of the gospels. You are making up your own self satisfying version of Christianity, a sect of one? Very common.

A debating line experiment to explore, I gather.

Not to worry, in the end god will sort it all out at judge,ent day.

Are you automatically into heaven by virtue of claiming you are Christian and quoting scripture? I guess you won't know until you stand before god.

No experiment. There is no singular true Christianity. Catholics, Mormons, Evangelicals, Baptists all declare differently what 'real' Christianity is. Evangelicals and Protestants of course flay reject RCC papism. Evangelicals reject Mormons as non bible based and so

Withn Judaism, Chrtianity, and Idlam there are wide renges of interprtion.

Muslim Shia vs Sunni.

You are typical in that you create your own selff serving interpretation of Jesus.

I grew up with the white, blue eyed, blond haired Jesus image. When I was a kid I saw an image of a black Jesus in a black neighbor's home. I was too young to understand it then, people make Jesus into their own image.

And you are still mot anwering the quetions, also typical of Chrtians. Avoid with a lot of scriptural hamfwaving.

1. Is marriage between only a man and woman?
2. Sex outside of marriage?
3. Divorce?

If yiou truly follow the words of Jesus n the bible how do yiou deal wit gays yiu may know, or maybe yiu are yourself is gay?

Moral codes are difficult in practcice. If you idealize/idolize Jesus how can you not view those around you based on his words?

I could not possibly be Christian based on the gospels. It violates my sense of individual choice and freedom for all, and mutual tolerance of differences. Putting on an academic hat, you can't be Christian if you do not follow words of Jesus, that would exclude gays, fornicators, amd the divorced.

If you reject fornication do you associate with unmarried couples living together?

Religious morality or any morality is not what or who you quote, it is how you follow the moral edicts of what you beleive.

Back
Top Bottom