• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christianity Really Sucks

Christianity - for the clueless out there - is Jesus, who He is (saviour of the world, messiah, God), what He taught, what He commanded, and His life (being a sinless person), and the crucifixion and the resurrection.

to determine a religion if true or not is to look at the TRUTH of what their holy books say. you cannot base an analysis of truth based on abuses of the religion.

that said. Jesus IS christianity, and christians are to obey Him only. He commands as the 2nd command of all to love your neighbors, all people and ENEMIES. NO EXCEPTIONS (1st commnand is to love God)

But love is not possible without truth. telling others the truth, is love, regardless if that truth may be uncomfortable to you or against your worldview. i would think you want to live in truth, not a bunch of lies, so to have a better informed data set to make better decisions on, so to have the best life possible

Jesus commands his followers to sell all they have and give to the poor. To abandon homes, farms and family and sit around waiting for the end of this world. That was to happen soon, soon, so very soon! To not pray in public. Make no religious oaths. Such as the pledge of allegience. Lend to all that ask and do not demand repayment. And more. Oh, and read Acts 4. God commands Christians become communists.

Have you sold all you have and given to the poor as commanded by Jesus? So many Bible thumpers out there who utterly refuse to follow the commands of Jesus while barking angrily at us atheists. If you Christians do not believe in Jesus, why do you expect us atheists to do so?

All across this nation, right winged Christians are working nonstop to ban same sex marriage. Your ignorance is amazing.
i am really sorry to tell you this and i am NOT trying to offend anyone, but homosexuality is NOT normal, God's intention for our body parts and relationships, and should not be accepted in society. we are a nation that is supposed to have morals. if not then chaos breaks out, and satan (100% sin) breaks out in full force of decadence. you see it now happening with our disrespectful, violent, immoral generation that has come up in society

Christianity - for the clueless out there - is Jesus, who He is (saviour of the world, messiah, God), what He taught, what He commanded, and His life (being a sinless person), and the crucifixion and the resurrection.

to determine a religion if true or not is to look at the TRUTH of what their holy books say. you cannot base an analysis of truth based on abuses of the religion.

that said. Jesus IS christianity, and christians are to obey Him only. He commands as the 2nd command of all to love your neighbors, all people and ENEMIES. NO EXCEPTIONS (1st commnand is to love God)

But love is not possible without truth. telling others the truth, is love, regardless if that truth may be uncomfortable to you or against your worldview. i would think you want to live in truth, not a bunch of lies, so to have a better informed data set to make better decisions on, so to have the best life possible

Christianity is any religion based on beliefs about Jesus, a character in the New Testament. There are lots of Christianities, not just your Christianity.

Homosexuality has been noted to ocur widely in the animal kingdom. It is indeed normal. And if God hates homosexuality, why does God create homosexuals?

There is also the fact the Pentateuch is faux history. As noted by many immanent Near East archaeologists. The was no Egyptian captivity, no exodus, no bloody genocidal invasion of Canaan. No Mose on the mount getting 613 laws from God. The hateful hammer verses of Leviticus 18 and 20 are not commands of God , but are lies from some ancient lying, bigoted, billy goat herder priest. These lies 2,700 years later are still reaching down to us to cause bigotry, hate, and bad religion.

first of all, since you are clueless, let me help you out. there is nothing Jesus (who is the christian faith) said or did to permit death, killing....maybe of course only in self defense.

so since you are clueless about that, you make a uninformed, unsubstantiated claim

if you are posting here about christianity, why don't you read up on it more so you do not continue to uninformed, unsubstantiated claims

Clearly other Christians disagree with you, you'll have to take it up with them.

All across this nation, right winged Christians are working nonstop to ban same sex marriage. Your ignorance is amazing.
i am really sorry to tell you this and i am NOT trying to offend anyone, but homosexuality is NOT normal, God's intention for our body parts and relationships, and should not be accepted in society.

If it looks like a homophobe, swims like a homophobe, and preaches like a homophobe, then...

we are a nation that is supposed to have morals. if not then chaos breaks out, and satan (100% sin) breaks out in full force of decadence. you see it now happening with our disrespectful, violent, immoral generation that has come up in society

Every generation is immoral, and moral.

i am really sorry to tell you this and i am NOT trying to offend anyone, but homosexuality is NOT normal, God's intention for our body parts and relationships, and should not be accepted in society.

If it looks like a homophobe, swims like a homophobe, and preaches like a homophobe, then...

we are a nation that is supposed to have morals. if not then chaos breaks out, and satan (100% sin) breaks out in full force of decadence. you see it now happening with our disrespectful, violent, immoral generation that has come up in society

sure, but that doesn't me we let the gates open for everything. we should go back to where it should be. do you agree?

by the way a better question is what/who is the sources of objective moral values (that transcend all peoples, cultures, time, places)?

hahahaha so funny! you all don't even know what the correct definition for a "phobe" you mindlessly blabb it not even thinking.....so clueless. so tell me what a homophobe is and why you think that because i think homosexuality is not normal, which is a fact, why is that being a "phobe"

but homosexuality is NOT normal,
Neither is Christianity.
The enormous majority of human beings find it an awkward belief in implausible ancient stories. Then, when you start sorting the true Christians from the false Christians the group gets even smaller.

Normal isn't much of an assertion about anything.
Tom

we should go back to where it should be. do you agree?
Where "should" it be?
Back in the good old days of genocide and slavery and oppression of women, immigrants, and children? The Christian morality this country was founded on?
Tom

Where "should" it be?
Back in the good old days of genocide and slavery and oppression of women, immigrants, and children? The Christian morality this country was founded on?
Tom
Well, we could try returning to the old Christian witch burnings in Europe. People used to really enjoy those. The colonial Christians kinda wussed out and just hung, drowned, or crushed witches.

bippy

Where "should" it be?
Tom
Well, we could try returning to the old Christian witch burnings in Europe. People used to really enjoy those. The colonial Christians kinda wussed out and just hung, drowned, or crushed witches.

bippy

your view of christianity is not balanced. read below what a top historian says about the history of christianity. rememeber we are all sinnners and do bad things but the balance of the history of christianity is that best thing that happened in the society of mankind. read below

states prominent historian Dr. John D. Woodbridge. regarding how much the Christian faith has done for the world

“all have been deeply involved in helping the poor, the disadvantaged, the disenfranchised.. They’ve [Christians] been willing to work against their own personal interests to serve others.

Losing all of that –
all the missionary work,
all the hospitals,
all the homeless shelters,
all the rehabilitation programs,
all of the orphanages,
all of the relief organizations,
all the selfless feeding of the hungry and
clothing of the poor and
encouraging the sick

– would be a devastating blow to the world [if it didn’t have Christianity]

…think about all the hospitals, most started by Christian organizations.

think of all of the great educational institutions that Christians built, including Harvard, Yale, and Princeton which were originally conceived and constructed to advance the Gospel

…Christians have given their minds to God, and their literary, musical, architectural, scientific, and artistic contributions, if taken away, would render the world much more dull and shallow”

i am really sorry to tell you this and i am NOT trying to offend anyone, but homosexuality is NOT normal, God's intention for our body parts and relationships, and should not be accepted in society. we are a nation that is supposed to have morals. if not then chaos breaks out, and satan (100% sin) breaks out in full force of decadence. you see it now happening with our disrespectful, violent, immoral generation that has come up in society
That is nothing more than your bigoted opinions. There is nothing evil about homosexuality. This is a diverse nation, and your religion and what you consider to be sin should not be used to make our laws.

Reactions: SLD
And if God hates homosexuality, why does God create homosexuals?
Because society would fall apart without us. ;)
In a way you are correct. Christians need enemies. Without enemies christians have no identity, despite what it says in their books of christian magic.
Also: art, music, culture, occasional revolutions....
you are not correct. God does not hate homosexuals. God loves all. God is perfectly Holy and sin is an abomination to Holiness. they cannot mix.

So the conclusion is God hate the act of sin, and does not hate the person. that is the fact you should recognize based on the bible

please please tell me the definition of what a bigot is...i'd love to know the false defamatory view of me. I love gays way more than you do because love cannot exist without truth. if you withhold truth from them, you do not and cannot love them. you withhold truth from them

Back
Top Bottom