• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christine McVie RIP

Just heard that this afternoon. They just started using one of her songs for a car commercial. She's gonna miss out on all those royalties.

Fleetwood Mac was never my favorite flavor. But my partner really likes them. I listened to about 4 hours of retrospective yesterday afternoon.
Tom

Fleetwood Mac was never my favorite flavor. But my partner really likes them. I listened to about 4 hours of retrospective yesterday afternoon.
Tom
I think Fleetwood Mac came in more flavors than any other group I’ve encountered.

Tom
I think Fleetwood Mac came in more flavors than any other group I’ve encountered.

You poor poor thing.
Did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?
;)
Tom

Last edited:
Been listening to Fleetwood Mac at live shows since before the trashcan album. They never made it big until they enlisted Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Soon thereafter I was in Sausalito too late at night and ran into Lindsey Buckingham at a coffee shop. He was alone... I recognized him, he invited me to sit so I sat with him for the better part of an hour. I had a trunk full of weed and he had none - I gave him some and he invited me backstage at the next concert in Denver. I went to the concert and went backstage but didn't know anyone else besides the band (I had met Mick Fleetwood years earlier at the Fillmore West) and of course the band was busy... so I left. (Never did like big venues, and this was the Coliseum or Convention center - don't remember which)
I thought that 10th album was great.

You poor poor thing.
;)
Tom
Nope, no idea. Were they any good?
Again, not my favorite flavor, these days.

But from Revolver to Let It Be...

Tom

ETA ~Sorry for the derail. I did sit through a 4 hour tribute concert.~

You poor poor thing.
;)
Tom
Nope, no idea. Were they any good?
Again, not my favorite flavor, these days.

But from Revolver to Let It Be...

Tom

ETA ~Sorry for the derail. I did sit through a 4 hour tribute concert.~
From Fleetwood Mac (the blues one) to Mystery to Me (Bob Welch era) to to Rumours to Tusk seems like different groups to me. But YMMV.

Been listening to Fleetwood Mac at live shows since before the trashcan album. They never made it big until they enlisted Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Soon thereafter I was in Sausalito too late at night and ran into Lindsey Buckingham at a coffee shop. He was alone... I recognized him, he invited me to sit so I sat with him for the better part of an hour. I had a trunk full of weed and he had none - I gave him some and he invited me backstage at the next concert in Denver. I went to the concert and went backstage but didn't know anyone else besides the band (I had met Mick Fleetwood years earlier at the Fillmore West) and of course the band was busy... so I left. (Never did like big venues, and this was the Coliseum or Convention center - don't remember which)
I thought that 10th album was great.
Aah, to be a rock star and have people just give you drugs.

Back
Top Bottom