• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Clinton: ‘China, if you’re listening, why don’t you get Trump’s tax returns?’

Treedbear

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
secular, humanist, agnostic on theism/atheism
Clinton: ‘China, if you’re listening, why don’t you get Trump’s tax returns?’
Hillary Clinton on Wednesday night suggested that if the Justice Department was going to let Russia get away with interfering in the 2016 presidential election, it might be OK if one of the 2020 Democratic candidates enlisted China for help.

The 2016 Democratic presidential candidate offered a seemingly tongue-in-cheek hypothetical to Rachel Maddow on her MSNBC show.

“Imagine, Rachel, that you had one of the Democratic nominees for 2020 on your show, and that person said, you know, the only other adversary of ours who is anywhere near as good as the Russians is China,” Clinton told Maddow. “So why should Russia have all the fun? And since Russia is clearly backing Republicans, why don't we ask China to back us?”

“And not only that, China, if you're listening, why don't you get Trump's tax returns?” Clinton continued. “I'm sure our media would richly reward you."

Her phrasing echoed a statement by Donald Trump about Clinton’s emails during the 2016 campaign. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said at a July news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

This is why I never miss TRMS.

Back
Top Bottom