• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CNN- Jim Acosta's Press Pass Restored

starwater

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Moving to the 4th Dimension
The judge ruled that the press pass at least temporarily will be restored under a restraining order.

It seems to me that the issue of freedom of the press is being determined by the courts. I think this is a big win.

Mods if this seems duplicative of the other thread - please delete.

Last edited:
The judge ruled that the press pass at least temporarily will be restored under a restraining order.

It seems to me that the issue of freedom of the press is being determined by the courts. I think this is a big win.

What? "Freedom of the press" entitles me to a White House press pass? That seems pretty nutty.

What? "Freedom of the press" entitles me to a White House press pass? That seems pretty nutty.

Honestly, it probably should. The White House should be a public forum to begin with. Why should only certain people be allowed to report on what the White House is doing?

This isn't about freedom of the press. The White House didn't not follow protocol in revoking the press pass. That's it. Maybe now it will. Acosta is a douche.

You have it backwards. He already had a press pass. It cannot be revoked without good and lawful reasons.

This isn't about freedom of the press. The White House didn't not follow protocol in revoking the press pass. That's it. Maybe now it will. Acosta is a douche.

Even if you think he is a douche, he is a member of the press and the freedom of the press allows him access to the White House. He had a pass.

Even if you think he is a douche, he is a member of the press and the freedom of the press allows him access to the White House. He had a pass.

And he refused to hand the mic back when told. He hogs time from other reporters. And he tried to push away the White House intern. All reasons to follow protocol and revoke / not re-up the pass. CNN is still there, BTW.

So is Trump. What is your point again?

He is a tiny tiny douche compared to Trump.

That this even needs to be a win, is really a loss for America. That "conservatives" here are actually trying to minimize the significance of what Trump did implies that America has fallen.

That this even needs to be a win, is really a loss for America. That "conservatives" here are actually trying to minimize the significance of what Trump did implies that America has fallen.

Well, has America fallen or is Trump just bringing to light what you always were and taking away the illusions which you've had about yourselves?

Well, has America fallen or is Trump just bringing to light what you always were and taking away the illusions which you've had about yourselves?

We are not talking about "illusions" we are talking about the Constitution.

The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

It wasn't illusions, they were real traditions and most Presidents understood their significance.

You have it backwards. He already had a press pass. It cannot be revoked without good and lawful reasons.

cite?

My copy of the Constitution doesn't have this.

45 is talking about instituting rules for decorum by the press. One question, no interrupting, etc. Which is a good idea.

The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

Exactly. Conservative have many illusions about the Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

cite?

As the judge ruled, the 5th amendment. Maybe you need a new copy.

Exactly. Conservative have many illusions about the Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

cite?

As the judge ruled, the 5th amendment. Maybe you need a new copy.

"a judge ruled" not equal "is in the Constitution". Sadly.

I doubt this ruling will stand long. It's ridiculous on its face.

Back
Top Bottom