• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Comey has harsh words for Barr and Rosenstein: Trump has 'eaten your soul'

Treedbear

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
secular, humanist, agnostic on theism/atheism
Comey has harsh words for Barr and Rosenstein: Trump has 'eaten your soul'
It’s a process that he saw firsthand, the former FBI director wrote in the op-ed. The president’s speaking style — layered with “bold assertions, and “he rarely stops talking” — is what Comey says pulls those serving Trump “into a silent circle of assent.”

“Speaking rapid-fire with no spot for others to jump into the conversation, Mr. Trump makes everyone a co-conspirator to his preferred set of facts, or delusions,” he wrote. “I have felt it — this president building with his words a web of alternative reality and busily wrapping it around all of us in the room.”

This phenomenon escalates to the point that Trump attacks “institutions and values you hold close,” Comey wrote. Still, those serving the president do not speak out, Comey says, because they feel a sense of duty to protect the American people through their service.

“Of course,” Comey writes, “to stay, you must be seen as on his team, so you make further compromises. You use his language, praise his leadership, tout his commitment to values.”

aka: gaslighting

Comey needs to shut the fuck up. He played a huge part in creating this mess.

Comey needs to shut the fuck up. He played a huge part in creating this mess.

If what he says is what actually goes on in the White House I hope the people there are listening and then maybe the Trump charade will begin to collapse on itself. I have every reason to think it is from how Trump conducts his meetings and from the fawning responses of his cabinet members.

Trump must eat soul after soul until one finally implants and takes feeble root in his corroded hell-scorched innards (a futile endeavor.) MAGA!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom