• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Congratulations-Gate

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Meanwhile in Wackyland...

article said:
President Donald Trump was infuriated after it quickly leaked that he had been directly instructed by his national security advisers in briefing materials not to congratulate Russian President Vladimir Putin on his recent election victory during their call Tuesday morning, a source familiar with the President's thinking said.

Trump was fuming Tuesday night, asking his allies and outside advisers who they thought had leaked the information, noting that only a small group of staffers have access to those materials and would have known what guidance was included for the Putin call, the source said.
Well, of course, Trump is upset, because he was so used to all of his dumb ideas, actions, thoughts, plans, etc... never making it out into the public.
article said:
The leak, which one source said contributes to the ongoing atmosphere of paranoia in the West Wing, irked White House aides as well. Though the reaction has been described as "rattled," a White House official said it is more like anger and disappointment.

"This is unacceptable," the White House official said, speaking about the leak that some believe was an attempt to embarrass the President and McMaster. Another called it "ridiculous."
The shit is so unsettling that the unsettled are unsettled about the unsettling getting leaked.

This could potentially have been an illegal leak, but on the other hand, the information leaked wasn't secure information in any sense that US interests were harmed... that was done by Trump himself who just put it out there.

Trump was fuming Tuesday night, asking his allies and outside advisers who they thought had leaked the information, noting that only a small group of staffers have access to those materials and would have known what guidance was included for the Putin call, the source said.
Not sure how true that is... Trump only sees a few faces in connection to his briefings, but the content has to bubble up from various functionaries at State, DOD, NSA and the KGB.
Plus, i imagine that everyone is covering their ass, so whatever goes up the chain comes back down again, and ripples out to the side, noted in timestamped memos that 'I done TOLE him not to do that! TOLE him!"

About every two months where i work, some sailor messes up and in the failure report, claims he was 'never told about that.' We consistently go to our training documentation and say 'It's in this course. It's reinforced in that course. It's on this qual card...' Handy stuff to have access to.

With Donnie's reputation of not paying attention to briefings, i imagine there's all KINDS of documentation about what information was made available to him, and stored in handy-to-retrieve format. I would not be surprised if this was leaked by someone who's never been to the White House and/or is not one of the advisors on the topic of Russia.

I'm curious, if you're a foreign spy who's job is to try and get secret information about the US government, what do you do all day? I mean, you can just sit back and have everything leaked publically without any help, so do they just keep you in a hotel in Washington anyways so you're on hand if needed or do they reassign you somewhere else where you'd actually need to work?

Well, it's not his notes have never been leaked before by someone who definitely deserves to be fired...

922488784.jpg

Back
Top Bottom