• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Conspiracy Theories....

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
Are these, i dunno, Build-A-Bear religions?

A way to feel special, but rather than 'because the universe loves me' it's 'because i know more about _X_ than all the (lawyers/ scientists/ doctors/ whatever experts) in the world.'

Rooted not in evidence as much as in a shape left where evidence is lacking. ("Ever see your neighbor bringing in groceries? We're in a simulation!")

Defended vigorously in the face of mere 'facts'.

The members of the cult can see that people in OTHER cults are deluded/ misled, but never their own.

They have, share, and circulate the words of specific prophets as Knowers Of Trooths.

I really begin to think it's the religious mindset couched in more specifically anti-intellectualism terms.

Maybe we should register 'Vaccine Hesitancy' for the 501c3 tax exemptions and start collecting tithes?
Then, when people ask for religious exemptions to vaccines, and their bosses ask, 'What fucking religion is against vaccines?' They can just whip out our 'Hole Church Of Hesitancy, Order of Vaccination' card ($11.99 each, pack of ten for $78.50! Or, become a member of our clergy! Get the ID, the badge, the magnetic parking sticker, a 'No Jab' brassard, and a certificate naming you as a Doctor of Traumatic Apology suitable for framing, for $249.99)(and a frame suitable for the certificate for another $29.99).

Don't bother trying to find anti-vax rhetoric in scripture, or name religious authorities, when they'll just retort with the guy's list of tax indictments, prostitution arrests, or number of divorces.
Just go straight to the Hole Card!

Maybe we should register 'Vaccine Hesitancy' for the 501c3 tax exemptions and start collecting tithes?
Then, when people ask for religious exemptions to vaccines, and their bosses ask, 'What fucking religion is against vaccines?' They can just whip out our 'Hole Church Of Hesitancy, Order of Vaccination' card ($11.99 each, pack of ten for $78.50! Or, become a member of our clergy! Get the ID, the badge, the magnetic parking sticker, a 'No Jab' brassard, and a certificate naming you as a Doctor of Traumatic Apology suitable for framing, for $249.99)(and a frame suitable for the certificate for another $29.99).

Don't bother trying to find anti-vax rhetoric in scripture, or name religious authorities, when they'll just retort with the guy's list of tax indictments, prostitution arrests, or number of divorces.
Just go straight to the Hole Card!

There actually is a "legit" religious reason against the Covid vaccines--testing on fetal cell lines. However, this is pretty standard in the industry, most medicine is. If you're going to reject the vaccine for religious reasons you have to reject most of modern medicine.

There actually is a "legit" religious reason against the Covid vaccines--testing on fetal cell lines. However, this is pretty standard in the industry, most medicine is. If you're going to reject the vaccine for religious reasons you have to reject most of modern medicine.
Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, and Claritin, to name but a few. And the Regeneron antibody cocktail that Trump got.

An Regeneron insists that the 'immortalized' cell line doesn't count as fetal tissue any more.

This is up there with not driving on certain roads because they were built with slave labor.

But that's the WHOLE POINT! Rather than defend the reasoning behind your decision not to take the jab, connecting religion to politics through ignorance, just declare that the Conspiracy Itself is your religion!

We can make a church for Sovereign Citizens, and one for Birthers, and one for 9-11 Truthers, ...
Then, instead of playing the 'my opinion is as good as yours' game, it's 'my opinion has DOUBLE 1st Amendment Protection, as Free Speech and Free Religion.'

... And the Regeneron antibody cocktail that Trump got.

I am amazed how the people who wouldn't take the vaccine because they "don't know what's in it" are lining up for the Regeneron treatment - like they'd know a monoclonal antibody cocktail from a vial of dog semen.

... And the Regeneron antibody cocktail that Trump got.

I am amazed how the people who wouldn't take the vaccine because they "don't know what's in it" are lining up for the Regeneron treatment - like they'd know a monoclonal antibody cocktail from a vial of dog semen.
Most people don't know what happens when you flip a light switch.
But if it became a wholly-manufactured political issue, Facebook would be under a deluge of self-certified electrical engineers explaining the need to regulate or deregulate the House Wiring Code.

Back
Top Bottom