• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Could Clinton lose?

Sea of red

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I know it's something a lot of us thought couldn't happen (hopefully it won't) but Trump looks like he could turn this thing around. In pretty much all of the polls Clinton's lead has shrunk, and Trump is now leading in Ohio.

Can Trump win? I know I myself foolishly called it, but I think this thing is not over. In fact, I would go so far as to say that if the election happened today Trump could very well pull it off. If he walks all over Clinton in the debates then you can count on Clinton losing.

She can't keep making mistakes. If she wants to win then she better come out swinging in the debates, and stop letting the GOP control the narrative. :humph:

Trump has a lot catching up to do.

The race has tightened, but it's pretty much where it's been since last Nov. It's among the less dynamic prez races.

Clinton is ahead in the states where it counts and has invested a lot more in a ground game and the analytics of who to target, so it's going to be very tough for Trump to catch up to her, especially since voting actually starts next week in some places.

There are a ton of people around the country who just will not vote for one of them, so there is a ceiling on how high either of them can go and Clinton's ceiling is higher than Trump's. There's a higher chance that he could win than should exist in any sane country, but it's still a fairly low chance.

The one trouble Republicans have is the Electoral College. It is very hard for them to win it. Trump can win Ohio, but losing Virginia or North Carolina really puts the hurt on him. Republicans need to win almost every Battleground state, a Democrat, just a few. I think Colorado and Virginia is all Clinton needs in addition to states Dems haven't lost in a long time (Reagan). So Trump still has a long road to travel.

Of course she can lose. There are many people who hate her on the right who will vote against her no matter who she runs against; even Trump! And there are many people who dislike her and find her to be totally corrupt on the left, along with many former Bernie supporters who feel left out in the cold by her, justified or not, who may not vote. She was a very poor choice of candidate to run. Anybody from Bernie to Biden to Gore to Warren would have been a better choice. Hell, even Lincoln Chafe would do better than Hillary against Trump.

A vote for Clinton is a vote for corruption and the 1%. The only reason it makes any sense to vote for her is that Trump is running against her.

In order for Hillary to fail to become our next President, she will have to die before inauguration day.

A vote for any political figure from a major political party for at least the last 80 years is a vote for corruption and the 1%. The only reason it makes any sense to vote for them is that some of them are batshit lunatics trying to actively destroy significant portions of the US status quo.
fixed that for you.

to the OP: yes, thinking that hillary can't lose is vastly underestimating the astonishing stupidity of the american public.

- - - Updated - - -

In order for Hillary to fail to become our next President, she will have to die before inauguration day.
or enough jackasses pulling bullshit like "trump and hillary are the same, vote gary johnson" or whatever retardation that strain of self righteous idiots are spewing this cycle trying to sabotage american democracy to make themselves feel like their hipster cred is slightly better.

fixed that for you.

to the OP: yes, thinking that hillary can't lose is vastly underestimating the astonishing stupidity of the american public.

- - - Updated - - -

or enough jackasses pulling bullshit like "trump and hillary are the same, vote gary johnson" or whatever retardation that strain of self righteous idiots are spewing this cycle trying to sabotage american democracy to make themselves feel like their hipster cred is slightly better.

When push comes to shove, enough people will pull the lever for Hillary, if only because she represents stability.

The "He will shake things up" crowd are Hillary's best campaigners. We don't like things to be shaken up. We turn on the news and see the latest story from Aleppo. That's a shake up.

If Gary Johnson had what it takes to be President, he would be either the Democrat or Republican nominee.

Sure, Trump could win. As it stands now, he's going to get the turnout. Hillary is not. Donald's handlers finally got a leash on him and he's acting like a socially acceptable human being for once. That will change after the election. President Donald would go back to being himself. The DNC needs to drive this home. As the time draws near, there needs to be a barrage of commercials reminding Americans who this asshole is. It's not like there isn't enough material out there. But they can't bring it out too early. Let the public get used to this new, disciplined Donald for now.

Hillary sucks. She's a pure politician and people hate politicians. Hell, she's probably even got a DNC tramp stamp. But with her as president, I don't worry about the end of humanity and that's more than I can say for Donald.

P.S.: In what world does Trump beat Clinton in a debate?

There are obviously large areas of the United States where no-one female, intelligent and, worst of all, having a cough, could possibly be allowed to win an election. Good God, they've already had an alien Muslim Communist! Is there no end to Political Correctness? Heil Trump and Death to the Present!

There is the phenomena of people voting for one candidate but saying they voted for the other. In close elections these people can decide the outcome.

It is hard to believe as people see more and more of Trump they like him more, but I suppose that is possible with some people.

There is the phenomena of people voting for one candidate but saying they voted for the other. In close elections these people can decide the outcome.

It is hard to believe as people see more and more of Trump they like him more, but I suppose that is possible with some people.

It's the lack of an NHS!

It's the lack of an NHS!

The media has a lot to do with it.

They are after ratings, not truth.

Back
Top Bottom