• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid vaxx may destroy the immune system - Study

jdf5

Alex Berenson explain what the study mean.

Basically as i understand the injection prevents the production of antibodies for new variants of the virus. So if you have an infection from a new variant after taking the shot the immune system only creates the old type antibodies.

Very bad with a mutaing virus of course.

Geert Vanden Bossche has been warning for this.

In Bossches new paper he writes governments in nations with high numbers of vaccinated must prepare with large scale antiviral campaigns NOW.

“I SERIOUSLY expect that a series of new highly virulent and highly infectious SARS-CoV-2 (SC-2) variants will now rapidly and independently emerge in highly vaccinated countries"

You can go to your veterinarian (Geert Vanden Bossche) if you want, though they will probably be busy in court if they’ve been treating humans…

Well, that is a load of bullshit.

Statistically, it is most like that Covid-19 was going to mutate to become more contagious, which would statistically mean it would likely get less harmful

We are seeing that unfold. That has absolutely nothing to with the vaccine, which is still protecting the vaccinated much better than those that are not vaccinated. The virus gets weaker because all it "cares" about is reproducing. So if a mutation helps it be caught easier, it doesn't matter if it was weaker or not.

And with the vaccine, even against BA.4/5, the old vaccine is impacting how badly it can harm someone. Meanwhile, in a small study, it is appearing that unvax'd Omicron BA.1 infections are NOT leading to immunity in BA.4/5.

So the OP is just more misinformation.

Statistically, it is most like that Covid-19 was going to mutate to become more contagious, which would statistically mean it would likely get less harmful

We are seeing that unfold. That has absolutely nothing to with the vaccine, which is still protecting the vaccinated much better than those that are not vaccinated. The virus gets weaker because all it "cares" about is reproducing. So if a mutation helps it be caught easier, it doesn't matter if it was weaker or not.

And with the vaccine, even against BA.4/5, the old vaccine is impacting how badly it can harm someone. Meanwhile, in a small study, it is appearing that unvax'd Omicron BA.1 infections are NOT leading to immunity in BA.4/5.

Are you saying the study by 50 scientists published in Cell is disinfo?

They write:
"Viral variant infection elicits variant-specific antibodies, but prior mRNA vaccination imprints serological responses toward Wuhan-Hu-1 rather than variant antigens."

The intent of the study was to compare the efficacy of the various vaccine strategies. Some vaccines perform better than others when faced with a new (variant) infection.
OK. That figures. But "so what"?

They write:
"Viral variant infection elicits variant-specific antibodies, but prior mRNA vaccination imprints serological responses toward Wuhan-Hu-1 rather than variant antigens."

I'm saying you are peddling misinformation. Those vaccinated have done well against every variant to this point, include BA.4/5, where as natural immunity to BA.1 isn't even enough against BA.4/5.

Last edited:
I think your last sentence has the opposite meaning of what you meant, Jimmy.

Also are the immunities to BA.4/5 from vaccine and BA.1 infection measured in the same way? If not, that is a big problem.

They write:

I'm saying you are peddling misinformation. Those vaccinated have done well against every variant to this point, include BA.4/5, where as natural immunity to BA.1 isn't even enough against BA.4/5.

There seem to be more recent data indicating that vaccinated are more often infected than unvaccinated now. Perhaps to early to tell. We will see.

Doctors also see these problems according to Malone.

Also, the thread title says something about the immune system being "destroyed". Such emotional hyperbole discredits what might have some significance.. but that significance is completely lost in the dramatic attempt for attention.

For all who are seriously interested in this stuff, I highly recommend listening to TWIV podcast. I think they are on youtube as well.

The clinical updates with Dr Daniel Griffin are super informative.

The authors of the study also write:

"Additional booster doses may be able to compensate for relatively decreased binding to new viral variant antigens, potentially decreasing the public health impact of antibody response imprinting."

Normally that would be the case but most transmission of Covid is before symptoms show. This means the virus gains no benefit from becoming less harmful over time.

And note that diseases becoming less harmful over time can also be due to the more susceptible genes being culled by the disease.

No he's saying that your preferred (mis)interpretation of it is disinformation.

Quacks, charlatans and other peddler's of woo love to claim that they have the support of teams of scientists, most of whom would be horrified at the way their carefully explained results are being wildly and irresponsibly misrepresented by agenda driven fools.

They write:

So what? You're drawing improper conclusions from this.

Yes, antibodies synthesized against the latest would be more effective against that version. That does not mean they'll be more effective against the next version. That's what we are already seeing--the protection provided by infection with a given variant pretty much precludes reinfection with that variant--but doesn't provide very good protection against others.

The vaccine-induced antibodies are effective against a much wider range of variants.

The problem is you are measuring the wrong endpoint. Lowering the probability a given variant infects you is not the goal, but rather a proxy for the real goal of being alive and unharmed. It's called the survivorship fallacy--you're not counting the ones that didn't survive so the numbers look better than they really are.

Let's put this into a simpler scenario so hopefully you can see the problem:

You're standing in the street. I'm standing 100' away from you, I take out a six-shooter, load one cartridge and spin the cylinder. Now, this isn't quite Russian Roulette as I'm a fair distance away and my eyes have never exactly gotten along with iron sights anyway.

I pull the trigger, what happens? Either it goes click or it goes bang, and if it goes bang maybe I kill you (1%), maybe I wing you (4%), maybe I miss (95%.) I spin the cylinder again and pull the trigger once more. Now, if it previously went bang it obviously does nothing, whereas if it didn't go bang before maybe it does this time, with the same outcomes as before. You're looking at it and seeing the gun that has already gone bang as being safer than the one that hasn't--but to look at that gun that has gone bang you have to have survived the previous bang.

However, let's consider 3600 targets and 3600 guns. Same scenario and odds, spin the cylinder and pull the trigger. There's a 1 in 6 that it fires, this leaves 6 targets dead, 24 targets winged, and 3570 targets still standing. Spin the cylinders and pull the trigger again. 600 of the guns are empty, the remaining 3000 are pointed at 3000 of those survivors. 5 targets die, 20 targets are winged, 2975 targets are still standing plus the 570 that were facing empty guns. Thus we have 3545 still standing.

The problem is you are looking at the 3570 initial survivors and concluding that only 25 get hurt/killed rather than 30, but you're failing to count those 30, in practice firing twice means 55 hurt/killed.

If the virus ever mutates to the point that the vaccine-induced antibodies are useless we would simply be back where we started--no protection. At no point is your cumulative risk higher from having gotten the vaccine than not having gotten the vaccine.

I wouldn't say they have done well against Omicron. However, in all cases they've done better than not having them. The vaccine still has a good chance of reducing the severity of the infection.

I think your last sentence has the opposite meaning of what you meant, Jimmy.

Also are the immunities to BA.4/5 from vaccine and BA.1 infection measured in the same way? If not, that is a big problem.
Same test. Take blood from your test subject, add a sample of the virus and see what happens. To what degree do the antibodies in the blood go after the virus?

This is a test that has been around a long time--on medical shows ever hear "type and cross match"? Compare the blood types to see if they are the same, then take a little bit of blood from the patient and the bag of blood they are considering transfusing, mix and see if they react. Cross matching actually predates blood typing. (Originally transfusion was something of a hail mary as it generally killed the recipient. Doctors figured out they could mix a bit and see if there would be a problem, once they learned that they then worked out how to anticipate which reactions would go bad. They still do the cross match because you can have antibodies developed from a previous transfusion and thus could have a problem with blood that by type is compatible.)

Alex Berenson explain what the study mean.
No, Alex Berenson does not. He is a crank. So much so that Fox News cancelled his TV show before it even started.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Berenson appeared frequently in American right-wing media, spreading false claims about COVID-19 and its vaccines.[2] He spent much of the pandemic arguing that its seriousness was overblown; once COVID-19 vaccines were rolled out, he made false claims about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.[3][4][5][6][7]
Early in the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, Berenson vocally argued that people and the media were overestimating the risk of the new virus, that it posed little risk to young Americans, and that it was being used as a cover for government overreach.[2][28] Many public health experts have rejected his claims.[2][28]: 1 

In May 2020, Fox News announced that Berenson would host a TV show called COVID Contrarian on its online streaming platform Fox Nation. However, by July 2020, amid surges in coronavirus cases across parts of the United States, Fox News appeared to have backtracked and removed the announcement of his show from its website.[29]

In 2021, Berenson tweeted that COVID-19 vaccinations had led to 50 times more adverse effects than flu vaccine. PolitiFact rated the claim "mostly false".[6] The Atlantic called him "The pandemic's wrongest man", owing to his false claims of the vaccine's ineffectiveness.[4]

On August 28, 2021, Twitter permanently suspended Berenson for repeated violations of its policy on COVID-19 misinformation.[30]

On January 25, 2022, Berenson appeared on the Fox News show Tucker Carlson Tonight declaring that existing mRNA vaccines are "dangerous and ineffective" against COVID-19, and further demanding that they be withdrawn from the market immediately.[31] The Washington Post's Philip Bump denounced Carlson for "inviting Berenson on, despite his proven track record of misinformation and cherry-picking" and observed that "Berenson's claims went unchallenged."[32]

There seem to be more recent data indicating that vaccinated are more often infected than unvaccinated now. Perhaps to early to tell. We will see.

Doctors also see these problems according to Malone.

Note that he's claiming to be mRNA vaccine inventor.

In reality he played a very small role in it.

Given the amount of garbage he's spouted on Covid I'm certainly not going to take his word for it that the vaccinated are more often infected than the unvaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom