• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Creationist Ken Ham calls to end space program because aliens are going to hell anyway.

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Creationist Ken Ham has said that the U.S. space program is a waste of money because any alien life that scientists found would be damned to hell.

“I’m shocked at the countless hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent over the years in the desperate and fruitless search for extraterrestrial life,” Ham wrote in a Sunday column on his Answers in Genesis website.

Ham argued that “secularists are desperate to find life in outer space” as a part of their “rebellion against God in a desperate attempt to supposedly prove evolution.”

“Life did not evolve but was specially created by God, as Genesis clearly teaches. Christians certainly shouldn’t expect alien life to be cropping up across the universe,” he continued. “Now the Bible doesn’t say whether there is or is not animal or plant life in outer space. I certainly suspect not.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/...e-going-to-hell-anyway/#.U81jU4pmYAg.facebook

Ken Ham says Spock is going to Hell.
Like that episode.
With the Yangs.
Scifi DOES tell the future!

Wait, wasn't there someone HERE who insisted that God had revealed himself to aliens, so when we found them we'd find Jesus waiting for us,and then we wouldn't have a leg to stand on for being atheists?

Sounds like Self, but i can't quite remember. Anyway, seems more upbeat than Ham's babbling.

Arnoldo had a thread on the old board about Jesus being an alien love child.

And Mindsword thought aliens were transdimensional beings of some sort who communicated via DMT and ayahuasca. But that's all completely true.

Of course you know what I'd say.

There can't be aliens because the Universe is only 10,000 years old. The stars are just prickly points in the celestial sphere where God lets the light of heaven shine through so we know he is up there. Silly! Plus Joshua bade the sun to stand still and not the earth!

SLD

tumblr_mj5823ohgL1ru74s4o1_500.jpg

Wouldn't this be an argument against missionaries? Don't leave your home country in search of 'natives' distant and unaware of The Word, as they will just burn in hell no matter what anyway? What IS the difference between terrestrial versuus extraterrestrial missionaries? (besides the lols).

Wouldn't this be an argument against missionaries? Don't leave your home country in search of 'natives' distant and unaware of The Word, as they will just burn in hell no matter what anyway? What IS the difference between terrestrial versuus extraterrestrial missionaries? (besides the lols).

Presumably a horrible tentacle beast with sixteen eyes is too hideous to have a soul, and so naturally its evangelical ministry won´t be as effective.

And Mindsword thought aliens were transdimensional beings of some sort who communicated via DMT and ayahuasca. But that's all completely true.

I've got to try DMT!

That would have been funnier if you had left in the part of my post that said:
Of course you know what I'd say.

Although maybe a bit misleading, considering your response.

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably a horrible tentacle beast with sixteen eyes is too hideous to have a soul, and so naturally its evangelical ministry won´t be as effective.

Tentacles...

Yes. Ham doesn't think practicing gays belong in Heaven, so clearly something that has six sexes or an ovipositor cannot possibly receive communion.

Although i would dearly love to see the post-contact rules for Mormon Missionaries.
1. Dress conservatively.
2. Regular haircuts.
3. Proselytize for 10 hours between 9:30 A.M. and 9:30 P.M.
4. Do not watch television.
5. Do not exchange bodily fluids except if that is the only means to proselytize on that planet.
6. Do not swim.
7. Do not play chess on 3D boards.
8. Do not eat any foods if you cannot determine the sentience of the ingredients.
9. Do not debate with plants.
10. Do not participate in any telepathic events.
11. Always address your companion as Elder or Sister.
11a. Or Thingy, Quirtle or F'p'!'pop, as appropriate (your mission President will direct you on this).
12. Never be alone with anyone of any gender that is not your own.
12a. Including 'neuter.'

So in Ken Ham's theology, God is an even worse monster than previously though.

According to him, God has condemned an entire species of intelligent life to eternal torment, for something that wasn't even done by anyone in that species. Heck, not even by anyone on the same planet. And to top it off, this innocent race is given no opportunity at all to be 'saved'.

According to him, God has condemned an entire species of intelligent life to eternal torment, for something that wasn't even done by anyone in that species. Heck, not even by anyone on the same planet. And to top it off, this innocent race is given no opportunity at all to be 'saved'.

I have thought it over a bit longer and now I am of the opinion that "the church" would declare all extraterrestrial life either "an animal, for which man has dominion over" or "a beast implanted by the Devil to fool and destroy us all"... depending on apparent sentience.

Now I'm working on the Arc appologetic... Can a Kind travel to another planet on a mat of seaweed?

No shit Ken wants us to stop looking for the last nail that will permantently seal the coffin of his dieing religion.

I have thought it over a bit longer and now I am of the opinion that "the church" would declare all extraterrestrial life either "an animal, for which man has dominion over" or "a beast implanted by the Devil to fool and destroy us all"..
On the other hand, if the first alien life form we find looks anything like a satyr, they're going to wave those verses under our noses and talk about how prescient the authors of The Books were.

Back
Top Bottom