• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

D.C. Mayor renames street in front of White House "Black Lives Matter Plaza"

hurtinbuckaroo

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
laissez le bon temps rouler
And she has public works crews, assisted by volunteers, paint "Black Lives Matter" on the road surface in 40-foot letters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...44ff4a-a733-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html

Suck it, SCROTUS.

imrs.php

When I saw this this morning, I really had a good laugh. Good for the mayor for getting into Trump's head. What a brilliant idea!

So is this something he has to see from the chopper when landing at the White House?

Because Fuck You Trump Plaza was already taken.
My wife just asked 'who'd want that street name for an address?'

Are you kidding? I'd be getting stationary printed up.
Writing to every conservative mailing list for literature.

Hmmm. May have to change my name. "Dear Mr. Fucktrump. We have a wonder ful opportunity for you and the whole Fucktrump family!"

"To all our subscribers at 100 Fuck You Trump Plaza..."

Stupid political stunt! Don't paint messages on roads in colors normally used for traffic indications!

Stupid political stunt! Don't paint messages on roads in colors normally used for traffic indications!

That was my first reaction too. I don't mind about the street name but the street painting was chosen poorly.

It's OK to confront stupid with stupid when making a point. Trump will undoubtedly do something in retaliation because, well, nobody's going to out-stupid the master.

That was my first reaction too. I don't mind about the street name but the street painting was chosen poorly.

Looking at the map, the street is very close to the White House. Given the propensity towards excessive security in the US, is there a lot of road traffic there?

The letters are far too big to be taken as any traffic indications except crosswalks and no one in DC pays any attention to crosswalks.

It's OK to confront stupid with stupid when making a point. Trump will undoubtedly do something in retaliation because, well, nobody's going to out-stupid the master.

My problem with it is they didn't think about what it looks like to the driver.

The letters are far too big to be taken as any traffic indications except crosswalks and no one in DC pays any attention to crosswalks.

It doesn't have to look like a traffic marker, it just has to look yellow to be a problem. You don't cross solid yellow unless you're turning. This is going to cause "Oh, shit!" reactions from drivers.

I really don't think the letters will be a problem on a street where people drive very slowly. People know it's three. It's been all over the news. Yellow just means caution. I've not seen huge yellow traffic markers on any roads in my life and I"m 70 years old.

My problem with it is they didn't think about what it looks like to the driver.
You really think someone is going to get confused driving down the street???

Yabut ... look at who is complaining about it loudest: trumpsuckers
You can't expect the feeble minded followers of Agent Orange to get anything but terminally confused if something of the color of traffic indicators comes into their field of view without simple instructions on how to respond. This could tie up traffic for hours.

You really think someone is going to get confused driving down the street???

They get confused very easily.

I love that she did this, and I hope it burns as the demand of the majority every time Trump has to fly over.

That said, I hope they used paint that gives a bit of traction. I wouldn't want to be travelling on those broad expanses of paint in rain.

People really need to be aware of the consequences of doing stuff like this. What if someday, some extreme radical offshoot of BLM does some real stupid shit, like blowing up a federal building a la Timothy McVeigh and killing hundreds? I imagine those who thought it was a good idea to call their local school "Bill Cosby Elementary School" are probably having second thoughts about that.

Back
Top Bottom