• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

"Have you ever seen a President who refuses to accept blame - and I want to add to that - commits so many falsehoods, I'm being very polite here calling them falsehoods, on any given day?" - Kudlow to Pence.

I was wondering whether this is the right thread for this, but a total lack of self awareness is an example of stupidity so...

The most baffling part is that this guy is the top contender to be a president again in 2024.
Don't worry. He passed a dementia test.

Lest anyone think Jayjay's baffling claim is hyperbole, here are the current odds for the 2024 Presidential Election as quoted at the Betfair Prediction Market:

26% Trump
16% DeSantis
14% Biden
6% Harris
6% Pence
3% Haley
3% Buttigieg

Five others have chances greater than 1% according to the prediction market. These are H. Clinton, Johnson, Warren, M. Obama and Pompeo. (That's Dwayne Johnson for those of you who don't follow politics.)

It's getting worse.

What's most disturbing about the antics of the junior legislators on the Right isn't even so much that they have extreme, radical opinions. There are always a few unhinged firebrands in the houses of Congress, voters like a news-maker. But in former times, it was considered the job of the Party itself to police its members somewhat, to curb the excesses and establish boundaries. The Democrats still do this in spades. The GOP makes only the barest of gestures of doing so. Rather, the full weight of their ire falls only on those they see as traitors to the Party, never on traitors to the nation.

Here's an interesting take on climate change,

Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then -- now we got we to clean that back up.

If the Jewish Space Laser Lady is smarter than you, just walk away.

article said:
But her attempt to compliment Latino diversity didn't go over very well when she said that the community is “as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio.”
link

Who the heck penned that?! While I'm sure some might consider it "woke" to think comparing cultural uniqueness to that of local breakfast tacos (no matter how unique those might be), it is just really... well... stupid. Certainly, she isn't attempting to demean anyone, but when trying to appear like you care, you reference a breakfast food, it just really looks foolish.

article said:
But her attempt to compliment Latino diversity didn't go over very well when she said that the community is “as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio.”
link

Who the heck penned that?! While I'm sure some might consider it "woke" to think comparing cultural uniqueness to that of local breakfast tacos (no matter how unique those might be), it is just really... well... stupid. Certainly, she isn't attempting to demean anyone, but when trying to appear like you care, you reference a breakfast food, it just really looks foolish.
Out of curiosity, what does Mr Trump say about Latino culture?

article said:
link

Well, he posted a pic of him eating a taco bowl salad on Cinco de Mayo. Tacos in America aren't very Mexican. Taco bowl salads... oi!

article said:
link

Well, he posted a pic of him eating a taco bowl salad on Cinco de Mayo. Tacos in America aren't very Mexican. Taco bowl salads... oi!
Actually it was just a taco bowl, no salad was involved.

But in fairness, in that same tweet, he said "I love Hispanics!" So at least he wasn't patronizing or out of touch in any way.

article said:
link

I don't know about the culture part but Noel Casler, who used to work on the set of The Apprentice, said Trump used vicious racial slurs against the Puerto Rican employees on the set.

Hey, remember when the "Latinos for Trump" guy threatened us that there would be "taco trucks on every corner" if Hillary won? Is that still on, with the Bidens? Because my corner has two already, but it would be nice if there were a few more between here and my place of work, as there are a bunch of naked blocks on the way and the hunger can start at any time.

Oh dear, "doctor" Jill Brandon is mucho lamento for comparing latinos to breakfast tacos. :ROFLMAO: Stereotype much Jill?

Back
Top Bottom