• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

So... why are these videos done in people's cars?
Because that's the only time their friends and families and coworkers aren't around to see how shit of human beings they actually are?

FaoEUbYWAAEG7_l

That appears to be a 'guest' SSID, so it should have very limited access to the network. Given the woefully simple password, you would certainly hope that was the case. Most WiFi routers have 'standard' and 'guest' SSIDs, where 'guest' basically has access to nothing apart from the external internet connection; It would be possible but incredibly foolish to set up the security cameras to be accessible from 'guest'.

Typically the 'guest' SSID is used where you want to give large numbers of low-trust users Internet access (such as at a resort or bar), but don't want to give them access to other devices on your LAN.

The chosen password speaks to the quality of controls segmenting the internal and external networks... I am positive that a lateral attack would be possible

link
article said:
Trump's legal team filed a lawsuit asking a judge to stop the Department of Justice from going through the materials that were seized.

The lawsuit detailed the raid and stated that what happened on August 8 was a "shockingly aggressive move" and that there was "no understanding of the distress that it would cause most Americans."
Distress? I'm in distress that he has fallen through a large meat grinder, but I don't see him doing anything about helping me with that distress.

article said:
In the 27-page lawsuit, his legal team claimed the search was politically motivated and identified Trump as "the clear frontrunner in the 2024 Republican Presidential Primary and in the 2024 General Election, should he decide to run."
Jebus! Even in ridiculous legal filings, he can't stop with the bravado.

Trump: Make certain you include the that I'm the: clear frontrunner in the 2024 Republican Presidential Primary and in the 2024 General Election.... umm... should I decide to run... and umm... all the women love to be in bed with me.
Lawyer: We aren't adding that.
Trump: What about just the last part?
Lawyer: NO!
Trump: The first two?
Lawyer: Fine.... *click*
Trump: Most bestest Primary candidate ever. .... .... man... woman... camera... tv...

And put in that I'm a pro say!

Trump: And add with this sharpie that there was "NO COLUSION".

Lawyer: "No collu..."

Trump: "It's spelled with one L, you moron!"

Well, I doubt now that people are attacking the networks, now that someone tweeted the idea to try, that they'll be kept out for long.

They had top secret classified documents in an unlocked room that literally anyone with the money to stay there could walk into any time, after which they secured it with a lock that could be popped practically by looking at it.

And you think they secured or structured their network properly. (Actually, I don't expect you think that.)
The SSID had "guest" in it--I would presume that means it's set up by someone who knows to keep it isolated from the real network. I've seen such SSID/password combinations written on public-facing signs many times. Their presence here doesn't prove anything--most likely that it's a reference to be provided to those who ask. If they were actually being stupid the SSID wouldn't have "guest" in it.

The chosen password speaks to the quality of controls segmenting the internal and external networks... I am positive that a lateral attack would be possible
There's no reason to make a secure password in such a situation. I have encountered some and it's annoying--secure passwords are a pain to type on phones.

You read that title correctly. Supposedly someone taking medication to protect their own personal health is a violation of someone else’s religious freedom. And make no mistake: this affects way more than LGBTQIA+. It is a public health issue that impacts ALL of us.

Some hosebag attorney named Jonathan Mitchell filed a case in Texas arguing that his plaintiffs who pay into a health insurance policy that covers PrEP violates their religious beliefs based on the fact that it “enables and encourages homosexual behavior” and apparently they aren’t having it. Never mind the fact that PrEP saves lives and there really are heterosexual folks that take it as well. Apparently PrEP is a slippery slope that will lead to gay sex in the streets while reading banned books to 3rd graders in the wrong bathrooms….or something.

The 42 page ruling by United States district judge Reed O’Conner states “The PrEP mandate violates Braidwood’s rights under [Religious Freedom Restoration Act].”

This douche bubble of a justice (a mockery of the term) is not new to this ridiculous sort of behavior according to The Advocate who writes:

O'Connor's ruling is not surprising to seasoned observers.

A coalition of conservative groups sued the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to allow them to discriminate based on religious grounds, and O’Connor ruled in 2021 that they could proceed. This was despite the Supreme Court extending employment protections for LGBTQ+ people a year earlier. In addition, O’Connor struck down Obama-era health insurance protections for LGBTQ+ people and ruled the Affordable Care Act was unconstitutional (the Supreme Court later reversed O’Connor’s rulings).
WTF?!?

Jordan Peterson's 27 minute rant about Twitter cancelling him.

How the fuck do people think this condescending prick is an "intellectual"? How can Peterson be so patronising and not get repeated punched in the face?

Full disclosure; I only skimmed the video, I don't hate myself so much as to force myself to endure it in its entirety.

How the fuck do people think this condescending prick is an "intellectual"? How can Peterson be so patronising and not get repeated punched in the face?

Full disclosure; I only skimmed the video, I don't hate myself so much as to force myself to endure it in its entirety.
Just curious, but why did he get banned from twitter? (I'm also not going to bother watching the video.)

Just curious, but why did he get banned from twitter? (I'm also not going to bother watching the video.)
Repeatedly deadnaming Elliot Page, then stating gender reaffirming surgeons are no better than nazis. Typical Daily Wire provocative shit basically. He wasn't banned per se, Twitter asked him to delete the offending tweets. Peterson took the...unconventional approach of saying he would rather die than delete those tweets (direct quote). As a result, he is now the new hero of the victimised right.

Repeatedly deadnaming Elliot Page, then stating gender reaffirming surgeons are no better than nazis. Typical Daily Wire provocative shit basically. He wasn't banned per se, Twitter asked him to delete the offending tweets. Peterson took the...unconventional approach of saying he would rather die than delete those tweets (direct quote). As a result, he is now the new hero of the victimised right.
I absolutely love, btw, how they handled Elliot's transition on the Umbrella Academy. They just carried it through to the show, and then mostly ignored that it happened at all!

It was the best statement a piece of media could make about transition.

And then fucks like this dick-son fuck see it and get so mad that they stick a pole in their spokes and blame everyone but themselves for it and then accuse us all of being insensitive when we fail to give a shit when their self harm ends up maiming them.

WTF is the Umbrella Academy???
It's a piece of media prominently featuring Elliot Paige.

The plot revolves around a broken family of superpowered out-of-touch rich assholes.

The rest of it was just enjoying watching someone destroy their life and career by imploding over it.

Back
Top Bottom