• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

A lot of right wingers vehemently deny being right wingers. I'd expect a lot of left wingers to also deny being left wingers, but for some reason, I don't see that. Maybe because I'm a "left winger"?

Conservatives keep calling me a communist, so I thought, y'know what? Why not own up to it? Sure, I'm a communist!

A lot of right wingers vehemently deny being right wingers. I'd expect a lot of left wingers to also deny being left wingers, but for some reason, I don't see that. Maybe because I'm a "left winger"?

Conservatives keep calling me a communist, so I thought, y'know what? Why not own up to it? Sure, I'm a communist!

To be fair, anyone who doesn't full throatedly endorse the Republican "free enterprise" feudal system, is literally a communist, at least relatively speaking.

I wouldn't know where to go to deny being a left winger. Or how. I mean, denying RIGHT-wingmanship is easy.

I say things like, 'i thought we established Nazis were losers?' And a coworker snaps, 'Not all right wingers are Nazis!'
I...never said they were, Dick.

Or, "there's still a lot of racism in this country.' And i get told by Harry,, "NOT EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR (Florida Man) IS RACIST!!"

So, right-wing is easy.
I think they're trying to 'get back' at me when they try to convince me my goals are Marxist. But we never get to the punchline. "I suppose you'd give free healthcare to hippies and draft dodgers?" Um, yeah. What part of 'for all' confuses you?

I like when I mention the same arguments were made ages ago against social security and free public schools & I get "The public schools suck & social security is being gutted". I grin and say "but the communists didn't take over".

wmuHjsq.jpg

bVK5sLB.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/19/opinion/ted-cruz-texas-snowflake.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

So if you were a dog, would you rather belong to Ted Cruz or Mitt Romney?

Yes, you have to choose.

Perhaps you remember that many, many years ago, Romney drove to Canada for a family vacation with his Irish setter Seamus on the roof of his car. I mentioned this fact about two million times when Romney ran for president, mainly to break up the tedium of a very boring campaign.

This week Cruz made headlines when he got caught taking a plane for a family escape to Mexico while Texas was suffering through its stupendous weather crisis.

Michael Hardy, a Texas journalist, went to check the on the empty Cruz house in Houston and discovered the neighborhood had indeed had a power outage. He also saw “a small, white dog looking out the bottom right pane of glass in the senator’s front door.”

Ted had abandoned Snowflake the poodle! OK, that’s a little tough. A security guard parked outside the senator’s house volunteered that he’d been doing some caretaking.

Apparently, Republican politicians aren't mentally fit enough to have pets! Still, at least Romney did take his do with him on vacation, even if he did tie him to the roof of the car.

Apparently, Republican politicians aren't mentally fit enough to have pets! Still, at least Romney did take his do with him on vacation, even if he did tie him to the roof of the car.
Well, Snowflake doesn't speak Mexican, so he'd just be bored in Cancun.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/19/opinion/ted-cruz-texas-snowflake.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

So if you were a dog, would you rather belong to Ted Cruz or Mitt Romney?

Yes, you have to choose.

Perhaps you remember that many, many years ago, Romney drove to Canada for a family vacation with his Irish setter Seamus on the roof of his car. I mentioned this fact about two million times when Romney ran for president, mainly to break up the tedium of a very boring campaign.

This week Cruz made headlines when he got caught taking a plane for a family escape to Mexico while Texas was suffering through its stupendous weather crisis.

Michael Hardy, a Texas journalist, went to check the on the empty Cruz house in Houston and discovered the neighborhood had indeed had a power outage. He also saw “a small, white dog looking out the bottom right pane of glass in the senator’s front door.”

Ted had abandoned Snowflake the poodle! OK, that’s a little tough. A security guard parked outside the senator’s house volunteered that he’d been doing some caretaking.

My feeling is that Republicans are basically sociopaths, from slightly like Romney to completely, like Trump. Treating a family pet in that way shows a lack of empathy.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets, or anything else in the home. I'm sure that's what Hispanic migrant workers are for in Cruz world, at least until someone finds out they are undocumented.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets,
Where's anyone saying that?
I see a lot of people thinking Cruz oughtta care for, or show care for, living things he's taken responsibility for. But no one's treating this like Ted's suddenly possessed, or replaced by a pod-people version of Ted, or his evil twin, Twed.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets, or anything else in the home. I'm sure that's what Hispanic migrant workers are for in Cruz world, at least until someone finds out they are undocumented.

At the risk of appearing to defend Ted Cruz, the thing about the dog is a distraction. When I had a dog, my best friend would watch her when I went on vacation. Since she wasn't good with his animals he would come by on a daily basis to feed her, take her for walks, and make sure she was okay. I would return the favor by watching his pets when he was out of town.

No, the real problem here is that Ted used his wealth and power to skip out on the people of Texas. The overwhelming majority of whom could not just suddenly decide to pop off to Cancun for a day or a long weekend on short notice, let alone in the middle of a natural disaster/pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom