• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrat's Open Borders are causing Haitian Immigrants to steal and eat our Kittens!

According to my link, it's not immigrants who are eating the cats, its some kooky American in a different part of Ohio.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/baseless-claim-haiti-immigrants-cats-springfield-ohio/

While it's not possible to say where the claim originated, the Springfield News-Sun reported that it may be linked to a viral post in a Springfield Facebook group.

In the Facebook post, a person says a neighbor's daughter's friend lost her cat and later found it hanging from a branch near a Haitian neighbor's house, according to the Springfield News-Sun. Screenshots of the post have been circulating on X and other platforms, racking up thousands of likes and views.

The post appears to be in a private Facebook group; CBS News has not been able to independently verify the authenticity of the post.

While it's not possible to say where the claim originated, the Springfield News-Sun reported that it may be linked to a viral post in a Springfield Facebook group.

In the Facebook post, a person says a neighbor's daughter's friend lost her cat and later found it hanging from a branch near a Haitian neighbor's house, according to the Springfield News-Sun. Screenshots of the post have been circulating on X and other platforms, racking up thousands of likes and views.

The post appears to be in a private Facebook group; CBS News has not been able to independently verify the authenticity of the post.

Some social media users shared body camera footage of an unrelated incident in which an Ohio woman was accused of killing and eating a cat in Canton, a city more than 170 miles away from Springfield. Public records indicate the woman in the footage, Allexis Telia Ferrell, is not a migrant and has lived in Ohio for at least 18 years.

Social media users are also sharing AI images in connection with the claim about Haitian migrants. One AI-created image shows Trump holding a cat in each arm, running through a crowd of Black people. The caption reads: "The kittens of Springfield have only one hope."

Springfield, a city of just under 58,000 people, has seen a large increase in migrants arriving in the last several years.

There are an estimated 12,000 to 15,000 migrants in Ohio's Clark County, with more than 10,000coming from Haiti, according to local officials. The Springfield-based Haitian Community Help and Support Center was established in 2023 to help assist migrants, especially Haitains, arriving in Clark County.

In addition to dispelling rumors about harm to pets, the city's spokesperson said there were no confirmed instances of migrants squatting, littering or deliberately disrupting traffic.
social media users shared body camera footage of an unrelated incident in which an Ohio woman was accused of killing and eating a cat in Canton, a city more than 170 miles away from Springfield. Public records indicate the woman in the footage, Allexis Telia Ferrell, is not a migrant and has lived in Ohio for at least 18 years.

Social media users are also sharing AI images in connection with the claim about Haitian migrants. One AI-created image shows Trump holding a cat in each arm, running through a crowd of Black people. The caption reads: "The kittens of Springfield have only one hope."

Springfield, a city of just under 58,000 people, has seen a large increase in migrants arriving in the last several years.

There are an estimated 12,000 to 15,000 migrants in Ohio's Clark County, with more than 10,000coming from Haiti, according to local officials. The Springfield-based Haitian Community Help and Support Center was established in 2023 to help assist migrants, especially Haitains, arriving in Clark County.

In addition to dispelling rumors about harm to pets, the city's spokesperson said there were no confirmed instances of migrants squatting, littering or deliberately disrupting traffic.

It's not that I don't like cats, but considering how many feral cats there are in the US, including outside the assisted living facility where I used to work, maybe somebody ought to eat some of the ferrel cats. ;) These damn Republicans are such assholes. They spread these stupid lies and sadly, dumbass people believe them.

A number of conservatives on this forum will readily believe this. Quite pathetic.

It's odd how conservatives will always believe such things. 🤔

So this is really 'a thing'?
My daydream: if you painted whiskers on Trump and put paper cat ears on him, he'd look like the fattest, laziest, oldest ginger Persian ever, with plenty o' meat on those bones. Then, if you could only get him to nap on a big window sill at Mar-a-Lago, in view of the wait staff...

According to my link, it's not immigrants who are eating the cats, its some kooky American in a different part of Ohio.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/baseless-claim-haiti-immigrants-cats-springfield-ohio/

Some social media users shared body camera footage of an unrelated incident in which an Ohio woman was accused of killing and eating a cat in Canton, a city more than 170 miles away from Springfield. Public records indicate the woman in the footage, Allexis Telia Ferrell, is not a migrant and has lived in Ohio for at least 18 years.

social media users shared body camera footage of an unrelated incident in which an Ohio woman was accused of killing and eating a cat in Canton, a city more than 170 miles away from Springfield. Public records indicate the woman in the footage, Allexis Telia Ferrell, is not a migrant and has lived in Ohio for at least 18 years.

It's not that I don't like cats, but considering how many feral cats there are in the US, including outside the assisted living facility where I used to work, maybe somebody ought to eat some of the ferrel cats. ;) These damn Republicans are such assholes. They spread these stupid lies and sadly, dumbass people believe them.
If the cat was hanging from a branch, then it obviously wasn't eaten. They can't get their story straight.

So this is really 'a thing'?
My daydream: if you painted whiskers on Trump and put paper cat ears on him, he'd look like the fattest, laziest, oldest ginger Persian ever, with plenty o' meat on those bones. Then, if you could only get him to nap on a big window sill at Mar-a-Lago, in view of the wait staff...
My take is that JD Guyliner was sitting around with his...associates (can't imagine he has friends), smoking a fat one, and said "what's the craziest thing I can say that Trump supporters will totally believe?"

One of them pointed out the woman and the cat, and he said "that's it! Haitian immigrants eat cats!" Then one said "and she had sex with the cat!" and JD replied "hey, that's a bridge too far. Let's go with the Haitians eat cats thing."

Here's the original refugee with the original cat...

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fca3b725c-0e8a-4612-bc6e-598d43424edb_1920x1080.jpeg

Reactions: BH
Vance is incredibly inconsistent. If more people ate cats, there would be fewer childless cat ladies, since there wouldn’t be enough cats to go around. Then they’d get married, become nice tradwives, and pop out of the oven lots of good white Republican children.

OTOH, it’s probably not that he cares about the cats, just the color of skin of the people eating them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typo up there, that should be “childless CAT ladies,” of course, not “AT” ladies.

Vance is incredibly inconsistent. If more people ate cats, there would be fewer childless at ladies, since there wouldn’t be enough cats to go around. Then they’d get married, become nice tradwives, and pop out of the oven lots of good white Republican children.

OTOH, it’s probably not that he cares about the cats, just the color of skin of the people eating them.
I think the Chinese government should demand reparations from Haiti for stealing this cornerstone of Western racism from China.

In my day, it was well known* that the "chicken" served in Chinese Takeaways meowed when it was killed.

* ie baseless, but widely believed

Vance is incredibly inconsistent. If more people ate cats, there would be fewer childless at ladies, since there wouldn’t be enough cats to go around. Then they’d get married, become nice tradwives, and pop out of the oven lots of good white Republican children.

I think the Chinese government should demand reparations from Haiti for stealing this cornerstone of Western racism from China.

In my day, it was well known* that the "chicken" served in Chinese Takeaways meowed when it was killed.

* ie baseless, but widely believed
And, don't let them wok your dog.

OMG, Trump just claimed pets were being eaten by Haitians during his debate with Harris.

I genuinely laughed out loud.

^Yup, Arctish.

Trump just made the claim in the debate.

Says we'll see evidence.

So you know what that means... Republicans in Ohio are going to start kidnapping pets and making deepfake videos and hiring people to do it.

I remember rumors like this being spread about Hmong immigrants when I was a kid (most of whom were war veterans who'd recently fought for our country in Vietnam, and did not actually eat anyone's pets). Conservatives never come up with anything new, nor ever look to the real world as a guide for what is real or false. Ancient stereotypes attached to ancient peoples get recycled and regurgitated, because politicians know that they work.

I remember rumors like this being spread about Hmong immigrants when I was a kid (most of whom were war veterans who'd recently fought for our country in Vietnam, and did not actually eat anyone's pets). Conservatives never come up with anything new, nor ever look to the real world as a guide for what is real or false. Ancient stereotypes attached to ancient peoples get recycled and regurgitated, because politicians know that they work.
Yes I heard exactly this shit as a kid growing up in suburban Detroit, that blacks and immigrants and Chinese etc. kidnapped and ate the pets of nice white people. It’s a stupid racist urban legend. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine, back then, that one day a candidate of one of the two major parties for president of the U.S. would actually be repeating it. Times change, I guess

Back
Top Bottom