• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DeSantis to expand Stand Your Ground

Playball40

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Non-religious
If he gets his way, you can legally kill protesters. What could possibly go wrong? I hate florida.

https://www.newsweek.com/gov-ron-de...r-ground-laws-cover-criminal-mischief-1546537

DeSantis has offered an "anti-mob legislation draft," proposing to expand the law's list of "forcible felonies" to include looting or "criminal mischief" that could result in the "interruption or impairment" of a business, according to The Miami Herald. Legal experts and advocates have expressed concerns that the proposal is aimed at those taking part in protests against police brutality and racial injustice.

"It dangerously gives armed private citizens power to kill as they subjectively determine what constitutes 'criminal mischief' that interferes with a business," former Miami-Dade prosecutor Aubrey Webb told the Herald. "Someone graffiti-ing 'Black Lives Matter' on a wall? Urinating behind a dumpster? Blocking an entrance?"

Watch out for the right wingers here defending murder with glee.

If he gets his way, you can legally kill protesters. What could possibly go wrong? I hate florida.

https://www.newsweek.com/gov-ron-de...r-ground-laws-cover-criminal-mischief-1546537

DeSantis has offered an "anti-mob legislation draft," proposing to expand the law's list of "forcible felonies" to include looting or "criminal mischief" that could result in the "interruption or impairment" of a business, according to The Miami Herald. Legal experts and advocates have expressed concerns that the proposal is aimed at those taking part in protests against police brutality and racial injustice.

"It dangerously gives armed private citizens power to kill as they subjectively determine what constitutes 'criminal mischief' that interferes with a business," former Miami-Dade prosecutor Aubrey Webb told the Herald. "Someone graffiti-ing 'Black Lives Matter' on a wall? Urinating behind a dumpster? Blocking an entrance?"
So if the snake flag guys in the trump trucks block traffic like they did up north on election day then I can break out the .223 and start splattering heads? But then I don't think that is the type of protester that DeathSantis wants us to be shooting.

At this point, I'm all for letting the south secede.

Although your claim will probably never get tested, I doubt it anyway.

For you, it isn't enough that your side win, the other side must lose. You don't just look forward to you living under laws you like, you look forward to people who disagree with you living under laws you like and they don't like. It isn't enough to win, everyone else must lose.

So if they do secede, I'm pretty sure you'll be leading the charge to force them back so that you can do your own new modern version of reconstruction on them. Force them to do enact every law you want and they don't want. It's all about forcing others to do things your way for people like you.

For you, it isn't enough that your side win, the other side must lose. You don't just look forward to you living under laws you like, you look forward to people who disagree with you living under laws you like and they don't like. It isn't enough to win, everyone else must lose.

So if they do secede, I'm pretty sure you'll be leading the charge to force them back so that you can do your own new modern version of reconstruction on them. Force them to do enact every law you want and they don't want. It's all about forcing others to do things your way for people like you.

You're defending the pwn the libs guys with the above?

Do you have a reading disorder?

Just make sure that they pay off their share of the federal debt before they go.

And in USD, not Confederate Dollars or something.
And let's be sure to prorate it, based on the large drain on the northern Blue states the southern Red states have been for decades.

My guess is that they owe about 65% of the current federal debt, whatever that is. It's in the trillions, we northerners would love to have the southerners just pay us off and stop expecting more tax payer fundage from us.
Tom

Where is the point on a ������������������������ or ������

While watching you two slap at each other futilely like Xander and Harmony has its charms, I have to wonder where in the above post you see anything that looks to you like a defense of anyone, pwn the libs guys or otherwise. Jason appears to be expressing skepticism about your level of self-knowledge.

I understand that some Libertarians hold individual property ownership as the most important aspect of life, but it seems quite dangerous for a society to prize protection of revenue stream above that of life.

I understand that some Libertarians hold individual property ownership as the most important aspect of life, but it seems quite dangerous for a society to prize protection of revenue stream above that of life.

You first need to accept that (other people's) lives and revenue streams are one and the same.

Back
Top Bottom