• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dominion starts serving lawsuits

And of course, after these lawsuits start, Faux Nooz, OANN, Newsmax, et al have to be very, very careful how they report this. Or might get their sorry asses sued also.

I've heard all three of those "news" organizations are already in Dominion's sight.

This is wishful thinking but in some areas of a civil case, various things can be subpoenaed. It would be great if such things were text messages/emails/other communications that detailed the con job and exactly who was in on it, including Mr Big himself. Trump can potentially can afford a billion $ suit, but Powell and Rudy would declare bankruptcy. And hopefully also Dominion is thinking of this.

They probably don't care if they get a dime, as long as Rudy and Powell are publicly humiliated and disbarred. Hell, with all of the recounts showing their equipment performed pretty much flawlessly, the Trumpers may have actually helped Dominion's business. But the death threats, etc. are a different matter.

I doubt that this is true.

Even if Dominion only got half, that's 6.5 billion. And if they spend half of that on lawyers it's still 3.25 billion.

And they can demonstrate publicly, in court, that their system is reliable and secure. Put their claims up against the claims of the top TeaParty politicians and their best lawyers.

Yeah, I'm seeing a huge win for Dominion. Probably worth more than a billion by the time they're done fucking the Trumpistas.
Tom

You might want to check those numbers again.

Giggles said:
Giuliani asserted that the lawsuit would allow his "independent experts" to examine the voting machines and delve deeply into Dominion's investors and business connections.
Wait, the lawsuit is about claims you already made, NOW you get to use that to try to find evidence for your claims?

I scoff.

Hole dug deeper.

And they can demonstrate publicly, in court, that their system is reliable and secure.
I don't think they'll want to try to educate a jury on how their systems actually work. Unless they get very lucky and get lots of technical people in the box, it'll confuse them quickly.

They'll make Giuliani do the heavy lifting, then just cross examine him and his experts to little chicken nuggets of shame. "When you say 'X,' what does that mean? And how do you know this? Is there a reason you mentioned none of this in front of an actual judge 56 times in the election lawsuits?"

Rudy blusters, "I am a crazy guy!". Does this mean he gets to libel and slander a company any old way? Does Rudy have a crazy guy privilege card? Will this play well with a jury?

And of course, after these lawsuits start, Faux Nooz, OANN, Newsmax, et al have to be very, very careful how they report this. Or might get their sorry asses sued also.

I've heard all three of those "news" organizations are already in Dominion's sight.

Maybe they will aim at Faux's main enabler of disinformation spreading. Rupert Murdoch. He allows fools like Fuckhead Carlson free rein to say just anything.

Oh I believe all three had backed off of some of the conspiracy theories once getting a letter from Dominion's lawyers. OAN has even deleted their stories from the website.

Oh I believe all three had backed off of some of the conspiracy theories once getting a letter from Dominion's lawyers. OAN has even deleted their stories from the website.

Down the memory hole.

See 1984.

I doubt that this is true.

Even if Dominion only got half, that's 6.5 billion. And if they spend half of that on lawyers it's still 3.25 billion.

And they can demonstrate publicly, in court, that their system is reliable and secure. Put their claims up against the claims of the top TeaParty politicians and their best lawyers.

Yeah, I'm seeing a huge win for Dominion. Probably worth more than a billion by the time they're done fucking the Trumpistas.
Tom

You might want to check those numbers again.

OK.
Sorry.

I'd still go for the 325 million. Especially when it comes with a heapin' helpin' of schadenfreude and a public venue to make the case that Dominion is more reliable and secure than the GOP.
Tom

https://www.rawstory.com/lou-dobbs/
"Fox News has canceled "Lou Dobbs Tonight," the program hosted by television's staunchest supporter of Donald Trump and of his assertions of voter fraud in the 2020 election, The Times has learned. Dobbs' program, which airs twice nightly at 5 and 7 p.m. Eastern on the Fox Business Network, will have its final airing Friday, according to a Fox News representative who confirmed the cancellation," the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.
"Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News but he will in all likelihood not appear on the company's networks again. In addition to his Fox Business Network program, he occasionally turned up on the Fox News Channel as a commentator," the LA Times reported. "The cancellation comes a day after voting software company Smartmatic filed a $2.7 billion defamation suit against Fox News and three of its hosts — Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro.

Well, Smartmatic found a way to silence liars and libellers. Huge, massive lawsuits. One smear artist down!

https://www.rawstory.com/lou-dobbs/
"Fox News has canceled "Lou Dobbs Tonight," the program hosted by television's staunchest supporter of Donald Trump and of his assertions of voter fraud in the 2020 election, The Times has learned. Dobbs' program, which airs twice nightly at 5 and 7 p.m. Eastern on the Fox Business Network, will have its final airing Friday, according to a Fox News representative who confirmed the cancellation," the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.
"Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News but he will in all likelihood not appear on the company's networks again. In addition to his Fox Business Network program, he occasionally turned up on the Fox News Channel as a commentator," the LA Times reported. "The cancellation comes a day after voting software company Smartmatic filed a $2.7 billion defamation suit against Fox News and three of its hosts — Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro.

Well, Smartmatic found a way to silence liars and libellers. Huge, massive lawsuits. One smear artist down!

Jill-Wine-Banks (former Watergate prosecutor) thinks the suit might very well come to an award in that 2.7b ballpark if FOX doesn't settle fairly quickly.

Then with lots of money to play with, Smartmatic can start more lawsuits against others involved in libelling and defaming them. Rush Limbaugh was just as bad if not worse than Dobbs. And then we have the radio station media companies that kept Rush on air spreading lies and defamation. This all could be a target rich environment for Smartmatic.

Then with lots of money to play with, Smartmatic can start more lawsuits against others involved in libelling and defaming them. Rush Limbaugh was just as bad if not worse than Dobbs. And then we have the radio station media companies that kept Rush on air spreading lies and defamation. This all could be a target rich environment for Smartmatic.

Smartmatic may be only one of many entities negatively impacted by The Big Lie and those who knowingly spread it. It could become the gift that keeps on giving. I certainly hope so.

A small part of me worries that these defamation cases will lead to Liddell's Law, which will force courts to allow hearsay as admissible evidence.

A small part of me worries that these defamation cases will lead to Liddell's Law, which will force courts to allow hearsay as admissible evidence.
The rules are already a little more lax for civil cases, but why do you think that would be an issue specifically with regards to this?

How many here were against black box voting in 2004 when it was Diebold?

The rules are already a little more lax for civil cases, but why do you think that would be an issue specifically with regards to this?
Same as Trump's stolen election lies... the best legal evidence they had was hearsay (most of it was flat out accusation). One argument against point out Trump's Vanderbilt Football team like record in the courts for election fraud is the courts didn't allow the hearing of the "evidence". So a potential mitigation is to force courts to listen to evidence in the form of hearsay and accusation. I did note only a "small" part of me worried about it, but it is there in the back of my mind.

Liddell's case would rely on demonstrating that Liddell honestly thought there was fraud and that will require some level of evidence, most of which is well above the grade of the inadmissible "evidence" he et al. have been relying on up to this point.

Ah. I see what you're saying. I guess the best remedy, and I hope the court does this, is to have him lay it out. Then the court/lawyers can repeatedly point out that it's hearsay, and as such is inadmissible. I realize the mouthbreathers that support these frauds will say "see, they wouldn't let them show evidence". Those of us with IQs above room temperature will then have to point out that the legal meaning of inadmissible means that its useless and isn't actually evidence.

We'll see. I'm not actually too worried about that aspect of it (other than it getting more publicity than it should for these hucksters).

Back
Top Bottom