• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Eco-protestors deface Van Gogh

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Are these continual comments on the weather of Santa Monica just meant to needle us?
It's a little tongue in cheek jibe at the posters on here (steveb for example) who bang on about their local weather conditions being a sign of the coming climate apocalypse.

Having glorious weather at the moment, had the top down on the car on the way home yesterday. (y)

Playball40

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Non-religious
Oi!

article said:
London — Environmental protesters on Friday threw tomato soup over Vincent van Gogh's "Sunflowers" painting at the National Gallery in central London, videos posted on social media showed. Just Stop Oil said in a statement that two protesters threw two cans of Heinz Tomato soup over the painting at 11:00 a.m. (6 a.m. Eastern) to demand that the U.K. government halt all new oil and gas projects.

In a tweet, the activist group blamed the current economic turmoil and the climate crisis facing the world on fossil fuels, asking: "Is art worth more than life? More than food?"

In the video, someone can be heard yelling "oh my God" as the soup hits the canvas, and another person shouts "security?" as soup drips from the frame onto the floor.

The protest group said the painting had an estimated value of $84.2 million.
Okay folks, yes, I sympathize with the issues on carbon fuels. But a Van Gogh painting isn't important because of its monetary value! It is precious and irreplaceable! Also, in doing this, more security precautions need to be put into place to prevent idiots from harming other irreplaceable works of art!

This "protest" will not bring anyone towards the cause. It created serious damage. It will result in more pain in the asses for museum visitors. This act benefits no one and nothing.
Agree. It would have the opposite effect and piss me off.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
One of the white privileged, unemployable student eco-fascists compares herself to the rebels of the Irish War Of Independence;

Louise Harris was spared jail earlier this summer for the disruption caused when she and another protester - both clad in orange Just Stop Oil t-shirts - tried to tie themselves to goal posts during Tottenham Hotspur's clash with West Ham in March. Reflecting on the incident, the activist - who self-styles as a 'pop singer-songwriter - aligned herself with rebels during the Irish War Of Independence. In a Facebook post, she declared that 'we must learn form history' to stop climate activists being executed like rebels were.
Harris reportedly said to the judge during her hearing in July: 'I just want to say that I think it's highly ironic that on the hottest day the UK has ever had, when thousands of people are going to die from the severe heat, I am being called a criminal. 'Why is it a crime to run onto a football pitch, to try and stop billions of deaths worldwide, yet ecocide is not? 'As a judge, you are meant to stand for justice. You are meant to decide what is right. 'So tell me - is it right that the UK government is licensing billions of deaths worldwide, through more fossil fuels? Or is it in fact right to stand up against that?'

Daily Mail

Louise goes on about the "genocidal UK government" being complicit in climate change. I wonder how many of the elderly are going to die in the UK this winter because they cannot afford to heat their homes. I anticipate a large increase in numbers, particularly in Scotland.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist

Oh, it's a catastrophic 74f in Santa Monica today.
Are these continual comments on the weather of Santa Monica just meant to needle us? I guess I don't see the point. Even if you don't believe in global warming or anthropogenic climate change, you would have to admit that the specific temperature in one location on Earth would have no particular bearing on our understanding of global climate, yes? So, it would seem that you are either being purposefully antagonizing or woefully obtuse. Which is it?
Surprised we aren't getting any comments about Santa Monica being flat... hence the Earth isn't a globe.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
These white privileged unemployable students are unhinged;

An eco-zealot who poured human excrement over a memorial to pandemic hero Captain Sir Tom Moore has said she is 'really sad' the stunt caused 'hut and offence' and accepts it did not help her cause after today being spared jail. Maddie Budd, 21, pleaded guilty to causing criminal damage at the memorial in Hatton, Derbyshire, on September 30. District Judge Louisa Cieciora sentenced Budd to 21 weeks imprisonment suspended for 18 months. She was also ordered to pay £200 compensation.

Daily Mail

And her white privileged mother is no better;

Speaking outside the court, Maddie's mother Hattie Budd also said she acknowledged the 'distress' her daughter has caused. 'The court has heard that she didn't act out of any malice or disrespect, but out of fear, desperation and frustration at the lack of government action in the face of multiple crises. It is no secret that we are now at the cliff edge of a climate crisis and unless we urgently put carbon emissions into reverse, we threaten the future of everything we value and love. Anyone who understands what this means will understand why so many young people are experiencing anxiety, distress and despair.

Get your daughter some help love.

An end of times rapture like cult.

It's a catastrophic 68f in Santa Monica today. OMG!! Won't someone do something !!!!1111!!!!11!!!

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
It really is a cult;

She really believes there is a genocide going on. She needs help.

An end of times rapture like cult.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
Are these continual comments on the weather of Santa Monica just meant to needle us?
It's a little tongue in cheek jibe at the posters on here (steveb for example) who bang on about their local weather conditions being a sign of the coming climate apocalypse.

Having glorious weather at the moment, had the top down on the car on the way home yesterday. (y)
It comes across as bragging that you have no idea what "climate" means. No one has ever claimed that global warming would result in immediate and permanent flames in the sky of every city.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

It comes across as bragging that you have no idea what "climate" means.

Does it indeed?

No one has ever claimed that global warming would result in immediate and permanent flames in the sky of every city.
No one in here? I’m not sure exactly but the coming apocalypse can manifest in many ways even some sort of genocide.

It really is an end of times religion.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
The white privileged middle class retirees and unemployable liberal arts students continue their assault on the working classes;

Just Stop Oil activists have attempted to target Trafalgar Square in their latest traffic-stopping eco-protest, only to be quickly moved on by police. The eco-zealots attempted to block traffic around the famous central London monument this afternoon. But they were met with a heavy police presence and quickly removed from the roads. Attempting to revive their flailing protest - the 32nd consecutive day Just Stop Oil have demonstrated - the group instead took to hollering slogans from the pavement - away from their usual target of traffic.
It comes after eco-warriors from the group made a half-hearted attempt to scale the gates of Downing Street today - a day after their month of action officially came to an end. Protesters ran at the gates of the central London street, which is home to the Prime Minister and Chancellor.

Daily Mail

Clearly an assault on democracy, an insurrection if you will. :hysterical:

A catastrophic 60f in Santa Monica today.

Shadowy Man

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Rational Pragmatism
The white privileged middle class retirees and unemployable liberal arts students continue their assault on the working classes;

Just Stop Oil activists have attempted to target Trafalgar Square in their latest traffic-stopping eco-protest, only to be quickly moved on by police. The eco-zealots attempted to block traffic around the famous central London monument this afternoon. But they were met with a heavy police presence and quickly removed from the roads. Attempting to revive their flailing protest - the 32nd consecutive day Just Stop Oil have demonstrated - the group instead took to hollering slogans from the pavement - away from their usual target of traffic.
It comes after eco-warriors from the group made a half-hearted attempt to scale the gates of Downing Street today - a day after their month of action officially came to an end. Protesters ran at the gates of the central London street, which is home to the Prime Minister and Chancellor.

Daily Mail

Clearly an assault on democracy, an insurrection if you will. :hysterical:

A catastrophic 60f in Santa Monica today.
60?? Global cooling?

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Italy has it's share of privileged unemployable liberal arts students too;

Italian environmental protesters threw pea soup over a Vincent Van Gogh painting on display in Rome on Friday before gluing themselves to the wall of the gallery. The climate activists from Last Generation called their protest 'a desperate and scientifically grounded cry that cannot be understood as mere vandalism'.

Daily Mail

The rantings of these unhinged layabouts is quite comical.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I have no idea why Sky News would indulge an unhinged white privileged unemployable art student from "Just Stop Oil" but they did and it was hilarious. But with the name Indigo Rumbelow, she was born to be an annoying twat;

Perhaps it's satire.

And of course, Indigo is a hypocrite of the highest order;

The Just Stop Oil spokesman urged to stop screaming on live TV last night is a keen traveller racking up thousands of air miles when away from the stunning Welsh farm she grew up on, MailOnline can reveal today. Indigo Rumbelow, 28, appears to have travelled to Nepal twice since 2015 - posting a picture of herself jetting there by plane at around 30,000ft. The activist, who once glued herself to the M25 for Insulate Britain and was Extinction Rebellion's arts coordinator from North East London, has also apparently enjoyed breaks in Sweden, Lithuania, Croatia and other beauty spots abroad.

Daily Mail

senor boogie woogie

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Someone needed to have slapped the shit out of those girls when they splattered the painting. I would have.

I wonder how these two twits live without using fossil fuels. Do they walk everywhere? Like literally, everyday, no matter how far it is, to walk there? Driving an electric car also means using fossil fuels since the plant that makes electricity runs on coal or other fuel. Not to mention the mining of the minerals required to make the batteries for the electric cars are also very polluting.

But yeah, I doubt these two twits walk of ride bicycles everywhere and not ride or even drive a car, and more than likely both have ridden in planes.

Top Bottom