• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Faith Healing

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
In the news I watched a woman object to vaccination saying god was protecting her.

Religious insanity.

In the news I watched a woman object to vaccination saying god was protecting her.

Religious insanity.

I've been wondering for awhile: for all the religious objectors, where does it say in the bible that vaccines are against god?

At least some of the nutjobs claim that the vaccines required stem cell research, so they're connecting it to abortion, where they have a vague chain of Biblical verses that they claim show that God (the biggest killer of infants in literature) hates abortion. Never mind that they've have to shun many modern medicines to avoid the ones that used stem cell research in the development stages.

Everyone opposed to the jab has different reasons, it's not just the religious. With the so called "nut-job" rethoric - we just had anti-vax marches in their thousands in London, a mixed lot. Oddly ...there are quite alot of medical professionals who are on board too! To have those discussions to be applying sceptisim, in this regard, the reasons. One should be honest and bring ALL those percieved reasons for 'hesitency' (if being the topic) to the table! Especially in Freethought...

Religious insanity.

I've been wondering for awhile: for all the religious objectors, where does it say in the bible that vaccines are against god?

In the USA 'religious objection' and 'freedom of religion' has become a catch all excuse to hide behind.

Note that te pope. well into the pandemic, finally said there is no biblical basis for refusing vaccination. Better late then never.

In the past there have been cases where parents refused medical care for their kids.

Religious insanity.

Job 13:4 seems to apply to these folks, pretty well.

Note that te pope. well into the pandemic, finally said there is no biblical basis for refusing vaccination. Better late then never.
He endorsed vaccination right out of the gate actually, his American cardinals just blithely ignored him. Much as with their approach to the Bible, to the conservative Catholic, the Pope's word is only sacrosanct when they think he agrees with them.

"I do not understand why some say that this could be a dangerous vaccine," said Francis. "If the doctors are presenting this to you as a thing that will go well and doesn't have any special dangers, why not take it?"

"There is a suicidal denialism that I would not know how to explain but today people must take the vaccine," the pontiff continued.

He endorsed vaccination right out of the gate actually, his American cardinals just blithely ignored him. Much as with their approach to the Bible, to the conservative Catholic, the Pope's word is only sacrosanct when they think he agrees with them.

"I do not understand why some say that this could be a dangerous vaccine," said Francis. "If the doctors are presenting this to you as a thing that will go well and doesn't have any special dangers, why not take it?"

"There is a suicidal denialism that I would not know how to explain but today people must take the vaccine," the pontiff continued.
Business is business. Come down to hard on the side of reason and those enamored with woo will stop donating. Ignorance can stand on its own but religion is nothing without money.

When the pope made a foreign trip a papal spaceperson said they were not commend about the virus, they were protected by god.

If nothing the pope is a politician. His recent string stement was undiuvly a repnse to pressure of media reporting on vaccines and religious objections.

A brief glimmer of rationality by the RCC is just that. The RCC like Christianity in general is riddled with superstition and mahgic. By any other name priests are magicians, although the RCC only refers to non Catholic magic as magic.

Faith healing, talking to a god, forgiveness of sins and all the mumbo jumbo rituals, incantations, and spells. Priests wield power granted by a god.

The pope showing a moment of rationality does not change any of that.

Religious insanity.

Moses' story is full of plagues sent by God to accomplish His Glory, and the night He purposefully stayed His hand from the loyal True Believers.
I think to some people, saying, 'You need to be vaccinated,' is a direct attack on their faith, their piety as a Christain believer in God. You say, 'science tells us..' but what they hear is 'You're not a good enough believer for the Angel of Death to skip your house.'

Back
Top Bottom